Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a question for all you f -35 flyers out there has anybody gone by the manual CG reading at 4 mm from the leading edge if so am I correct that this plane is major tail heavy and result on a crash at that cg ... pics below
    am I reading it wrong ....

I see there is a new CG that has been superimposed at 32 mm pics below .

Been back-and-forth with motion RC about this let me know any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
      Had a question for all you f -35 flyers out there has anybody gone by the manual CG reading at 4 mm from the leading edge if so am I correct that this plane is major tail heavy and result on a crash at that cg ... pics below
      am I reading it wrong ....

I see there is a new CG that has been superimposed at 32 mm pics below .

Been back-and-forth with motion RC about this let me know any help would be greatly appreciated
      This is the updated CG from Motion.
      That is the CG I’m flying and works good. My set up is 12mm aileron and 28mm elevator 25% expo, High rates. Low rates less than high .
      Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the help.
        I was just checking because I flew mine by their recommended 4 mm CG and she was so tail heavy Did the bucking Bronco and flipped over and crashed..
        I have been back-and-forth with motion AKA Andrew over this situation and unfortunately they take no responsibility While posting the wrong CG in their manual I did glue her back together and flew at the new recommended 32 mm CG but won't be the same as you know once a plan is crash never flies like I shouldI have spent between 3 in $4000 with motion am only ask just for a fuselage replacement to no Avail they said it does not fall under their warranty guidelines..

Oh well ....

Comment

• The original cg measurements in the manual are correct, just very confusing for some to figure out.

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
            Thanks for the help.
            I was just checking because I flew mine by their recommended 4 mm CG and she was so tail heavy Did the bucking Bronco and flipped over and crashed..
            I have been back-and-forth with motion AKA Andrew over this situation and unfortunately they take no responsibility While posting the wrong CG in their manual I did glue her back together and flew at the new recommended 32 mm CG but won't be the same as you know once a plan is crash never flies like I shouldI have spent between 3 in $4000 with motion am only ask just for a fuselage replacement to no Avail they said it does not fall under their warranty guidelines..

Oh well ....
            Sorry to read about your crash. I hope you have some amazing flying in the future. The only thing I can say about MRC customer service is they care very much about your experiences. But some things are outside the warranty rules. I am sure if they could have helped you they would have.

I just had an left elevator servo die on my L39, but fortunately I caught it not working before take off. The servo is out of warranty (after 30 days) not a big deal at $8. however that would have been bad...

Hang in there
            Rich

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	4642E9E5-253A-434B-931D-B550FCC5D807.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	57.8 KB ID:	207071Click image for larger version  Name:	0E5E7F6B-E076-46DA-8D21-1F914DCCEADD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	207072Click image for larger version  Name:	09724AA8-36EF-4445-A9B6-6EABD48AB363.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	207073 I decided to add some lights to the F35. Not scale but looks nice. If anything just adding a landing light helps during approach.
              I used the V3 controlled, P38 light kit and lenses, landing light from my crashed T45 and strobe lens from crashed F18 .

Comment

• Hi all I Am going to change the deals etc to match the Australian markings has anyone had any success removing the current decals or will I just have to paint over them, I got some sample pots of paint mixed today at our major hardware chain and also got some water based Matt clear polyurethane as well to cover the whole plane as I Am finding that the paint is very venerable to hanger rash particularly with my 73 year old hands and fingers LOL

Comment

• I have added some fluro to the vertical stabs to help with visual , I have started on painting the spare set so that I can reproduce the RAAF scheme so these fluro ones will only be used for flying as they are so easy to change

Comment

• Since the weather has been bad lately and mostly bored I made some stands for the landing gear so I wouldnt get flat spots.

Comment

• Just a few F-35 photos.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                        Just a few F-35 photos.
                        Always such awesome shots Jeremy!

Comment

• I've had lots of problems to get the F-35 to take-off from my local grass airfield. It looks like the big belly intake hole acts like a vacuum cleaner while on the ground and it's way too big while in the air. Here's a 3DP part to improve the airflow in this area. Take-off distance from grass is now about 35m with this part installed, there is less potential for FOD and the sound is much 'cleaner'.
                          It needs to be glued to the EDF hatch. Anyone else out there to give it a try and report back here?

FW F-35 70mm NACA Duct Fairing.stl

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3089.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	207658Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3086.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.4 KB ID:	207659Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3088.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	207660
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3087.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	207657
                          ​ ​ ​

Comment

• I am making a similar cover using balsa as I also fly off a grass strip still to maiden my bird but should happen tomorrow

Comment

• Works pretty good!

Comment

• hey.... I like that one. So how can I get my hands on one ?

Comment

• I got my stuff on thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3695845

Comment

• Captain Moron RE spares pm me I have a link that may help

Comment

• L-39 cover added. Super easy if you do t have a 3d printed and it doesn't restrict the designed cheater.

Comment

• Sometimes a quick email to Callie can really add some flare to your F-35 #SunDowners Click image for larger version

Name:	67913259_10214620430046421_8659958209785626624_n.jpg
Views:	819
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	207886Click image for larger version

Name:	67559132_10214620430286427_7557065807092514816_n.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	207887Click image for larger version

Name:	67372888_10214620429726413_5457058276610932736_o.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	207888

Comment

• Hi "rsunleaded " Thanks for your help .I have now obtained all the spares from R C Castle .Got a discount and a they also added a little gift to my order .Can not fault them ,brilliant service

Comment

Working...
                                          X