Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a second real flight in today this little gem flys awesome! Trimmed her in and used the stabilizer. Gonna move the batt back on the next time out.

Comment

• Well the maiden didn't happen tried but I couldn't get it to lift off, our grass strip is very smooth and grass is cut very short , I was using a 5200 6s 10c that I use in my F3a pattern plane but ran out of runway which by the way is 100 mtrs long, I had a old 5000 . 40c pack which is a bit swollen but I couldn't get the canopy to close, model seems to have plenty of power with both battery's , I have the cg set at the front of those plastic bits on the wing.
      So I have ordered a new 5000 40>60c so will have to wait another week before I can try again

Comment

• CM glad I was Abel to help with the spares

Comment

• With a 5000mah battery, mine couldn't lift off the grass either.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsunleaded View Post
            Well the maiden didn't happen tried but I couldn't get it to lift off, our grass strip is very smooth and grass is cut very short , I was using a 5200 6s 10c that I use in my F3a pattern plane but ran out of runway which by the way is 100 mtrs long, I had a old 5000 . 40c pack which is a bit swollen but I couldn't get the canopy to close, model seems to have plenty of power with both battery's , I have the cg set at the front of those plastic bits on the wing.
            So I have ordered a new 5000 40>60c so will have to wait another week before I can try again
            I have found the larger 5000 6S packs do not allow the canopy to close because of the foam bracing inside. I had 2 Venom 5000 6S 30*C and the fit great with lots of power. Probably the 4000 packs are ideal size but I do not want to buy more batteries :) Sorry I do not fly off grass, but the 5000 pack needs to go back towards the tail to get the CG right (for me)

Here is the link to the Venom battery so you can see the measurements.

Rich

Attached Files

Comment

• At 4500ft mine struggled also today to get up into the air. With the bigger diameter wheels in the back it doesnt pogo hop as much on grass. Pushes the plane forward then rotate.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                With a 5000mah battery, mine couldn't lift off the grass either.
                I'm sorry, I checked my battery list for each plane and I was mistaken. I used a turnigy Heavy Duty 4000mah, 6s when I tried to get off the grass and couldn't do it. Mind you, the HD 4000 weighs the same as other 4500mah batteries. I can only fly this plane from GeoTex runway. I may try a 4000 Admiral next time I go to the grass field and see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsunleaded View Post
                  Well the maiden didn't happen tried but I couldn't get it to lift off, our grass strip is very smooth and grass is cut very short , I was using a 5200 6s 10c that I use in my F3a pattern plane but ran out of runway which by the way is 100 mtrs long, I had a old 5000 . 40c pack which is a bit swollen but I couldn't get the canopy to close, model seems to have plenty of power with both battery's , I have the cg set at the front of those plastic bits on the wing.
                  Did you try that with the stock cheater hole?

Comment

• I use 6s 4000 batteries and mine take of from our grass runway no problems

Comment

• Stuart has posted a great video showing a very easy mod to the nose gear to make the F35 get off the grass. check out the video and note the battery and placement.

Rich

Comment

• Radar G no I haven't but will remove my cover (easy) and try, rich I did see that post about putting in a spacer on the nose leg I will try the new battery first and then think about that I am also going to check if I can put some bigger wheels

Comment

• Pictures of my Custom Freewing F-35 v3 in Thunderbird scheme.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Comment

• An FPV guy showed up at the field I fly at, and made this short movie for me. So cool. Loving my F35.

picdeer.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, picdeer.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• mines flying great off grass runway. Admiral 6s 4500 40C. 4:30-5:00 flight time at 3.79/cell Click image for larger version

Name:	f35.jpg
Views:	864
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	208231

Comment

• I could not get mine to rotate off our grass field either. It did need to be mowed at the time. Plan on trying it again after our normal mow day. I was using a 4000 pac. The FreeWing Avanti and F22 both flew great off the same field. Of course they have larger wheels..

Comment

• Custom F-35 dressed in 388th FW, 34th Fs “Rude Rams” scheme. Also I added external pylons and added JDAM’s and AM-9’s.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• So what is the actual CG? I see people talking about different CGs and I'm honestly quite confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaFlyingSnek View Post
                                        So what is the actual CG? I see people talking about different CGs and I'm honestly quite confused.
                                        70mm F-35 Lightning II EDF V3 from Freewing - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FJ21612P Motion RC and Freewing are excited to announce our all-new 2019 F-35 Lightning II! To bring this model fully into the modern EDF era, we started from the ground up and redesigned a completely new mold for Freewing's most popular 70mm jet over

F-35 V3's proper Center of Gravity (CG) For the proper CG point refer to the photo at this link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f-35v3cg.jpg
Views:	839
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	208426

Comment

• [QUOTE=RichJ53;n208425]

70mm F-35 Lightning II EDF V3 from Freewing - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FJ21612P Motion RC and Freewing are excited to announce our all-new 2019 F-35 Lightning II! To bring this model fully into the modern EDF era, we started from the ground up and redesigned a completely new mold for Freewing's most popular 70mm jet over

F-35 V3's proper Center of Gravity (CG) For the proper CG point

Thank you very much! But I have seen that some say even at that point it becomes tail-heavy and can easily crash.

Comment

Working...
                                          X