• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• try it at that cg point flys fine!

Comment

• [QUOTE=DaFlyingSnek;n208427]
      Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

70mm F-35 Lightning II EDF V3 from Freewing - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FJ21612P Motion RC and Freewing are excited to announce our all-new 2019 F-35 Lightning II! To bring this model fully into the modern EDF era, we started from the ground up and redesigned a completely new mold for Freewing's most popular 70mm jet over

F-35 V3's proper Center of Gravity (CG) For the proper CG point

Thank you very much! But I have seen that some say even at that point it becomes tail-heavy and can easily crash.
      Not tail heavy at that CG, but you probably want to reduce aileron rates, for my flying, I like12mm for high rate. Once you get comfortable you can start moving the CG back. Some guys are flying it with the CG almost at the middle of the plastic plate.

Comment

• Absolutely loving the Freewing F-35 we have an awesome video of her flying on YouTube here is the link https://youtu.be/1rI1qLYJmNM subscribe if your new to the Boozers and hang out with me live every Sunday 8pm eastern time.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DaFlyingSnek;n208427]
          Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

70mm F-35 Lightning II EDF V3 from Freewing - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FJ21612P Motion RC and Freewing are excited to announce our all-new 2019 F-35 Lightning II! To bring this model fully into the modern EDF era, we started from the ground up and redesigned a completely new mold for Freewing's most popular 70mm jet over

F-35 V3's proper Center of Gravity (CG) For the proper CG point

Thank you very much! But I have seen that some say even at that point it becomes tail-heavy and can easily crash.
          sorry, I can speak on my personal experience then. I balanced my F35 to the information above and it works fine for me. Make sure you balance the plane right-side up with the landing gear down.
          hope this helps
          Rich.

Comment

• I just ordered the F-35 and I want to have elevons (stabilators, tailevators, whatever you call it) and flaperons, similarly to the full-scale F-35 I know what to do with the receiver but I don't know what the rates should be if I'm going to have both ailerons and elevons. By how much should I lower the rates on each?

Comment

• I'm looking to mod the front gear as Stewart did in his grass ops video. He claims to extend the strut by 10mm, but there's no way. The strut pin is not long enough. Anyone know which Freewing model has a longer pin, but the same dia ? Has anybody done the mod, and how did you do it ?

Comment

• Back in stock again

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                  I'm looking to mod the front gear as Stewart did in his grass ops video. He claims to extend the strut by 10mm, but there's no way. The strut pin is not long enough. Anyone know which Freewing model has a longer pin, but the same dia ? Has anybody done the mod, and how did you do it ?
                  I agree. I tried and even lowering the strut down to the end of the flat spot, I'm not getting more than a couple of mm and if you don't find a way to keep it there, each landing or bump in the ground will bump it back to where it started. I think the idea is to find a longer pin, grind a new flat and use a spacer, but is there enough space in the wheel well if the tire is 10mm further to the end of the compartment? I haven't looked closely enough.

Comment

• Good point. I'll have to look at that.

Comment

• Oh, and additionally, unless you have fairly well manicured grass, it won't matter how much you raise the nose or how high a rate you put on the elevator. It just can't get enough airspeed going to make the wings lift. It's like driving those little wheels through sticky goo. I only fly this plane and my F/A-18 after a fresh grass cut (and dried) or at the GeoTex runway.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        Oh, and additionally, unless you have fairly well manicured grass, it won't matter how much you raise the nose or how high a rate you put on the elevator. It just can't get enough airspeed going to make the wings lift. It's like driving those little wheels through sticky goo. I only fly this plane and my F/A-18 after a fresh grass cut (and dried) or at the GeoTex runway.
                        Maybe this one for the F22 would work?
                        https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...connecting-pin

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Maybe this one for the F22 would work?
                          The link you have is for the pin for the A-10. I actually have a couple of those but have not measured them to see if they are any longer than the F-35 one. They're buried in my huge pile of parts and I can't go search for them at the moment. Otherwise, I'd go and measure one and compare to the F-35. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

• Well, I worked it out. I found a spare pin from my stinger 90, and it fits the f35 trunion perfectly. And the length is just right. In fact it gives me more than I need because of the limit of the wheel well. I have it set up so the nose wheel is about a 32nd away from the wheel well in the retracted position. Works great, and wound up with 6mm total extension from stock. So there's no way that Stewart got 10mm without carving the well.

Comment

• Stock pin, and stinger 90 pin. I did have to grind another flat spot for the steering tiller.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Stock pin, and stinger 90 pin. I did have to grind another flat spot for the steering tiller.
                                Is it the steering tiller that prevents the pin and strut from getting pushed into the retract?

Comment

• Hey guys! I got in a nice couple of flights with my F-35 and I have to say that the more I fly this sexy jet, the more I like it!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    The link you have is for the pin for the A-10. I actually have a couple of those but have not measured them to see if they are any longer than the F-35 one. They're buried in my huge pile of parts and I can't go search for them at the moment. Otherwise, I'd go and measure one and compare to the F-35. Maybe tomorrow.
                                    Yes, one of the reasons I said to look at this one...…. because it is also used in the following Freewing/FlightLine RC aircraft
                                    • Freewing F/A-18C Hornet
                                    • Freewing 90mm F-22 Raptor
                                    • Freewing F-4D Phantom II
                                    • Freewing 80mm A-10
                                    • FlightLine RC F7F

Comment

• The stinger 90 pin is a perfect fit and length. I put a wheel collar between the strut and tiller arm and it works great. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190803_173844.jpg
Views:	1097
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	208873

Comment

The stinger 90 pin is a perfect fit and length. I put a wheel collar between the strut and tiller arm and it works great.
                                        Thanks for sharing your findings and solution.

Here is the link to the Stinger nose pin

Click image for larger version  Name:	freewing-stinger-90-nose-landing-gear-connecting-pin-motion-rc-26234755596_1024x1024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	208901

Comment

• Just got back from trying to fly the F-35 off a grass runway. I haven't lifted the front end yet, but moved the battery back a bit and used high rate on the elevator. And once again, this thing could not get off the ground. With 300 feet to work with, the plane just reached its terminal velocity on the grass and didn't go any faster. It got to that speed in about 50 feet. The grass simply offered too much resistance. Off GeoTex, no problem in less than 100 feet. I guess I'll only fly it there from now on.

Comment

Working...
                                          X