X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    U guys r lucky. We can only go out of house 4. Work. Food. Exersize. Or medical. If cops c u. $1600. Fine. U may b the right person to ask!!!! F35. Would b good as. A second edf. I have a me 262. Thanx
    I would try the F-16 first. The F-35 is pretty heavy and tends to be a little harder to land than most jets. It isn't hard to fly but landing can be a little daunting.
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Thanx have fun b safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        Yes, please, someone 3DP that helmet!

I'd need to move 10,000 to amortize the mold (not gonna happen), so 3DP is perfect for this kind of "Perfect Pilot" project
        I think the way to produce that pilot figure at an affordable cost in limited numbers to sell as an option for a kit is to obtain one of the new very low low cost SLA/DLP/LCD type liquid resin printers. I have access to one and it does a stunning job on things like pilot figures and tiny scale details. No visible build lines.

They can be had for for under 300 bucks, but the reviews are better on ones that cost a little more.

The one linked below goes for $650 bucks:

https://www.aniwaa.com/product/3d-pr.../nova3d-bene1/

We have

I have a model rocket buddy that is using this technology to print parts to sell for scale model rockets at very affordable prices.

I have access to a Formlabs Form 3 SLA type 3D printer.

Comment

• Freewing 70mm F-35 V3 got it's maiden flight in today. HOLLY SCARY!!!!!!! Rates set by the book & it was so crazy even on the low rates. As soon as i took off i knew i had to circle and land it had way to much movement in the aileron's. I also had the CG a little far forward which didn't help. Made my circle right back around and landed. Rough landing was to concentrated on not dumping it while lining up my landing it was to hard to slow down. Came in Hot and the front landing gear tweaked just a bit. (easy fix took 2 seconds)

Ailerons low rate was 60% I adjusted it down to 40%. I left the rudder & elevator low rate travel according to the book. I upped my aileron expo up to 30%. I adjusted the CG back slightly farther than book recommended. Using a 4000mah 60C 6S pack. After making these changes i took it out for the second flight. Much Much Much better control in low rates. And with the corrected CG it didn't want to tip out in the turns. Again had problems slowing this down and getting a solid landing. Took a small bounce as i flared just a bit too early. This time it loosened both rear struts.

Fixed the rear struts with a touch of the glue and went back out for the 3rd flight.

3rd flight really got to fly the plane feeling good with it in the air. It handles great has some really good speed for a 70mm. It's amazing how snappy this plane is in both speed & handling! After a good flight and really feeling good about this jet came in for landing. Still had trouble slowing down and again the landing gear came loose.

Got the jet home and have mixed up some good epoxy and have re-joined the landing gear mounts to the foam and tighened everything up. Things seem pretty solid now. Can't wait to get back out to the field and go again!

Great Jet!!! Would recommend to anyone that has EDF flight experience.

Comment

• Assuming they have the same engine (fw inrunner) which do you think would have better speed and vertical, mainly asking for comparison between 70mm F16 vs F35. And maybe look at the F104

Comment

• I don't have any personal experience with the F16 or F105. I can say i believe the F16 is about the same as the f35 as far as power and such, but like i said no real experience with the other two planes so it's hard to give you a good answer.

I can say i got 3 more flights in on my f35 today. With each flight i feel more and more confident with the plane. It fly's great once you get it setup to your liking. I would highly recommend the F35 to any pilot with jet / edf flight time.

Comment

• The F-16 is likely to be a little faster than the F-35 on the same power. Lower drag and less weight.

Comment

• I was able to get out Friday and maiden my new F-35. Also put first flights on my 90mm F-22 and my Luftwaffe T-33. The German T-33 is the donor airframe for my T-33 to P-80 conversion project. I wanted to fly it once as a camo T-33 before it goes under the knife.

Really enjoyed the first flight of the F-35. Other then needing to rate down the ailerons, all was perfect. It does like power on the approach. First landing was in a crosswind, but it handled it fairly well.

As mentioned previously, I have been slowly reworking this model towards a more accurate AF-01 representation. Gave the nozzle a tone down from the gold color. Only about half done.

The other two first flights went very well, also.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• tab28682 Congrats!!! Were you at Thunderbird for these flights? Happy Easter! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                      tab28682 Congrats!!! Were you at Thunderbird for these flights? Happy Easter! Jerry
                      Yes, indeed. It was a great day to fly last Friday

Comment

• Surface check!

Comment

• Hi guys,
                          Back about 5 years ago I got an invite(through where I worked) from Wright Patterson AFB to attend a briefing on the F-35 and fly their full cockpit simulator. To say the least I jumped at the chance. The Colonel giving the presentation was very cool. We watched a nice demonstration video showing the visual capabilities of the F-35. The pilots helmet is wired into the planes video system which has 11 external cameras that project a seamless video stream to the helmet. As the pilot looks around he does not see his own aircraft he sees everything, he can look down at his lap and see what is directly below him. Very cool indeed.
                          Flying the simulator was great, I took off from Las Vegas and encountered 2 Migs 50 miles out, licked on and fired 2 missiles downing the Migs. He then told me to fly around to see how it performs, I didn’t want to waste the experience I wanted to land the thing. I turned 180 deg and headed back to the airport. I overflow the airport and did a split S and landed on the same heading I took off from. Very cool experience.

BTW: I spent better than 10 years building fan and compressor rotors for the F-22 and F-35 for Pratt and Whitney.

Sorry for rambling!!

Comment

• Here's video from thursday afternoon's flight of my f35. I've only been flying RC Planes for about 4-5 weeks now so don't judge my harsh landing to bad.

Freewing F35 70mm EDF running on 6S 4000mah 60C Turnigy Heavy Duty packs.3 min flight timer that counts when above 20% throttle. Not the best landing I've h...

Comment

• Had the F35 out today. Got 6 great flights on it. Had all decent landings, was a great morning for flying.

Now i'm getting more and more flights on the F35 and starting to feel a lot more comfortable with it. I wanted to know if there are little tweaks and tricks to help get it to have a little more speed?

Thanks!!!!

I LOVE THIS JET!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drahcir View Post
                                Assuming they have the same engine (fw inrunner) which do you think would have better speed and vertical, mainly asking for comparison between 70mm F16 vs F35. And maybe look at the F104
                                I have the F16 and the F35 and the Hawk all with the same 2210kv inrunner. Radar speeds straight and level:

F35: 113mph
                                F16: 108mph
                                Hawk: 111mph

Comment

• Nice chart. I am kind of not surprised the f35 is slightly faster than the f16. Just the difference in wing layout between the two i think is where the speed is gained with the F35.

What did you use for your radar gun? I want to get one myself so I can start clocking my planes.

Comment

• I use a Bushnell radar gun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
                                      Had the F35 out today. Got 6 great flights on it. Had all decent landings, was a great morning for flying.

Now i'm getting more and more flights on the F35 and starting to feel a lot more comfortable with it. I wanted to know if there are little tweaks and tricks to help get it to have a little more speed?

Thanks!!!!

I LOVE THIS JET!
                                      Well, if you never calibrated the ESC, doing that could give you a little more speed. Or shifting the battery a tad more forward making it a bit more nose heavy could also do that (but will be tougher to slow down for landing)

Comment

• The F-35's layout gave us a bit of wiggle room to get "creative" with its flight envelope. More that we had initially projected, in fact, which was a nice surprise. An F-16 should be more slippery, but in the context of how these two 70mm birds are designed, the F-35 ended up being faster. Many factors contribute to this including the usual suspects of drag, ducting design, wingloading, lifting areas, etc. The result speaks for itself.

Waconut That sounds like quite an experience! I'd love to somehow do that one day. Likely will never happen, but stranger things have come to pass, so who knows.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• That's awesome! Thanks for the info Alpha.

Comment

Working...
                                          X