Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad luck drad .... as u say try try try

Comment

• thanx vex cg is as james and alpha... ye i like to roll them towards me.... makes wings look bigger hope 4 this weekend

Comment

• I have just changed out the Aileron Y harness and installed two new 30" extensions, so I can set up the F-35 with spoilerons as a few others have done to make the landings just a little bit slower. Running the two new servo extensions was a little bit tedious and took more time than I thought it would, but I believe it will be well worth they effort. Now to get it back together reprogram and get it ready to fly with spoilerons
        Click image for larger version

Name:	SP.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	260386

Comment

• Hi Folks. I'm hoping to maiden my F35 Friday or Saturday (event day). I plugged in a 97% charged LiPo and my Tx is at 85%. I'm using a Hitec Aurora 9 Tx and it's bound and I have servo control. I'm getting constant fast beeping from the ESC and I'm not sure why?

I tried full open and closed throttle to set the limits, but no dice. Any idea what the beeping means?

Comment

• Check the 3 wires going from the ESC to the motor. There might be a break in one of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              Check the 3 wires going from the ESC to the motor. There might be a break in one of those.
              Tx for the quick reply. I haven't flown much over the last few years and totally forgot about the throttle possibly being reversed ;) Good to go now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crick3t View Post

Yep!
                i changed mine to

Comment

• Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
                  I had the F35 out today doing some experimenting with flaperons & spoilerons. I had 4 total flights trying all sorts of mixes of flaperons/elevator & spoiler/elevator. With what I experienced today I can say that the F35 really likes the SPOILERONS!

Flaperons deployed at 30% with no elevator mix and the plane wanted to go nose down and head for the ground. I landed & added in 10% up elevator. The addition of the down elevator helped to keep the plane a lot more level. However this really didn't take out a lot of air speed or slow things down as much as i thought or would have liked. It also seemed to add a lot of wing rock when things did get slowed down.

Spoilerons deployed at 30% with no elevator mix and the plane wanted to climb hard. The nose instantly pitched up about 45% and the plane just started climbing and loosing speed. I landed an added in 10% down elevator. This helped but not enough. Landed added in another 5% of down elevator. Deployed the spoilerons in my test with the additional down elevator and it felt great. The plane slowed way down and seemed to be really stable. Didn't experience the wing rock like i did with the falperons. Spoilerons really lets you float this thing in for landing. It's hard not to make a good landing with this setup.

Hopefully in the next few days i'll get a little video showing my setup and how it works. I would recommend SPOILERONS for F35 to anyone that wants to slow it down and make some gorgeous landing!
                  I decided to do the same as you have done Crick3t I just finished up with the Duel Aileron Setup, and added in 20% spoilerons , and added 10% down elevator to start with to get this jet to land a little slower. I also changed out the sloppy white clevis's with ball links to get rid of the slop in the control surface, clevis connection. the day I test flew the F-35 I could see it rocking a little as if the wind was effecting it. After I test flew it I took it home flipped it upside down and found that the pins were not tight in the horns giving the Ailerons about 1/16" up and down changing over to the ball links took out this play and are solid now, can't wait to get it out and try the modifications I have made. Thank You for posting your findings. Now for some nice calm weather to check it out. P.S. I hope to be at the Fly in next week end in Billings will see you there if I can work it in
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	35linkage.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	260527

Comment

• I've started my C version rebuild. I got the fuselage yesterday and just transferred everything back in. I had to replace one servo that had stripped gears. I decided to go ahead and modify the nose gear while I was at it so I ordered an F-14's nose gear and cannibalized the lower portion that fit the F-35's nose strut. The wheels weigh a ton so I am going to swap them out for some lite weight ones. You can see the new wings under construction in the photo as well. I thought I would also add this information for anyone that might be wondering...the replacement fuselage comes with the rudder, elevator, and aileron wires already installed. There are no decals on the plane at all. Only the light grey painted lines and shapes are there as you can see in the photo.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6669.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.8 KB ID:	260930

Comment

• need a new user name crash will do ....maiden crash not flight ,,, f35 .. awsome takeoff easy peasy... about 100 meters out as it got faster and faster it got extremely violent wing rock .... a little blind sided it took to long to turn off the gyro....it wa good 4 or 5 hundred meters away real small...... we all no the next part ,,,,,, craaaashh i use detrum transmiter and sr86 receiver ye ye ...its what ive got... had no trouble so far.....i think most maiden with gyro off ???? and can the gyro sensitivety be adjusted ???? in short i think gyro was problem..... cg was as alpha said and throws by book with around 15 mm ailerons ps corsair gets a very small wing rock with gyro on thanx

Comment

• If possible, turn gyro ON after it gets in the air and still close to you and be ready to turn it OFF. Start with gains very low.

Comment

• i have seen the gains setting in the transmiter.. does lowering that slow down the gyro reaction or minimise the effect ?? and yep no gyro next time ..think glue and tape once i sort it new fuse .... thanx viper u r always around so much to learn

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                            i have seen the gains setting in the transmiter.. does lowering that slow down the gyro reaction or minimise the effect ?? and yep no gyro next time ..think glue and tape once i sort it new fuse .... thanx viper u r always around so much to learn
                            You can see the gain setting in the TX? Are you using a Spektrum 636 RX. That's the only RX I can think of where you can see AND change gains on the TX. With other gyros (Admiral, Lemon, HobbyEagle), you can have a master gain via the knob on the TX but the only visual you get is where the knob is dialed to. Dialing the knob to zero effectively turns the gyro OFF.
                            Lowering gain reduces the gyro compensation and can increase stick response. Too high of gain will increase gyro response (can result in oscillation) and can reduce stick response. Gyros are odd things. When they work, they work really well to help with wind buffeting but sometimes, it's a bit of journey to get them dialed in.

Comment

• their is only adjustment on the transmiter when u go into the gyro screen .... its a detrum or dynam 8ch u need to use detrum receivers its sr86 will change to spectrum when i can.......... to b honest i dont remember a signal loss ,,i am familiar with them now ...... except 4 the gyro setup

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                their is only adjustment on the transmiter when u go into the gyro screen .... its a detrum or dynam 8ch u need to use detrum receivers its sr86 will change to spectrum when i can.......... to b honest i dont remember a signal loss ,,i am familiar with them now ...... except 4 the gyro setup
                                I don't use detrum so this had been educational for me.

Comment

• Thanx viper. Cya

Comment

• What are the rates set at 60/80 was to high for ailerons maybe 25 on the rates and how much expo for the rates

Comment

• Anybody try tailerons with spoilers yet on eight channel?

Comment

• vinnie ailerons around 60 percent ,,15 mm travel and 30 percent expo ps anyone have a good travel figure in mm ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                                          Just thought I’d put this up

Click image for larger version

Name:	B15CEFB5-0A6E-4809-AEEC-B72760590750.jpeg
Views:	2573
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	194333
                                          A bit late, but do-it-yourself afterburner on mine:

Comment

Working...
                                          X