You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we put Inrunners in all 90mm jets?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Check out our New Airplanes section between both US and EU sites...I have been loading several "High Performance" versions of previously released jets. These all come with inrunners. I think it's a very good indication of where we are headed on this topic.

Excellent! That is great news. I'm looking forward to seeing most PNP EDF (70mm, 80mm, and 90mm) jets have inrunners .

I hope the next 80 and 90mm new jet releases get the inrunner power systems as standard.

Comment

• Glad to see that they are listening!! I am making my own versions of fans and all are going to be inrunners....
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Looks like the L39 is now standard with the inrunner!

I am liking the direction we are going!!!!

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
          Looks like the L39 is now standard with the inrunner!

I am liking the direction we are going!!!!

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp
          That is much more like it!! Now they need to remember to drop timing to low and it will be even better on the battery!
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• edited to correct model info:

Motionrc team, any chance we'll see an inrunner edf in latest 90mm Blue Angels F18 anytime soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Luqman Khan View Post
              Motionrc team, any chance we'll see an inrunner edf in 90mm F18 v3 anytime soon?
              To clarify, when you say "V3", do you mean a new version of the old 90mm F-18 Super Hornet V2 from nine years ago, or the new 90mm F-18 V1 from this summer?
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• hi Alpha, I meant the legacy model Blue Angels F-18 from this summer. For some reason I (wrongfully) thought it was referred to as v3.

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

To clarify, when you say "V3", do you mean a new version of the old 90mm F-18 Super Hornet V2 from nine years ago, or the new 90mm F-18 V1 from this summer?

Comment

• In runners seem to be much better to me for this application.

Comment

• I will be looking for a new EDF jet sometime this year to replace my Stinger90. I would pay a little more for a better performing plane for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crashcanuck1962 View Post
                      I will be looking for a new EDF jet sometime this year to replace my Stinger90. I would pay a little more for a better performing plane for sure.
                      Agreed! I am patiently waiting for an updated Stinger 90. New paint scheme, 6s inrunner for standard, and the 8s inrunner for a higher performance version. I would buy it immediately!!!!!!!!

Comment

Agreed! I am patiently waiting for an updated Stinger 90. New paint scheme, 6s inrunner for standard, and the 8s inrunner for a higher performance version. I would buy it immediately!!!!!!!!
                        Well the new Stinger 90 paint scheme is out, problem is I had to do it myself with some help from Callie. Don't wait patiently, it may never happen, so grab some paint and get to it. The stock paint scheme is horrible, in my opinion and was hard to see it's orientation when the throttle was at the firewall. I don't have that problem anymore. I still think the stock flies outstanding (just as well as my Avanti, only faster), but itching to put an inrunner in it. The afterburner should come standard on all jets!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191209_111743.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	236519

Name:	20191209_110536.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	236520

Name:	20191209_111425.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	236521

Name:	20191209_111514.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	236522
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Well the new Stinger 90 paint scheme is out, problem is I had to do it myself with some help from Callie. Don't wait patiently, it may never happen, so grab some paint and get to it. The stock paint scheme is horrible, in my opinion and was hard to see it's orientation when the throttle was at the firewall. I don't have that problem anymore. I still think the stock flies outstanding (just as well as my Avanti, only faster), but itching to put an inrunner in it. The afterburner should come standard on all jets!

Name:	20191209_111743.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	236519

Name:	20191209_110536.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	236520

Name:	20191209_111425.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	236521

Name:	20191209_111514.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	236522
                          Looks great! Unfortunately, that is one part of the hobby I just don't enjoy at all. I love seeing others' work but hate doing it myself.

Thankfully, there are plenty of other great sport jets on the market. But, I do think MRC and FW are missing the boat with the Stinger 90! A little refresh and update would do wonders for that plane and get it back being talked about again! If that ever happens, I'll be first in line for one. If not, I'll continue with the others I have.

MRC and FW seem to focus more on scale and less on sport each year that goes by though. So, it may just be wishful thinking really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Well the new Stinger 90 paint scheme is out, problem is I had to do it myself with some help from Callie. Don't wait patiently, it may never happen, so grab some paint and get to it. The stock paint scheme is horrible, in my opinion and was hard to see it's orientation when the throttle was at the firewall. I don't have that problem anymore. I still think the stock flies outstanding (just as well as my Avanti, only faster), but itching to put an inrunner in it. The afterburner should come standard on all jets.
                            Hugh, The colors you've chosen are the same as my Alma Mater, Woo-Hoo. I need to send you a couple WSU "WU Shock" Stickers for your markings. Well, or not, your paint scheme is gorgeous without mucking it up. Best, LB

Name:	image_50739.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	236525
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hugh, The colors you've chosen are the same as my Alma Mater, Woo-Hoo. I need to send you a couple WSU "WU Shock" Stickers for your markings. Well, or not, your paint scheme is gorgeous without mucking it up. Best, LB

Name:	image_50739.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	236525
                              Love the WU Shock stickers. Can we make the pilot for my Stinger in that. Get thee to the design! That's the last piece I need.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hey, Tom -

What would it take to get Freewing and/or Motion to start offering up the adapters needed for your fan rotors? You guys make nice stuff...but this proprietary fitment approach puts a terrible crimp into being able to use your fine parts on anything else. Is it really so important that only Freewing motors be enabled to turn a Freewing rotor?

It would be wonderful to be able to fit up your fans to Neu, or HET, or ARC, or Tenshock or Plettenberg or any other motor out there - without having to first buy another motor that has the adapter. Nothing wrong with Freewing motors.....but I think you well understand that it is in our nature, as modelers, to modify just about everything we put our hands on.

So. How about it? Freewing EDF adapters, available separately, as stand-alone replacement parts.

Comment

• Exactly, and I've also mentioned this many times, as well as other members have over the years. The proprietary attachment system is very irritating and limiting. Motion, please see if Freewing is willing to change this eventually.

Comment

• PikeStaff I'll look into this, guys. Personally I have a list of fun projects, this one included, that I think some of us would enjoy, but things like this usually come down to MOQ. We've developed specialty projects based on requests in the past that frankly didn't garner the turnout once they were released, which limits the appetite to embark on another. If we developed a series of adapters, I'd hope it casts a wide net of appeal, far beyond Plettenberg.

Steve Neu's motors are slick --Pike Staff don't you own stock in his life by now? You and Tumbler and the other hotrods
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                      ........I'll look into this, guys....
                                      And this ^^^ is why we all - your crew - are so truly devoted to you; a Man Of His Word. Integrity at the forefront.

Thank you, brother. While we all recognize there are limits many do not choose to approach, we do deeply appreciate your candor and efforts made. No one can ask for better than a fair shake - and you never fail to do exactly that.

Stay healthy and strong, amigo. For lots better reasons than business and models.

Comment

The new 1650kv outrunner would make this plane a monster!! My club president put a 9 blade 1750kv set up in his that I had balanced for him and man was the plane a rocket ship!! The 12 blade would suit it even better and they are incredibly cheap! But yes an inrunner with a 12 blade would be sweet as well!

Comment

• Just seeing this thread...
                                          Unequivocally yes! I’ve held back on many purchases because the reputation of the outrunner powered aircraft was lacking in performance.

When you buy an ARF+ then have to buy a stock 130amp ESC, THEN an 1835 inrunner setup, the price starts getting up there to fly an EDF with decent performance. Especially in the mountain states like here in Utah and Colorado.

Possibly a menu option to order both versions would be a good start. The 90mm Thunderbird is a great example. It is sold on rccastle with an inrunner option.

The inrunner really wakes up the F-16 and makes it fun to fly. The maiden on my first grey F-16 was just shy of terrifying with the outrunner lacking power and running the battery down in less than 3 min.

Regards
                                          Justin

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                          If we can put a inrunner in every 90mm Freewing PNP 6S jet and get more thrust and more flight time without any weight penalty, what would you guys think? This would include all new and all existing 90mm Freewing jets. Before you answer, there's a catch. If this is possible (need to do more investigation and testing), we think it will increase the cost around $20 to $30 per 90mm 6S PNP jet. I'd like to get some feedback about this from the HS community and the Motion RC customer family. Is an increase in performance and flight time worth this extra price in a 90mm jet? To achieve this price, we'd have to do some volume which means we'd have to completely dump the outrunner for all 90mm jets. I'd like to start a discussion and hear thoughts from the community. The more feedback I have, the better! Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                          X