Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we put Inrunners in all 90mm jets?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha. I’m a bit behind the curve on inrunners vs outrunners but I wanted to ask you a quick question. Just taken delivery of the 90mm F22 raptor, maiden yesterday which was superb. My hats off to you for designing this. I love it. What I’d like to know is if I could purchase a more efficient 90mm set up. Think the raptor comes with a outrunner Motor so I wondered if I changed that out for an Inrunner would I get more effieciency and longer flight time. I’m not looking for speed just something that will give a good 5 mins in the air with good throttle management rather than about 3ish with the current set up. If so could you point me to the right motor please. Thank you.

Comment

• I'm liking the direction on this one MRC. Not only do we get better performance but slightly better flight times, all for a negligible increase in cost. It will probably actually save me money down the road.

Currently my pattern has been to replace most of the stock offerings in 80mm and 90mm motors, regardless of cost, with something with more thrust (for 6S), if a (relatively) inexpensive and easily retrofit-able option exists. I don't see the point of the ARF Plus kits (to start as a base) given it typically costs more in the end once I get an ESC and motor vs. selling the stock power system, but yes that's a hassle.

The F-22 actually flies nicely on the stock 1750kv power system as long as you're conscious of energy management and not trying to string maneuvers together, but with the 1835kv HET in my opinion it flies even better and the verticals and acceleration now are really good, in comparison, for 6S power.

I like seeing the lightweight 9 bld inrunner option you guys are offering in the 90mms populate across the line. I'd love to see some real world performance numbers on it vs. the other options offered like the 1835kv HET with the 12-bld. I'm clearly not as knowledgeable as the guys designing the plane, so would like to understand the differences in speed, thrust, etc. in making buying decisions.

Comment

• Me thinks that the out runner systems are like driving mom's mustang

Looks great has a six ....

Nope I want an 8

For the new edf guy the outrunners are great

For rabid edf guys we say make them tens imof motion should sell ten cell systems

It's a hard call but one thing that bugs me in this hobby is pilots who use 20 cheapo receivers in 500 dollar jets crash and blame the blue box

Comment

• Yup don’t be a sissy lala !

Comment

• Curious:

How does your 12 blade 1835kV inrunner unit (expensive and heavy) compare with the new 1900kV 9 blade unit? I have the 1835V units in my Eurofighters.

Comment

• big shout out to Motion RC and Freewing for making the Inrunners standard!! That is the right move! The new 9 blade inrunner is the best set up that they have made to date! Keep at it!
              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
              X