X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Avios Mig 17 ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190726-195003001_1564185026310_001.png Views:	0 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	207870

Did Hk just do the HH F4 pre release teaser advertising trick in Model Aviation Magazine?

​​​​​​​

I was thinking the same thing. After I saw the ad, I went looking. Nowhere to be found. Hmmmmmm

Comment

There's a thread on it over on RCG. Will be a 90mm. It certainly looks nice but i'm pretty apprehensive. After the Avios/HK fiasco with the C-130 I would certainly not hold your breath for this to be available any time soon. That being said, maybe they learned from their mistakes. Personally, I won't come close to opening the pocket book until this has been out for a while. It's going to take a HUGE improvement for me to ever opt for a "V1" anything from Avios/HK after what I went through (and still going through) with the V1 Herc. This would certainly look nice flying around with a FW F-86 though!

Comment

Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
        There's a thread on it over on RCG. Will be a 90mm. It certainly looks nice but i'm pretty apprehensive. After the Avios/HK fiasco with the C-130 I would certainly not hold your breath for this to be available any time soon. That being said, maybe they learned from their mistakes. Personally, I won't come close to opening the pocket book until this has been out for a while. It's going to take a HUGE improvement for me to ever opt for a "V1" anything from Avios/HK after what I went through (and still going through) with the V1 Herc. This would certainly look nice flying around with a FW F-86 though!
        I agree about the Herc. The V1 quality control was horrible. The whole marketing plan for it was indeed a fiasco and I believe that was due to the quality control issues. I am quite happy with the V2 but had I "held my breath" for it, I could have been a back-up member of the "Blue Man Group". I'm hoping they learned from that marketing mistake and it looks like they may have learned from the quality control Gong Show after the Herc episode. Their Grumman Albatross has been nearly flawless, which came out a bit after the Herc. The BushMule has been very good as well, but they had the SkyMule to learn from with that one. Maybe this new Mig will benefit from all the "schooling", maybe not. Again, holding your breath may be a miserable way to anticipate it.

Comment

Comment

Get yours here! https://bit.ly/2YrDjqC
            Battery i used: https://bit.ly/2OkiHRn
            Radio I use IX12: https://amzn.to/2ykFXUF

Vids up, check this out!!

Second awesome flight

Maiden flight

Unboxing and assembly

Comment

Well now, it's in stock! Good job on that front for sure! Now lets see how it fairs in customers hands.

Comment

Price seems reasonable, for what it is. Liking the all metal retracts too.

Comment

Just pulled the trigger and at $350 seems a bit low so now it's a wait and see on quality... I only wished that MRC would have done one but maybe an F9F Panther or Cougar would make a great treat...

Comment

How did you get $350 my screen says $396 ? Is there a discount code? Looks very nice and a very smooth flier in the hands of John. Way nicer than ANY of todays "brute force and ignorance" jets ! Now how do I convince the lady of the house that I NEED this one ?

Comment

Ordered PNF one. I have extra units that I can upgrade too. Although I do have a 105 JP unit so may look at the possibilties. I may order the PNP also.

In regards to the question on convincing the wife. That's is a tricky one. Normally it's a tit for tat

Comment

Sure looks like a smooth flyer!

Comment

Mine is on its way. If the quality and performance is as good as my Albatross is I will be very satisfied customer --- the design and detail looked superb and the flying very locked in, viewing John's videos. Let's hope that Avios is now a permanent player in the same league as F/W and FMS for foam model design and quality.

Comment

Originally posted by killickb View Post
                            How did you get $350 my screen says $396 ? Is there a discount code? Looks very nice and a very smooth flier in the hands of John. Way nicer than ANY of todays "brute force and ignorance" jets ! Now how do I convince the lady of the house that I NEED this one ?
                            Mine says $384.17 from US warehouse and $337.40 from Global warehouse. We don't know which warehouse he's using.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              Mine says $384.17 from US warehouse and $337.40 from Global warehouse. We don't know which warehouse he's using.
                              Xviper, ordered from global with free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post

Xviper, ordered from global with free shipping.
                                Not a bad price with free shipping. I do like the way it flies in the video, however, JohnVH is a great pilot. He can make a flying manhole cover look good. I'd like to see what it looks like in the hands of an "intermeditate" (or more average) pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  Not a bad price with free shipping. I do like the way it flies in the video, however, JohnVH is a great pilot. He can make a flying manhole cover look good. I'd like to see what it looks like in the hands of an "intermeditate" (or more average) pilot.
                                  Don’t worry “average” pilots can make the best plane look bad

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Don’t worry “average” pilots can make the best plane look bad
                                    Oh, I know. I'm one of those. But at least, we can get an even "sampling".

Comment

how did anyone get one so soon anyway?

Comment

I don't think HobbyKing had a "pre-sale" on this plane, like they have for some of their other products. Once it's released, a customer in USA could get one within 2 days after ordering. Even for me, in Canada, I can get a HobbyKing plane from their Oregon warehouse in 3 days via FedEx Ground and from Global in less than a week.

Comment

Working...
                                        X