Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a flight that is not hat cam!! take a look...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Great job! I'll have a new video posted soon. I got a couple of flights in with the burner today!
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
        Great job! I'll have a new video posted soon. I got a couple of flights in with the burner today!
        Sweet!! Looking forward to seeing it!
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• OK here you go! This video was shot on Monday, we had what will probably be the last nice day until next April of May. Unfortunately Gooniac's afterburner didn't show up well in the daylight during the flight, partially because of the angle to the camera, but the video does include a shot on the ground which shows it off. This flight also includes "the sound" - my favorite thing to do with this plane is to make a high-speed dive and then cut the power - the result is a "compressor stall" that sounds TOTALLY cool, but is hard to get on the camera mike.... so here it is.

I also made a perfect landing - after trying and trying without a lot of success to get rid of the bounce, I finally did it. The solution for me was to mix in a little bit of up elevator with full flaps. I also increased the flap throw and replaced the original hard nose wheel with a soft foam one. Poof - problem solved, perfect landing!

Here is the proof! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJwzcAgt-JI
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I was hoping to fly mine today, but the build yesterday hit a snag...

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
              OK here you go! This video was shot on Monday, we had what will probably be the last nice day until next April of May. Unfortunately Gooniac's afterburner didn't show up well in the daylight during the flight, partially because of the angle to the camera, but the video does include a shot on the ground which shows it off. This flight also includes "the sound" - my favorite thing to do with this plane is to make a high-speed dive and then cut the power - the result is a "compressor stall" that sounds TOTALLY cool, but is hard to get on the camera mike.... so here it is.

I also made a perfect landing - after trying and trying without a lot of success to get rid of the bounce, I finally did it. The solution for me was to mix in a little bit of up elevator with full flaps. I also increased the flap throw and replaced the original hard nose wheel with a soft foam one. Poof - problem solved, perfect landing!

Here is the proof! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJwzcAgt-JI
              What I think stands out the most about this plane is the way it sounds!! It sounds awesome screaming past! Its a lot of fun to fly and my only issue with it is the tail being so easy to crunch with car doors etc...

Comment

• Happy to see a thread on the Avios Mig-17 over here on HS. I'm "done" with the thread on RCG -- every second or third post is from the same jack*** (yes, I mean that) who posts his new videos flying his Mig irresponsibly (the way that is causing, and will continue to cause, all kinds of issues by the FAA for law-abiding AMA member flyers).

That said, here's my Mig 17. I replaced all the servos with Freewing hybrid metal gear. The inner doors worked -- until they became intermittent and I decided not to fool with them any longer, as I could barely tell if the wheels were covered or not in flight. All wheels are Freewing replacements (F-4 Phantom). 3D printed cockpit and pilot. New color scheme -- BEHR flat latex uppers, Testors silver (spray can) lowers. I did my own grahics in CorelDraw, printed out for me, as always, by Callie. My pitot tubes are partly 3D printed (tips and wing-nubs) with plastic straw in-between, in case they snag.

My latest lipo is the one suggested by The RC Geek -- Roaring Top, 6s, 6250mAh. So far I'm very impressed. Vertical is virtually unlimited (when it gets too high to see, that's high enough, right?).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5830.JPG Views:	0 Size:	160.0 KB ID:	223581Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5831.JPG Views:	0 Size:	156.8 KB ID:	223579Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5778.JPG Views:	0 Size:	99.4 KB ID:	223578Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5774.JPG Views:	0 Size:	123.4 KB ID:	223577Click image for larger version  Name:	3020 Best Image Mig 17.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	223582Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled-11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	223583
                Attached Files

Comment

• MS, Bravo Zulu, Sir. It is inspiring to see talented modelers using 3DP, Corel, and whatever other tech is available to do such great work. Best as always, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• MrS, that cockpit looks terrific. Great job on that, and the rest of the plane! It really looks sharp.

Comment

• Nice I would do a Red Bull version

Comment

• MrS, that cockpit looks terrific. Great job on that, and the rest of the plane!
                        Thanks! I should have pointed out that I bought a file for the cockpit components -- he posted in the RCG thread and the price was modest. Took some time to print and paint them of course. The pilot file is a modified Max Gruder file (CGTrader) --I have purchased several of his pilot files are well worth the cost. In this case I used his jet pilot body, but a Luftwaffe (109) pilot head, as the North Vietnamese still used flying helmets in the 1960's. The O2 mask is a combination of sculpted spackle, plastic tubing, ans wound solder.

If anybody wants to pursue the cockpit files, I'll dig up the contact information.

Comment

• Nice I would do a Red Bull version
                          If I was going to do a civil version, I have long admired the Stoli showplane. In fact, years ago I started doing the graphics for it -- for a day or two I'd thought about faking that scheme on the UMX Mig 15.

Comment

• Stoli would be easy to see, that's for certain. I would also like to see someone do a Red Bull version someday.

Excellent cockpit detail, MrSmoothie!
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Apha! Hey, how's the 1700mm Mosquito coming along (heh heh).

If I ever do another Avios Mig, it'd have to be this scheme!

Click image for larger version

Name:	95-01.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	223756Click image for larger version

Name:	mig17stoli.jpg
Views:	796
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	223757

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post
                                Thanks Apha! Hey, how's the 1700mm Mosquito coming along (heh heh).

If I ever do another Avios Mig, it'd have to be this scheme!
                                Its a great scheme! I did that for my 3d printed MiG. Very visible in the sky.

Comment

• I meant to add some information on the 3D printed cockpit parts -- I purchased these files for a modest amount from
                                  Patrick Verlinden <pat.verlinden@telenet.be>

There are a number of parts, so I just took my time and printed one or two a day and basically made myself a kit. I think it's good to support young modelers who go to such trouble and hoping to make a bit of money to put back into their projects.

As I mentioned before, my pilot was made from combining and modifying Max Gruder designs found on CGTrader. If anybody is selling nicer pilot files than Max, I sure haven't seen them yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5773.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	224297Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5774.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	224298

Comment

• MrSmoothie, Your work is great, Sir. I have purchased a couple of Max Gruber's pilot file sets and his work is exceptional. Modding the prints is about as close as we're going to get to custom pilots in these smaller scales. Let's hope he'll continue to design as I'd like to see him do an "US Modern Jet Pilot". Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Soo Soo much Exciting new updates.....well well.....welll loook what we have here some Mig 17'ners!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I didnt know there was a thread for this jet on here :)

Here's my non-scale mig-15 paint job on the Avios. Honestly the way this jet flies still scares me a little lol, she is far from the heaviest EDF i own but for some reason just feels like she is throwing her weight around more.

Looks good in the air and in the hangar though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                                          I didnt know there was a thread for this jet on here :)

Here's my non-scale mig-15 paint job on the Avios. Honestly the way this jet flies still scares me a little lol, she is far from the heaviest EDF i own but for some reason just feels like she is throwing her weight around more.

Looks good in the air and in the hangar though.
                                          Its an awesome flying machine! Like that paint scheme!! Nice job!

Comment

Working...
                                          X