X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    Well it's true. The electronics are crap. 1 non working elevator servo. ..so replaced aileron and elevator. With fwing. Metal gear ..all good. Now esc sh?? Itself... So looking 4 replacement advice!!! 4 me motian is easy to buy from. Only in stock option ztw 125 amp gecko. Hoping u guys can guide me::: it has 100amp in it. Lastly. The difference. Between ubec or sbec
    Loved the look but components were junk, one flap servo died on the bench during setup and when the landing gear started retracting on it’s own I said goodbye

Comment

• It's a shame the landing gear are let down by the external controller and the door sequencer. Mechanically they are things of beauty.

Comment

I have an 80 amp hobbywing I think but to low amp I'm sure. Thanx 4 ya help again viper in short any good quality 100 amp
        Yes, that's a good route to take, however, if you ever decide to upgrade the fan/motor to something like what comes with some of the latest Freewing 90mm inrunners, you might want to check out the 130A ESCs that they use. Nevertheless, Freewing sells a very good 100A ESC with internal BEC. and it can sustain more than 100A in a "burst" situation for several seconds. I've transplanted one into my Freewing F-86 last week.
        I think you are wise to abandon the 80A stock ESC. I've read in another thread that when pushed, that system can push over 80A and the burst rate is not that much more.

Comment

• Regretting not getting one of these when released. Seems unlikely that they will ever be in stock in the US again.

Comment

• Plenty here in.ozz kit form maybe. Good choice. But looks the part 4 sure. I will bye. Fline f wing in future. Most not all would easily spend. A bi t more to not replace stuff B4 maiden. O well

Comment

• Comment

• Woops. Watin 4 my gecho 125 amp esc. Lockdown done with soon. Hope I don't need to program it. Will b new 4 me if so. Large squark team if I need help

Comment

• The HK Customer Service guy that posts on RC Groups said "be patient" and strongly implied more are coming to the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
                    The HK Customer Service guy that posts on RC Groups said "be patient" and strongly implied more are coming to the US.
                    That line never gets old!

Comment

• Where's my can of trust...

Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
                      The HK Customer Service guy that posts on RC Groups said "be patient" and strongly implied more are coming to the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        Where's my can of trust...

Certainly not holding my breath, especially these days, but I think there is a decent chance that he is being straight with us and they will.show up in stock here again.

Comment

• The thing is he only knows what he knows. And he only tells us what he wants to tell us.

That said mine is still flying and I'm still impressed with how well it flies.

Comment

• Fitted my new gecho esc Works a treat. Still learning about the electronic stuff. It is adjustable in voltage. What would req. A bolt change from the factory 5 volts. Just curious. Lastly. I thought. The rudder servo died. But it was the white box. So I have got rid of that and gone straight to the receiver any reason I should not do that?? Lockdown. Finished next week if no the sh??? Will hit the fan. So looking to maiden sooon

Comment

Fitted my new gecho esc Works a treat. Still learning about the electronic stuff. It is adjustable in voltage. What would req. A bolt change from the factory 5 volts. Just curious. Lastly. I thought. The rudder servo died. But it was the white box. So I have got rid of that and gone straight to the receiver any reason I should not do that?? Lockdown. Finished next week if no the sh??? Will hit the fan. So looking to maiden sooon
                              The adjustable voltage will be for the BEC (the voltage provided to the receiver, servos, retracts etc).

Unless you have a specific need, and are confident the equipment can take it (I wouldn't be when it comes to Avios electronics) I wouldnt change it.

Hang in there, fingers crossed they ease the restrictions soon!

Comment

• Thanx shaggers. So no need to b concerned plugging directly into receiver. Gear and gear doors all work thanx again

Comment

• Maiden done and dusted. Went well .. fair bit right aileron trim. And was a bit pitch sensetive. CG. Maybe. CG was 300 mm from leading edge. Flew well mayb too much travel??

Comment

• Sorry forgot. It looks awesome in the air and is easy to c

Comment

• Well, i have TWO of these Mig-17's both still new in box! Ive got too many planes and not enough room! Bought 2 because it was 50% off one weekend. Also bought the files to 3d print a detailed cockpit for them, plus bought some red stars from Callie. Maybe this summer i will get one flying🤷‍♂️🙂

Comment

• Originally posted by Builda View Post
                                        Well, i have TWO of these Mig-17's both still new in box! Ive got too many planes and not enough room! Bought 2 because it was 50% off one weekend. Also bought the files to 3d print a detailed cockpit for them, plus bought some red stars from Callie. Maybe this summer i will get one flying🤷‍♂️🙂
                                        Too bad you are in New Zealand - I would buy one from you!

Comment

Fitted my new gecho esc Works a treat. Still learning about the electronic stuff. It is adjustable in voltage. What would req. A bolt change from the factory 5 volts. Just curious. Lastly. I thought. The rudder servo died. But it was the white box. So I have got rid of that and gone straight to the receiver any reason I should not do that?? Lockdown. Finished next week if no the sh??? Will hit the fan. So looking to maiden sooon
                                          The traces on that box are super picky. It doesn't take much to fry it at all. It is mainly a Y connector so its not that big of a deal to bypass it. I ended up taking it out of mine since I didn't trust the fact that it is so easy to fry...
                                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X