Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I swapped out the stock motor fan combo for the new FW 90mm 9 blade inrunner set up. pretty pleased with the results! Feels better all around and battery is even happier than before! The speed increased and the climb is much better than before even though the plane is a tad heavier with the inrunner... Here are before and after videos.

Before change

After upgrade
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Some pix from the last time I flew it...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	0416A605-8684-4571-ADC3-7746A61BADA7.jpeg
Views:	566
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	290533Click image for larger version

Name:	E7C785E8-BF73-46F2-9A8F-E002918EA487.jpeg
Views:	550
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	290534Click image for larger version

Name:	2801DC51-88E8-4F87-BDD2-302640BAC54D.jpeg
Views:	551
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	290535Click image for larger version

Name:	A09CDA57-B423-4A38-9FFF-690D487D5C78.jpeg
Views:	544
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	290536Click image for larger version

Name:	24967267-101F-4580-A403-57DC2627BE47.jpeg
Views:	553
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	290537Click image for larger version

Name:	D92CE139-AF59-4285-9D1A-751D9381F3A1.jpeg
Views:	556
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	290538Click image for larger version

Name:	4F44E07A-6EF3-458E-97F0-22A18F412ACE.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	290539Click image for larger version

Name:	073DA187-544E-4CD6-9942-AD2543E30E98.jpeg
Views:	544
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	290540
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Also get to hobby king and get your spare parts!! The have stuff in stock now!!

Comment

• Flap servo sh!!! Itself now god the electronics r crap. Ive had less trouble with dynam stuff!!

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
            Flap servo sh!!! Itself now god the electronics r crap. Ive had less trouble with dynam stuff!!
            My flap servo died on the table while setting it up, not even one flight, junk, I sold it when the gear started retracting on its own (like on short final!)

Comment

• In reference to the Avios Mig-17 coming back into stock, again.....

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              The thing is he only knows what he knows. And he only tells us what he wants to tell us.

That said mine is still flying and I'm still impressed with how well it flies.
              Took a while, but the kits are back in stock, fulfilling the HK customer rep statement....:)

Just ordered one.

Comment

• And now buy some servos. But it flys well when i can i will put inrunner in also

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                  And now buy some servos. But it flys well when i can i will put inrunner in also
                  I have lots of spares already on hand to upgrade PnP models.

Comment

• I hope to b that smart as i go forward with my newish hobby ... Just been in shed last landing i had it really bounced hi off that front strut ..... So dissasemble me... Got some spings from bunnings u guys call lowes i think.... Its a hardware. ..... Way to hard on that front strut many bouncy talk on this thread. Very confident this will help. Loooottts. Not easy to get to the spring 4 the strut. Post pics but on my cell. Not the teck guy yet

Comment

• I wonder if he knows they are...

Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
                      In reference to the Avios Mig-17 coming back into stock, again.....

Took a while, but the kits are back in stock, fulfilling the HK customer rep statement....:)

Just ordered one.

Comment

• Mig-17 arrived this past Tuesday. No cosmetic damage from shipping or the factory, looks great except for that artic camo.

External quality was very nice, overall. Some minor overspray in a couple of spots. Canopy frame paint had several runs in it, but easy to fix when I do the repaint. Popped the canopy and repainted the cockpit gray, except for the instrument panel and glare shield. Picked up a suitable jet pilot figure at the LHS today.

Planning on making an origami card stock glare shield to paint black and install over the stock one to avoid extreme gatoring in the Texas sun.

Hope to test the electronics tomorrow.

Still debating the scheme for the repaint. Will be either a 1950s era Russian VVS four color camo of three greens and a sandy brown, or all silver, with Russian stars, with some airbrush weathering to match my MiG-21.

Comment

• They look good in the sandy colours i think.?. 4 me I changed aileron and elevator servos then in ground testing in my street ,, the esc and white box died,, b cautious with the electronics ..... flys well.... will put in runner in when I can

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	C1BE5392-C9AF-4A90-8BDE-A910998C7DC4.jpeg
Views:	1080
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	209647Click image for larger version

Name:	09374E1D-3A0E-4F77-99F4-5711D045D111.jpeg
Views:	1100
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	209644Click image for larger version

Name:	649F647D-A464-4D94-8321-9C131B18830D.jpeg
Views:	1070
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	209651 Well I made some really good progress on mine last night. Got the linkages all lined up as they should be and noticed that the rudder halves were going in separate directions. This could be what is causing the rolling on some of the planes. Be sure to check this stuff before tou get it flying. Yes you can trim it out but the plane will still handle funky this way. I had to bend mine but it was easy to do. I also had to remove a couple servos to get them centered properly since the linkages were not enough. Either way it got done. I also did my first coats of clear and really like how it came out! Will do a lil more work today which will include securing esc/wires, installing ec5 plug and ztw UBEC. Will hopefully have it ready for maiden this sunday... here are pix of what I did...
                            Yep, just got mine last week and the rudder halves do not match up. I tried forcing the top half to conform but it keeps popping back?

Comment

• Originally posted by DForbes View Post

Yep, just got mine last week and the rudder halves do not match up. I tried forcing the top half to conform but it keeps popping back?
                              You have to go beyond where it lines up and eventually it will stay in place. Mine hasn't moved since I made it right.

Comment

• This jet would look so cool in traditional metallic colors, retro finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

You have to go beyond where it lines up and eventually it will stay in place. Mine hasn't moved since I made it right.
                                  Yeah I forced it a bit and seems stable, will see once I maiden her if it stays.

Comment

• Anyone running theirs on 8S and if so what fan/esc combo are you using?

Comment

• I have most my planes on 8S but this one was good on the stock power. It gives it, to me, a nice scale flight envelope.

Comment

• Got bored, lockdown and crap weather, had some spare decals.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DForbes View Post
                                          Anyone running theirs on 8S and if so what fan/esc combo are you using?
                                          I swapped out the stock unit for the Freewing 90mm 9 blade inrunner and it made a good jump in performance! It climbs better, flies faster and is getting about the same flight times as before too... It is pretty cheap considering and you don't need to change the esc either! I just added a spare ubec to be safe...

Comment

Working...
                                          X