Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/20 Scale U-2R (3D Printed)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
      Sized for a 90-100mm, Getting to printing it shortly after I make some final scale tweaks to the model that I overlooked originally.
      Are you doing a thread on the Buckeye?

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Are you doing a thread on the Buckeye?

Mike
        There is one on rcgroups in the scratchbuilt edf section. Last updated in April, but will revive it in a few days

Comment

So, after a couple of years on and off on working with this model, I was finally able to get it printed and flew the maiden +1 today. I settled for Polymaker Polylight ASA. Using the supplied Gcodes, I modified the file for the print temps of 260 for the nozzle and 105 for the bed. Printed on a Prusa MK3S+ with a satin sheet and glue stick for first layer bonding. Turned out perfect. Only thing I done differently was used the Freewing F-22 High Performance 40A ESC from MotionRC. As for the EDF, turbines-rc.com still had a few at last check. Flight video at https://youtu.be/zUF-o2JcDuU

Comment

rlcamden, Bravo Zulu, Sir. Outstanding work. Good flight video, too. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
            X