X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New E-Flite 80mm F-18

WOW... E-Flite 80mm F-18 looks like a real winner!
    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

I was so excited, I forget to post the picture
    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

I just watched the promo video on the Horizon site. That's the best promo video I have ever seen on a new release by anyone.

Comment

To me it is fugly. That livery looks horrible in pictures and the mains look like plastic and metal. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with that jet.

Comment

I passed on the FW F-18. I like the livery on this one, to each their own. According to Jason the LG are all metal and heavy duty, designed just for this jet. Anyhow we'll see in a few weeks when it starts getting delivered.

Comment

I have yet to watch the video, but the static pictures of the F-18 look pretty good. Hard to get really geeked when I am more of a F-14 guy. The larger EDF offerings from E-Flite and FW are really impressive and makes me wish I had the skill and flying area suitable for them, however my wallet and wife are happy that I don't! When I think back a few years ago at how clunky the EDF's look compared to now, the improvements in scale and details are just awesome. I just hope the market and manufactures don't forget about those of us who love our vintage warbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
              To me it is fugly. That livery looks horrible in pictures and the mains look like plastic and metal. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with that jet.
              To me... it is way too short. Proportions do not look right and if you do the scale conversions on the dimensions... it is about 4" too short for it's wingspan. Picture attached compared to the FW F18. It just looks stubby like a Yak130!

I will say it sounds like they finally got FMS back to actually balancing fans because the two in the video sound great!

Also just ordered the FW B/A F18 just now. Can't freaking wait!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	F18s.png
Views:	2201
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	215532
              Attached Files

Comment

I love the landing gear! I wonder if those scale struts will fit on the Freewing?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

To me... it is way too short. Proportions do not look right and if you do the scale conversions on the dimensions... it is about 4" too short for it's wingspan. Picture attached compared to the FW F18. It just looks stubby like a Yak130!

I will say it sounds like they finally got FMS back to actually balancing fans because the two in the video sound great!

Also just ordered the FW B/A F18 just now. Can't freaking wait!!

Name:	F18s.png
Views:	2201
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	215532
                  I’d imagine that’s bc the D model just looks a little squatty in general.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Temp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.9 KB ID:	215546Click image for larger version  Name:	Tempa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	215547

Here's some pics of full size Hornets..............IMO it looks like EF got it closer to looking correct.

But then again the comparison is a C versus a D/E/F
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Name:	Temp.jpg
Views:	1838
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	215546Click image for larger version

Name:	Tempa.jpg
Views:	1845
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	215547

Here's some pics of full size Hornets..............IMO it looks like EF got it closer to looking correct.
                      Not to my eyes!

Comment

Those are Super Hornets you posted not Legacy.. they are larger overall than legacy models. As far as proportions I'm not sure tho.

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Name:	Temp.jpg
Views:	1838
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	215546Click image for larger version

Name:	Tempa.jpg
Views:	1845
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	215547

Comment

I didn't realize until a recent airshow how much different the Super Hornets were from the originals. I read today the last F/A-18C was retired, which I think falls on the anniversary of the last F-14 flight. If you are a Navy pilot, be happy when you wake up on October 5th and still have a plane to fly.

The Jolly Rogers scheme doesn't look too bad on that bug. Better on the Tomcat, but not too bad at all on the Hornet. That would be my first modification to the F-18 as the Jolly Rogers scheme has always been a favorite of mine. If I ever get a RC F-14, it will be in the high-vis 1979 Jolly Rogers colors.

Comment

Why does it not surprise me that Eflite had to come out with their very own Hornet after FW redid theirs. The one good thing about this airplane is that because its the F/A- 18D model it makes the best choice for those that want to make their own EA-18G Growler.

Name:	EA-18G Growler.jpg
Views:	1724
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	215568

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I guess it depends on what reference drawings they used for the model. Here is an overlay of their F-18 from the manual against a 3-view i found online. Seems almost spot on.

Comment

And for comparison, here is the Freewing Hornet.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                  I love the landing gear! I wonder if those scale struts will fit on the Freewing?
                                  The look of the gear is definitely nice.

Comment

The EA-18G is the EW version of the F/A-18E/F variants. This Eflite release s the “D” version. If you wanted to make a Growler version, the 70mm FMS F/A-18F would be a better platform.

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                    Why does it not surprise me that Eflite had to come out with their very own Hornet after FW redid theirs. The one good thing about this airplane is that because its the F/A- 18D model it makes the best choice for those that want to make their own EA-18G Growler.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EA-18G Growler.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	215568

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                      And for comparison, here is the Freewing Hornet.
                                      Why use two different reference drawings? The basic airframes C vs D are the same.

Comment

Good call. Here is a new one. Better to see the comparison now.

Comment

Working...
                                        X