X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
    I didn't realize until a recent airshow how much different the Super Hornets were from the originals. I read today the last F/A-18C was retired, which I think falls on the anniversary of the last F-14 flight. If you are a Navy pilot, be happy when you wake up on October 5th and still have a plane to fly.
    The last operational Navy legacy Hornets were retired earlier this year - https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...to-the-sunset/

But test and demonstration Hornets are still flying - the Blue Angels have not yet transitioned to the Super Hornet.

That's just the Navy - the Marine Corps and other countries such as Canada and Australia are still using them.

Comment

I'm interested in this E Flite F-18D. I've never bought one of their products before, does anyone know if they come clean without any decals or markings that you put on yourself? I'd like a different paint scheme to make up myself or Callie, although this one would be ok I guess if the plane really flies great.

Comment

Originally posted by davegee View Post
        I'm interested in this E Flite F-18D. I've never bought one of their products before, does anyone know if they come clean without any decals or markings that you put on yourself? I'd like a different paint scheme to make up myself or Callie, although this one would be ok I guess if the plane really flies great.
        They do not, all markings are applied at the factory. You'll have to do a repaint on it.

Comment

Am not sure ifthe one you are looking at has the Rx, but I bought a 64mm, and it is literally glued to the foam hidden in the nose. At least my edf, the foam is lighter, and feels full of air, and not a solid dense foam like Freewing or Hobbyking Durafly brand.

Comment

Originally posted by MrVoyagerx View Post
            Am not sure ifthe one you are looking at has the Rx, but I bought a 64mm, and it is literally glued to the foam hidden in the nose. At least my edf, the foam is lighter, and feels full of air, and not a solid dense foam like Freewing or Hobbyking Durafly brand.
            Are you responding in the right thread? I don't see any reference in this thread (about the new Eflite F-18) that relates to a Rx or where it's "hidden", nor is there any reference to a discussion about the foam quality.

Comment

The gentleman stated, I have never bought any of the Eflite products...!

And I said, sm not sure if yours has the rx included, but bla bla bla, giving him a heads up of what he can possibly expect of a Eflite product. He is asking about the markings, and my comments its related to him never owned one and what quality he will receive.

Yes, it is in the correct thread, maybe you cant tie two plus two of the conversation.

Comment

And I said, sm not sure if yours has the rx included, but bla bla bla, giving him a heads up of what he can possibly expect of a Eflite product. He is asking about the markings, and my comments its related to him never owned one and what quality he will receive.

Yes, it is in the correct thread, maybe you cant tie two plus two of the conversation.
                Perhaps if you learned how to quote and put your thoughts together more succinctly, there wouldn't be any confusion. You're not a very pleasant individual, are you? I'll be putting you on IGNORE. Your stuff is NOT worth reading, nor is your attitude worth tolerating.

Comment

"I'm interested in this E Flite F-18D. I've never bought one of their products before, does anyone know if they come clean without any decals or markings that you put on yourself? I'd like a different paint scheme to make up myself or Callie, although this one would be ok I guess if the plane really flies great."

No mention of the presence of the RX or how it was mounted. Or its weight. Or any comparison to Freewing or Durafly. Hmmmm.

But he did get an answer to the question as asked.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    Perhaps if you learned how to quote and put your thoughts together more succinctly, there wouldn't be any confusion. You're not a very pleasant individual, are you? I'll be putting you on IGNORE. Your stuff is NOT worth reading, nor is your attitude worth tolerating.
                    That's telling him! You're a man of professional principle. Not too many of you folks around anymore. Must be all that snow you got recently....lol...

Comment

Originally posted by AirHead View Post

That's telling him! You're a man of professional principle. Not too many of you folks around anymore. Must be all that snow you got recently....lol...
                      15" of snow in 2 days last week. It's mostly melted but it's coming back on Tuesday. Internet gets a little slow in the igloo when the snow's too thick.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        so dont, and do it. Its unfortunate it was not spoon fed to your understanding. I have nothing against you, and you seem to have a short fuse and thats a fact. All of a sudden you initiate a text war over some reply. I can keep goin, I'll just wait for your rwply or for admins to intervene.

Professional principle, OMG, lolz, over a rc E-flite comment. He mentioned, I have never had a E-flite product, no I did not answer his marking question, it was based on what he will expect over a E-flite product. Nobody asked you, you jumped in into it and got a response, you got a chip in your shoulder over nothing, short fuse thats a fact, and way over-thinking all of this drama.

Comment

I have the FMS F-18F in 70mm and its a great flying jet and it lands really sweet and tracks down the runway like an arrow. The only thing is you have to keep it close because of the all Grey scheme, I wish I had known that before I decaled the vertical stabs because. I would have painted them. I actually had to try several pairs of sun glasses to find which pair gave me the best vision for that particular jet.
                          My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

interesting direct connection setup on the full flying stab. and trim adjustment

and trim adjuster
                            Attached Files

Comment

from the manual
                              Attached Files

Comment

Got one coming to the shop on Monday. I'll try and get some pictures up soon after it arrives.

Mike
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

To me... it is way too short. Proportions do not look right and if you do the scale conversions on the dimensions... it is about 4" too short for it's wingspan. Picture attached compared to the FW F18. It just looks stubby like a Yak130!

I will say it sounds like they finally got FMS back to actually balancing fans because the two in the video sound great!

Also just ordered the FW B/A F18 just now. Can't freaking wait!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	F18s.png
Views:	2197
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	215532
                                  Since I am not a painter, I like the FW Blue Angel looks WAY better out of the box. I am not a hornet expert, so I am not positive with all of the ABC123 stuff, but I know the FW is a legacy hornet, but I am not sure about the EF one.

Comment

The D model is also a legacy hornet, just the trainer version. It looks disproportionate to the C model because the canopy is much larger making it appear stubbier. I think e-flite/fms did a nice job with this one.

Comment

It’s not necessarily a trainer. The Marines used the D model as a FastFAC. I have a good friend who flew the Delta and they had a squadron of Deltas that deployed to combat zones on a regular basis. I believe the model represented here, is one of those deployable squadrons. The training unit for the Marine F/A-18’s is VMFAT-101. He flew with VMFA(AW)-224 Bengals.

The reason I say that, is because some people aren’t interested in a “training” aircraft even though ithey could kill you just like any other aircraft. So if you say it’s a “Tip of the Spear” aircraft then more people might interested in it.

Just my opinion, of course.

Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
                                      The D model is also a legacy hornet, just the trainer version. It looks disproportionate to the C model because the canopy is much larger making it appear stubbier. I think e-flite/fms did a nice job with this one.

Comment

Plane looks awesome! For sure on my list of must have!!
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Pretty nice. Having issues uploading photos

Mike
                                          Attached Files
                                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Working...
                                          X