Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice touch and go video,thank goodness some positive comments on this jet,I was thinking I made a poor choice.

Comment

Evoman, is that a plastic one?

Comment

I put the first five flights on the Eflite F-18 80mm. The F-18 flies terrific, and has a wide speed envelope. Started with a C/G at 75mm and ended up moving the battery back well over 1” over the 5 flights. Takeoffs were no issue with some flap, and with full flaps landings were very smooth and easily controllable. Plenty of power, and the Hornet went through the aerobatic routine very smoothly. It does very nice four point rolls and looks good in the air. With an Admiral 6s 5000mah I had no problem getting a solid 4 minute flight. Eflite has a very nice handling jet that looks fantastic in the air with no bad characteristics I could find.
        Attached Files

Comment

John Bergsmith Thanks for your maiden report and CG confirmation! That's always helpful information. Nice picture, too.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I put 3 more flights on the Hornet yesterday. Great flying airplane, that looks great in the air. Landings are easy, and very scale looking as well. Very nice jet all around, Eflite did a solid job.

Only thing I need to do is add a weapons officer in the back seat. Not sure why they left him out.
            Attached Files

Comment

Don’t sweat it too much. An empty seat in the back is going to be the norm soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                Don’t sweat it too much. An empty seat in the back is going to be the norm soon enough.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ith-pilot-only
                I heard about that earlier this year. Don’t think that’s going to happen as fast as they think.

Comment

The Eflite F-4 didn’t come with a RIO which was sort of strange, but easily fixed.

Comment

Just finished a couple of weeks ago my second scale job on another one of my F-18D. She's nice and weathered in this one
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4763.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	226034

Name:	IMG_4764.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	226035

Name:	IMG_4765.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	226036

Name:	IMG_4768.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	226037

Name:	IMG_4776.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	226038

Name:	IMG_4751.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	226039

Comment

Very nice weathering work, Scale Master ! Subtle, thoughtful, really well done!
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                        Very nice weathering work, Scale Master ! Subtle, thoughtful, really well done!
                        Thanks Alpha!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scale Master View Post
                          Just finished a couple of weeks ago my second scale job on another one of my F-18D. She's nice and weathered in this one

Name:	IMG_4763.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	226034

Name:	IMG_4764.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	226035

Name:	IMG_4765.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	226036

Name:	IMG_4768.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	226037

Name:	IMG_4776.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	226038

Name:	IMG_4751.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	226039
                          Looks fantastic!

Comment

Man the bird above is gorgeous!! WOW!!

I have had mine for a while and love it! Just needed to make some changes to keep it in the air! A few people have has issues with the servos coming loose... so after replacing a bad servo I did a quick mod to help keep them in place...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Has anyone upgraded this to a 90mm fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
                                Has anyone upgraded this to a 90mm fan?
                                I just upgraded to the new FMS 2100kv fan. Drop in easy fit and perfectly balanced! I added a UBEC just to be safe but am using stock esc. The plane feels considerably better now!! Off the ground much faster, steeper climb and higher top speed!! Its simple and somewhat cheap considering too!
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I just upgraded to the new FMS 2100kv fan. Drop in easy fit and perfectly balanced! I added a UBEC just to be safe but am using stock esc. The plane feels considerably better now!! Off the ground much faster, steeper climb and higher top speed!! Its simple and somewhat cheap considering too!

I just put the fms 2100kv fan setup in my eflite f18 and exactly as gooniac33 said way better now. More power all around. Better takeoff, vertical, power, everything!

The 80$ doing the fms fan/motor swap is worth every penny. It's a totally different jet now!

Comment

Originally posted by Crick3t View Post

I just put the fms 2100kv fan setup in my eflite f18 and exactly as gooniac33 said way better now. More power all around. Better takeoff, vertical, power, everything!

The 80$ doing the fms fan/motor swap is worth every penny. It's a totally different jet now!
                                    Hi, Who did you order from?

Comment

Scale Master is that a skunk in the dog bed? BTW, outstanding looking livery. You sure earned your nickname with this one!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

Hi, Who did you order from?
                                        I was lucky enough to order direct from FMS before the shipping woes got in the way. I have more video from this past weekend and will share later

Comment

OK, read pretty much the whole thread and also watched Ryans setup vid. Hoping someone could validate the following setup.

I am thinking setup as follows?
                                          - RT 6S 4400 70C
                                          - CG at 90mm?
                                          - 4mm up Elevator from neutral?
                                          - 50% flaps (per manual) 10% Elev Mix?
                                          - 100% flaps (per manual) 15% Elev Mix?

Comment

Working...
                                          X