X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Did the SU have flaps? I agree with more channel receivers as I always separate steering. On this I would do the same as my F-18 or F-22 and put each surface on a separate channel with a 12ch receiver.

Depending on variant, flaperons, or combination flaps & flaperons.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
      This plane should have flaps. Impossible, because of the arbitrary 6 channel limit. limit
      If the directions are compatible, the gear and the flaps can share a channel with Y connectors. If the retracts can operate with a slew rate, slowed-down flaps are also possible.

Comment

It is on the E-Flite website today https://www.horizonhobby.com/airplan...ect-p-efl01050

Looks like there is a PNP model as well.

While not a Su-30 fan, I have to say the model looks very well detailed. I am still hoping for a twin EDF parkflyer or UMX F-14. The Freewing F-14 is just too much plane for me and I would be gutted stuffing into the ground. Besides my UMX A-10, the only EDF that I want is the F-14. Even if the wings don't move.

Comment

I was initially very interested in this plane but now that the price has been announced, I'm a bit restrained. It's priced just under the AL37 and for me, the 737 is more desirable as I've already got the Freewing SU-35. As such, the comparison of the FW 35 and the Eflite 30 compelled a more careful look. Both are within 20mm wingspan of each other. Both have a 12-bl fan, but the FW is 3048-2150kv motor (60A ESCs) and the EF is 2860-1850kv motor (80A ESCs). The FW is 2600g (flying weight) while the EF is 4380g. That might suggest the FW would have more grunt and perhaps a bit faster. The EF has newer and some would say "niftier" features (hidden elevator servo/rods) and rotating retracts with doors and airbrake. The FW has thrust vectoring. Being a newer model, the EF looks to be better build quality but that has the penalty of much higher price. For now, my SU-35 is dialed in and flies very well and still looks amazing zipping through the air.
          I think I'll wait till spring to see the private reviews and decide then.

Comment

I've been waffling over getting the su-35 for a while, knowing that the moment I buy it another flanker would be released.

I have a soft spot specifically with the 2-seater variants like the eflite, so like you I will be waiting it out a few months to see how people are liking it. Flying season is basically over for me so no rush with any new purchases for the next 4 months. likely would get one of the flankers next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
              I've been waffling over getting the su-35 for a while, knowing that the moment I buy it another flanker would be released.

I have a soft spot specifically with the 2-seater variants like the eflite, so like you I will be waiting it out a few months to see how people are liking it. Flying season is basically over for me so no rush with any new purchases for the next 4 months. likely would get one of the flankers next year.
              As for the flying season for this type of plane (requiring a clear runway), same here.
              Another comparison ............................ FW currently going out the door for $395.00US vs EF for $520.00US, both PNP.

Comment

This is fantastic! I'm digging the Flanker! I agree that it is quite pricey being around the $1,200AUD mark, but it's a lot of jet in my mind personally. I'm excited about this one. Awesome scheme they choose as well. The gear looks great especially with the landing lights, they did well to represent closely what is on the full size and not just use their generic lights that they have on pretty much all of their other models in the size. I think EFlite did a great job on this one and I can't wait for these to start landing in Aus.

Comment

Ordered the SU-30 and cannot wait for it to get here via Santa Express. It is great to have HH and MRC bringing out such wonderful planes for the hobby, although it is painful to the RC budget. Already moved the car out of the garage (Hangar) to make room for more so bring it on.....

Comment

Personally, I've been hoping for a UMX F-100 or BAE Hawk in Red Arrows livery.

Comment

I got a good look at this ship at the AMA convention this weekend. It is a good size and very nicely detailed. Great visible paint theme with one exception, they did not paint the foam white on the white areas and the raw foam looks really cheap compared to the smooth quality of the painted surfaces. Why would they cheap out like this for a close to $600 ship?

Comment

You can’t see the foam cells when it’s flying.

Comment

I agree!!! Hey E-flite and Horizon.... please please paint the white foam! :-) White!
                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

This is something that burns me up about E-flight, I need to have it real bad, and would paint the foam, but I would probably just not get it. Sport models, bare foam is OK in my books. But something like this with a near $600 price tag. No freaking way. I pretty much salute Flightline, and Freewing. I don't think they would ever do that, they have done it in the past, but have seen the light and the errors of their ways, and have ceased.

Best Regards
                            Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                              This is something that burns me up about E-flight, I need to have it real bad, and would paint the foam, but I would probably just not get it. Sport models, bare foam is OK in my books. But something like this with a near $600 price tag. No freaking way. I pretty much salute Flightline, and Freewing. I don't think they would ever do that, they have done it in the past, but have seen the light and the errors of their ways, and have ceased.

Best Regards
                              Woody
                              Amen! And Fred, yes you can't see the raw foam in the air... which is .00009th of the time you spend with this ship!

Comment

Still doesn’t bother me - that’s my opinion, just like yours.

Comment

For me, the thing with raw foam is that it easily picks up dirt and grime in the cells. The foam that is primed and painted doesn't do that. Plus, the painted surfaces have a different sheen than the raw foam.

Comment

Fred, have you actually seen the plane yet? Perhaps when you see it the $549 price tag might do it

Comment

I have several planes where the white portions are bare foam (e.g. Eflite Viper) - still doesn't bother me. Regarding dirt, if I have concerns about it getting into the foam cells, I'll just apply a coat or two of polyacrylic.

Comment

Just got a call from my local hobby store here in Burbank in heard the su- 30 will be arriving tomorrow in the us and be shipping out this week....

Comment

Well looks like their shipping out today as my cc just got dinged. Now waiting for FedX but cannot have until after xmas.

The wife said " I have spoken" oh where is a Madalorian when you need one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X