X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DForbes View Post

Very Cool!, do you clear paint your planes or is that just the camera?
    Received my AR7350 today. While removing the AR636 I noticed that the ailerons are on a "Y" extension. Just wondering how you approached that situation. I could go to the wing root and pull a separate extension through from each side. I could also separate the "Y" extension at the "Y" and install new 3-wire servo connectors. Not a lot of room to work if I take that route and installing servo connectors is fiddley at best, even in optimum conditions. Probably go with the first option. Regarding the AR7350, I can't get it to bind. Power voltage and polarity is correct, bind plug is properly installed and I have the remote receiver properly installed. I get nothing. No flashing lights of any sort, nothing. I had this issue with an AR9030T several years ago but realized I didn't have a remote receiver connected. Bound perfectly after I connected one. Anyway I still have recourse with the seller as it was listed as "new". Barring any satisfaction on that front I suppose I can turn to Horizon for help.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetdoc View Post
      Received my AR7350 today. While removing the AR636 I noticed that the ailerons are on a "Y" extension. Just wondering how you approached that situation. I could go to the wing root and pull a separate extension through from each side. I could also separate the "Y" extension at the "Y" and install new 3-wire servo connectors. Not a lot of room to work if I take that route and installing servo connectors is fiddley at best, even in optimum conditions. Probably go with the first option. Regarding the AR7350, I can't get it to bind. Power voltage and polarity is correct, bind plug is properly installed and I have the remote receiver properly installed. I get nothing. No flashing lights of any sort, nothing. I had this issue with an AR9030T several years ago but realized I didn't have a remote receiver connected. Bound perfectly after I connected one. Anyway I still have recourse with the seller as it was listed as "new". Barring any satisfaction on that front I suppose I can turn to Horizon for help.
      Hope this helps, but you need to double confirm everything I'm saying-I've set up flaperons on several jets and for some reason, I can never remember exactly what I did, so take this with a grain of salt. I also pulled out the AR 636 and replaced it with the AR7350 so I could use flaperons and the air brake on a 7th channel. The flaperons really help me get this hog off of grass!

Right Aileron into port 2, Left Aileron into port 6 (seem to remember removing the y-connector completely since they put the air brake in channel 6). When you program the AR7350, set wing to Flaperon, Tail Normal. In transmitter, set wing type to 1 aileron, 1 flap. In AR7350, you can set the Flight Mode switch to either Aux 1 (which will be tied to your flaps) or Aux 2, which will be tied to the air brake. I set it for Aux 1 so my gains changed when deploying flaps. The AR 636 had rate gains and some heading gains (along with the SAFE), but this is a personal preference, I don't like heading gain so only used rate gains (and no safe of course, you can't program that in to a "clean" AS3X receiver, at least I can't nor do I want it). I used, again personal preference, rate gains of 70/75/75 with flaps up and 75/80/85 with flaps deployed and a priority of 150 (use what you like though). The original AR636 program had something like 85/80/78 and 80/80/75 with priority of 170. They also had heading gains of 25% on Roll and Pitch only. As a starting point, I set the air brake in channel 7, Aux2, to a 3 position switch, switch C at 100/0/-100. The air brake though will only open/close going from 100 to -100 so my middle position on the switch gives no movement (I did this on purpose in case I hit the switch by mistake, in order to open the brake, I have to move the switch 2 positions, but you can use any 2 position switch as well, just use 100/-100). In the transmitter, I set my Flap System settings to position 0-Flaps up at 0 (remember, unlike dedicated flaps you can't go from 100 to -100, since they are also ailerons, they must start at 0, the mid point of the servo with the ailerons in neutral), the position 1-take-off flaps to 55% and position 2-landing flaps to 90%. If I remember, this gives a deflection of about 10mm and 17mm. You don't want to go too far on the flaps because you will over extend the aileron servos and loose some deflection for the ailerons.

Now as far as it not binding, that's a tough one. Did you put the satellite into the port marked B, which is on the left side in the middle (looking at it from behind where the servo leads plug in)? Also, you may need to step at least 6-8 feet away to get it to bind. Other than that, not sure why you're having a problem with it binding. As soon as you put the bind plug into channel 1 and power up the receiver, it should flash. If it doesn't, then something is wrong either with the power leads or the bind plug.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Yeah, the receiver is dead. I like to do the first binding "pure". LiFe powering the bus, remote r plugged into "B" or "L" port and bind plug installed. Light should flash in that configuration. I got nothing. So, I boxed it back up and arranged to return it. Next, I ordered a Lemon 10 channel receiver from RCJuice. MRC was out of the Admirals so I ordered the Lemon. Same thing. Ten channels will allow flaperons, elevons, separate speed brake and a separate channel for nosewheel steering.I'll fly it without AS3X or any other stabilization. On YouTube, Pilot Ryan's first Su-30 video is maidening a PNP version WITHOUT stabilization and it's on rails. I'm a bit old school and have never truly trusted AS3X in the first place. Also, in 35 years of RC experience the only receivers I've had fail at a constant rate are Spektrums. I've never had a failure of an Admiral or Lemon. Just sayin'.

Comment

Yeah, the receiver is dead. I like to do the first binding "pure". LiFe powering the bus, remote r plugged into "B" or "L" port and bind plug installed. Light should flash in that configuration. I got nothing. So, I boxed it back up and arranged to return it. Next, I ordered a Lemon 10 channel receiver from RCJuice. MRC was out of the Admirals so I ordered the Lemon. Same thing. Ten channels will allow flaperons, elevons, separate speed brake and a separate channel for nosewheel steering.I'll fly it without AS3X or any other stabilization. On YouTube, Pilot Ryan's first Su-30 video is maidening a PNP version WITHOUT stabilization and it's on rails. I'm a bit old school and have never truly trusted AS3X in the first place. Also, in 35 years of RC experience the only receivers I've had fail at a constant rate are Spektrums. I've never had a failure of an Admiral or Lemon. Just sayin'.
          I was the same way ("old school") but found out you're never too old to go back to school.
          I love the planes from Eflite that come with SAFE, except that this SU-30 won't let me put the SAFE on a switch (tried many times, just can't seem to make it work), so it flies only with AS3X - still works pretty darn good. Since you're going to put the Lemon 10-ch on this fairly expensive plane, I would suggest you consider putting a satellite RX on it as insurance. Make sure it's the same protocol. I know it's the newer DSMX/P protocol but I've lost signal with the previous DSM2 without a sat.

Comment

• Looking back at how this SU-30 flies compared to how my Freewing SU-35 flies, I find myself liking the way the 30 looks but prefer so much more how the 35 flies. It weighs so much less, so it feels much faster, more nimble and lands like a feather. Can't do much about the weight, but I think something can be done about the power. I'm thinking about putting a set of these into the SU-30. They would give the 30 about 4400g of thrust, just a little more than its flying weight. Might be fun to see what it'll do with the mod. Won't even need to change the ESCs.
            https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=6825

Edit: Further investigation indicates there is no point to switching to the 2300kv motors as they are outrunners. The stock 1850kv motors are inrunners. Both put out the same 4400g of thrust. If anyone asks which is "better" - innies or outties, here is one answer. Of course, we'd need to know about the pitch of the fan blades for any conclusions to be drawn.
            Last edited by xviper; Jul 1, 2020, 09:15 AM. Reason: New information.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              I was the same way ("old school") but found out you're never too old to go back to school.
              I love the planes from Eflite that come with SAFE, except that this SU-30 won't let me put the SAFE on a switch (tried many times, just can't seem to make it work), so it flies only with AS3X - still works pretty darn good. Since you're going to put the Lemon 10-ch on this fairly expensive plane, I would suggest you consider putting a satellite RX on it as insurance. Make sure it's the same protocol. I know it's the newer DSMX/P protocol but I've lost signal with the previous DSM2 without a sat.
              Definitely use a remote receiver. To each his (or her) own. I've lost planes at our field with Spektrum receivers but never with an Admiral or a Lemon. The MiG-21 in my avatar flies on an Admiral 10 channel with a Freewing 3 axis stabilizer. Really doesn't need stabilization so I will be removing it. Frankly, I'm kinda getting tired of Horizon selling us planes that supposedly can't be properly flown without AS3X or SAFE. I remember when manufacturers would try to sell their planes by telling us how easy they were to build and fly. Now HH tells us we can't fly theirs without all this electronic assistance? Huh? I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night! Anyway, I finished rewiring the Su-30 this morning. It now has separate receiver inputs for each aileron servo and each elevator servo. The next time she flies it will be with elevons, flaperons and no AS3X just as Comrade Sukhoi intended it to. I'll set up the mixes and throws based on a combination of the instruction manual, thirty-five years of RC experience and good old common sense. Stay tuned, things may get very exciting from here on out!

Comment

Definitely use a remote receiver. To each his (or her) own. I've lost planes at our field with Spektrum receivers but never with an Admiral or a Lemon. The MiG-21 in my avatar flies on an Admiral 10 channel with a Freewing 3 axis stabilizer. Really doesn't need stabilization so I will be removing it. Frankly, I'm kinda getting tired of Horizon selling us planes that supposedly can't be properly flown without AS3X or SAFE. I remember when manufacturers would try to sell their planes by telling us how easy they were to build and fly. Now HH tells us we can't fly theirs without all this electronic assistance? Huh? I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night! Anyway, I finished rewiring the Su-30 this morning. It now has separate receiver inputs for each aileron servo and each elevator servo. The next time she flies it will be with elevons, flaperons and no AS3X just as Comrade Sukhoi intended it to. I'll set up the mixes and throws based on a combination of the instruction manual, thirty-five years of RC experience and good old common sense. Stay tuned, things may get very exciting from here on out!
                Just the opposite Here. I have NEVER had any problems with Spektrum trans. or rec. The only thing I got from using Admiral receivers (the only three I have ever used) were three crashed Jets. Now all the future purchases of Free Wing or Flite line planes will have Spectrum rec. and control from my new IX 20 trans. I can't wait to start buying some of new receivers with the new Forward programming of the AS3X system. I really like the Air Speed indicators They have. I have one in my T-33 and plan on putting it in all my jets.

Comment

• WOW! Hook, line and sinker! I'm in the process of giving my Spektrum receivers away. Most of the guys around here won't take them. Same experience as I've had. On the other hand, I really like my iX12 but I've learned as with other things, never to load Spektrum updates when they come out. Usually, they will release an update to the update that fixes the problems caused by the first update. Now that I've figured that out I don't have any more problems with my transmitter. Good luck to you sir with your AS3X and all the rest of the bells and whistles HH serves up to you. I don't know what we did before we had lipos and telemetry to tell us if we still had enough voltage to remain airborne for "that last extra ten seconds". The few planes I have with stabilization can be adjusted with a screwdriver. The day that screwdriver needs an update I'll remove those stabilizers as well. I flew just fine before AS3X and SAFE, I'll fly just as well after they, and the high-dollar hardware that support them are long obsolete. Yes, the Su-30 is a wonderful flier. Overpriced perhaps but very nice. Yes, I have no problem trusting this "fairly expensive plane" to a $30 receiver. I have larger planes that are quite a bit more than "fairly expensive" flying well on the same receiver. I've also never had an Admiral or Lemon receiver "lose bind" like Spektrums are famous for. Never had one brownout either, for that matter. In fact, the only downside to the Su-30 is that HH didn't allow the FMS version to be released in the US. Wonder why? Hmmmm. Market monopolization? What would have been even better is if that airframe had been a Freewing product from MRC. You've probably figured out by now that I'm not a fan of HH. Their products are needlessly overcomplicated and proprietary. Their models and parts are way overpriced. Their plastic is brittle and cheap. They release new products then just about the time people buy them they suddenly stop production and the spare parts demand a premium. I bought the Su-30 for the simple reason that the airframe is my favorite jet fighter of all time. I'll let everyone know how the "remaiden" goes with flaperons and elevons. Based on the videos that show the good stability of the airframe without AS3X and my personal experience with the plane I have no doubt it will be uneventful. Thanks for the help and suggestions in any event.

Comment

WOW! Hook, line and sinker! I'm in the process of giving my Spektrum receivers away. Most of the guys around here won't take them. Same experience as I've had. On the other hand, I really like my iX12 but I've learned as with other things, never to load Spektrum updates when they come out. Usually, they will release an update to the update that fixes the problems caused by the first update. Now that I've figured that out I don't have any more problems with my transmitter. Good luck to you sir with your AS3X and all the rest of the bells and whistles HH serves up to you. I don't know what we did before we had lipos and telemetry to tell us if we still had enough voltage to remain airborne for "that last extra ten seconds". The few planes I have with stabilization can be adjusted with a screwdriver. The day that screwdriver needs an update I'll remove those stabilizers as well. I flew just fine before AS3X and SAFE, I'll fly just as well after they, and the high-dollar hardware that support them are long obsolete. Yes, the Su-30 is a wonderful flier. Overpriced perhaps but very nice. Yes, I have no problem trusting this "fairly expensive plane" to a $30 receiver. I have larger planes that are quite a bit more than "fairly expensive" flying well on the same receiver. I've also never had an Admiral or Lemon receiver "lose bind" like Spektrums are famous for. Never had one brownout either, for that matter. In fact, the only downside to the Su-30 is that HH didn't allow the FMS version to be released in the US. Wonder why? Hmmmm. Market monopolization? What would have been even better is if that airframe had been a Freewing product from MRC. You've probably figured out by now that I'm not a fan of HH. Their products are needlessly overcomplicated and proprietary. Their models and parts are way overpriced. Their plastic is brittle and cheap. They release new products then just about the time people buy them they suddenly stop production and the spare parts demand a premium. I bought the Su-30 for the simple reason that the airframe is my favorite jet fighter of all time. I'll let everyone know how the "remaiden" goes with flaperons and elevons. Based on the videos that show the good stability of the airframe without AS3X and my personal experience with the plane I have no doubt it will be uneventful. Thanks for the help and suggestions in any event.
                    You use what you want, say what you want. I have stated earlier The only problems I have ever had with any rec. came in the last 4 months and all three had admiral rec. In the last twenty years Flying all JR equipment Then Spectrum I have never lost a Plane to radio failure. I am not saying I have never banged up a plane, I have but when fling 3D close to the ground I have had a few accidents but none the were not easy to fix and flying again the next day I will never use admiral lemon's cheap rec. in any thing I Fly My 40% to my UMX's Good Luck to you too Sir I have over 2 dozen planes with AS3X and have never lost any of them. I just fly the crap out of them, then when I get tired of them I sell them cheap and get some thing new. Personally I would not own the IX12 a few people around here hate it and went back two the DX9 or a DX8 and some are waiting for the IX20
                    Happy flying and Have a Great 4th of July I have front row tickets to see Trump at Mount Rushmore on the 4th

Comment

• Let's remember to keep it civil folks. Wild Man I edited your post very slightly. This is a bicker-free forum community. Thank you for your understanding.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I just finished some extensive IR and power testing on various batteries that I have in several EDF's, including the SU-30. The post (actually 2 of them cause they are so long) is in the catagory of Batteries and the Topic is listed as LiPo Wars: Admiral vs RT/HRB/Hobbystar. I've been using the Roaring Top 5500 70C (at the suggestions here in this thread) on the SU-30 and my F-16, but frankly have been disappointed in flight times (like who isn't with EDF's). So I tried out the HRB 6000 50C and was pleasantly surprised that the actual tested C (and the power output) was virtually equal to the RT 5500, but had a little more capacity and cost only $84 ($36 less than the RT). So now I'm using the HRB's instead in those 2 jets and have, for the moment, mothballed the RT 5500's (I got 8 of those-anyone want to buy them off me at a discount?). Additionally, I got some of the HRB 8000 100C batteries (of course not actually 100C-they lie like the rest of them), but I was surprised at how well it did test, only slightly below the C (and very close in power) of both the RT and the HRB and with extra weight of only 80g. Of course, the $179 price tag is a slam in the wallet, but for extra flight time and virtually the same punch, I'm game!
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hello all,

I am at a crossroads here and looking for some advice. I have been flying the E-flite F-15 64mm for a few months and it is a breeze to fly. At this point in my EDF journey I want to step up to a bigger EDF. I have been eyeing the E-flite F-16 as my next jet, however, this SU-30 looks awesome. Basically I am torn which one to get. In my personal opinion, I have flown enough planes at this point that I could handle either plane. But, I do not want to spend a steep price for the SU-30 and it end up being too much for me to handle. Although looking at plenty of YouTube videos, it does not look like a plane that is out of my experience level. It is just hard sometimes where to spend your money. Because I could buy one of these now, but later on never be able to purchase the other due to other circumstances.

Any advice would help me a lot. Plus, I love hearing from everyone on this site. So much knowledge for me to absorb
                          Happy flying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cchrissyv1 View Post
                            Hello all,

I am at a crossroads here and looking for some advice. I have been flying the E-flite F-15 64mm for a few months and it is a breeze to fly. At this point in my EDF journey I want to step up to a bigger EDF. I have been eyeing the E-flite F-16 as my next jet, however, this SU-30 looks awesome. Basically I am torn which one to get. In my personal opinion, I have flown enough planes at this point that I could handle either plane. But, I do not want to spend a steep price for the SU-30 and it end up being too much for me to handle. Although looking at plenty of YouTube videos, it does not look like a plane that is out of my experience level. It is just hard sometimes where to spend your money. Because I could buy one of these now, but later on never be able to purchase the other due to other circumstances.

Any advice would help me a lot. Plus, I love hearing from everyone on this site. So much knowledge for me to absorb
                            Are you talking about the E-Flight 64mm F-16 or the E-Flight 70mm F-16 Thunderbird? Actually either won't make that much of a difference but the flight characteristics of the SU-30 are completely different from the 64mm or 70mm F-15 or F-16. The SU-30 is a big, heavy flying EDF. Take-off run will be much longer and it definitely will not "float" in flight or landing like the others. It's certainly not as agile as the smaller ones either and you can almost take a nap during a full high rate roll. You'll need to be very proficient at landing with the nose up meaning you'll need just the right speed and glide slope to accomplish that and it is not very forgiving or easy to make last minute corrections as the smaller one. You will also need to get a decent size 6S battery with a high C rating to get the most out of the inrunners, and if it is 5500 mah (minimum IMO) don't expect to get much more than 3 minutes of flight time. I would compare the difference between what you fly now and the SU-30 to that of driving a sports car versus and 18 wheeler! Now that I have most likely talked you out it, I say get the SU-30. It's big, bad and commands a nice presence in the air. I suspect you'd have more fun flying the others, but I always say Go Big or GO Home!
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Are you talking about the E-Flight 64mm F-16 or the E-Flight 70mm F-16 Thunderbird? Actually either won't make that much of a difference but the flight characteristics of the SU-30 are completely different from the 64mm or 70mm F-15 or F-16. The SU-30 is a big, heavy flying EDF. Take-off run will be much longer and it definitely will not "float" in flight or landing like the others. It's certainly not as agile as the smaller ones either and you can almost take a nap during a full high rate roll. You'll need to be very proficient at landing with the nose up meaning you'll need just the right speed and glide slope to accomplish that and it is not very forgiving or easy to make last minute corrections as the smaller one. You will also need to get a decent size 6S battery with a high C rating to get the most out of the inrunners, and if it is 5500 mah (minimum IMO) don't expect to get much more than 3 minutes of flight time. I would compare the difference between what you fly now and the SU-30 to that of driving a sports car versus and 18 wheeler! Now that I have most likely talked you out it, I say get the SU-30. It's big, bad and commands a nice presence in the air. I suspect you'd have more fun flying the others, but I always say Go Big or GO Home!
                              My apologies, I meant the E-flite 70mm F-16 Thunderbird as my next EDF. I have flown nothing but warbird taildraggers up to this point, plus the 64mm F-15 which I also hand launch.

I love your statement, GO big or GO home I just feel at this point in my pilot experience I need something to raise the stakes a bit and give me a new adrenaline rush. I do not think I can tolerate another 64mm EDF, they are too easy My next EDF has to be at least 70mm, and E-flite has come out with some great looking planes. This one has been on my radar aside from a few other EDF's that I feel could be just as good to have as my next one.

I just wish these awesome planes did not cost so much darn money...oh well!
                              Happy flying!

Comment

• There are a few Other E-Flite EDF's you might consider also. The 80 mm F-4 Phantom, or the F-18 Hornet are great flying EDF's in a BNF, or you can look at Motions, Free Wing line of EDF PNP 70 mm and 80 mm Jets they have a great line up too. The Largest EDF I have is the Free Wing Twin 80 mm A-10 Wart Hog. I also have the E-flite Twin 64 mm A10, One large parking lot we fly at is a little confined for the Twin 80 mm A-10, but I fly my smaller A-10 E-flite and all my 80 mm jets there

Comment

• Just finished setting up my Eflite Su-30 on the new Lemon 10 channel DSMX receiver and satellite receiver. I rewired the aileron and elevator servos so that I can have a separate dedicated channel for each. I've set it up to start for flaperons and dedicated elevator. To remove one step in the approach setup sequence I assigned the speedbrake to the same switch as the flaps. That allows it to deploy when I select full flaps down and restow when I go from mid flaps to flaps full up. Very cool. With the recommended aileron throws in the manual I have no overdrive of the aileron servos even in high rates. I plan to fly it Tuesday in this configuration. I'll eventually try elevons (tailerons in Spektrum-speak) with dedicated flaps. I've heard that it really flies closer to the full scale Su-27/30 in this configuration but we'll see. I'm giving up AS3X with my receiver choice and I'll let everyone know if it's as stable as Pilot Ryan claims without it. I can't wait. This is such a great airframe and I guess that's why so many different setups have been successful with it. Stay tuned..........

Comment

• After the test flight and noticing the slow roll right it has on High I can not wait to get the two new AR9350 Spectrum receivers, so I can put one in the SU-30, separate the ail. and elev. to incorporate Flaperons and elevons The added elevons to increase the roll rate. Test flew mine for the first two flights, I did get a video of the first flight. I should have my new IX20 the end of next week. I will be adding an Air Speed indicator in it too. She flies fine on my DX8 going out again later today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbrNzp66Buw

Comment

• Pilot Ryan was correct!!!!! Flew my Su-30 six times today with the Lemon 10 channel receiver w/satellite, flaperons NO STABILIZATION of any type, from grass uncut this week. The flaperons make a huge difference in takeoff roll and in landing speed/ rollout distance. Even with the uncut grass the flaperons reduced my takeoff roll by at least fifty feet (can't wait to try it with the grass cut!). Also I noticed very little difference between flying with AS3X and flying with no stabilization whatsoever. The winds were shifting to the point that on my last flight I took off left to right and had to land right to left. The plane was still hooked up nicely throughout all flight parameters. I did notice that full flap approaches took another notch of power than my previous no-flap landings. Each flight was four minutes with 3.75/cell left in the tank. Flaps needed zero elevator offset at any flap setting. What an honest airframe! I had plans to try elevons with dedicated wing flaps but the flaperon/ dedicated elevator accomplishes my purposes of a shorter takeoff distance just fine. I've been an A&P/ avionics mechanic with a major airline for thirty-eight years and believe in simplicity whenever possible and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I am very pleased with the end product of my experiment and love the plane even more than before. If you've wondered how the Eflite Su-30 would behave without stabilization, wonder no more. It's amazing! Oh, and Pilot Ryan was correct!!!!!

Comment

Each flight was four minutes with 3.75/cell left in the tank.
                                        jetdoc Welcome to the SU-30 club, way to go on the maiden. I fly mine on grass as well and the flaperons make a big difference for me on take-off as well. Just curious, what battery are you using to get the four minutes. I've been using the RT 5500 70C and generally have to come in just under 3:30.
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

jetdoc Welcome to the SU-30 club, way to go on the maiden. I fly mine on grass as well and the flaperons make a big difference for me on take-off as well. Just curious, what battery are you using to get the four minutes. I've been using the RT 5500 70C and generally have to come in just under 3:30.
                                          Thanks! But, just to clarify, this was a remaiden after I replaced the stock AR636 receiver with a Lemon 10 channel/ with satellite. I'm flying with the HRB 6s 6000 50c fully aft in the battery compartment. I have my RCGeek miniburners set to light off around 65% and I'm usually cruising around just below them lighting up. I use more power for vertical and aerobatics, of course, but I really like to fly around fairly scale most of the time. In my experience with edf's there is very little actual performance difference between 80% power and 100% power. Just more noise and battery drain. I've never tried the Roaring Tops but I've read a lot of good things about them in the posts. I buy the HRB's because they're reasonably priced on Amazon and they stay tight and deliver consistent performance. I used to puff a lot of lipos until I began storing them at 50% (3.85v/cell) religiously. I haven't had one of any brand puff since then.

Comment

Working...
                                          X