Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A-7 Corsair

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-7 Corsair

Was just wondering if there has been or will be plans to produce the A-7 Corsair jet. I have been looking for one?

Originally posted by Fcford View Post
    Was just wondering if there has been or will be plans to produce the A-7 Corsair jet. I have been looking for one?
    Fcford Welcome to Hobby Squawk! What size and format are you looking for? Small parkflyer, larger EDF, composite, etc?
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Looking for may be a 90mm or larger EDF
      i also like the Freewing F-8 crusader but wish they had it in a larger scale

Comment

I would like an 80 or 90mm Freewing, if anyone is interested.

W

Comment

I have a J Power A-7 I bought from the old Hobby Lobby company. Haven’t flown in years.

Comment

I would like an 80mm Freewing A-7 at the Freewing A-4 Skyhawk price point. 90mm would work, too.

By the way, Chris Wolfe, The RC Geek, won Grand National Champion a few weeks ago at the 2019 Scale Masters Championships with his EDF JHH A-7.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
              I have a J Power A-7 I bought from the old Hobby Lobby company. Haven’t flown in years.

Comment

Didn’t know hobby lobby sold rc stuff

Comment

Didn’t know hobby lobby sold rc stuff
                  There used to be a really good mail order store called Hobby Lobby, no connection with the lame Hobby Lobby stores that exist now (at least I don't think they were related)

Comment

I asked a sales rep with freewing about the producing a A-7. Guess there’s no plans for that plane. Maybe if enough of us bug them about it maybe they would look into it

Comment

I asked a sales rep with freewing about the producing a A-7. Guess there’s no plans for that plane. Maybe if enough of us bug them about it maybe they would look into it
                      Curious as to whom you perceived was a Freewing "sales rep" because the only true authority regarding a question of that nature is Alpha (the first person to respond to your post and welcome you)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well not freewing but Motion RC sorry for the confusion

Comment

An 80mm A-7 would be cool. I would imagine designing landing gear that doesn't block a lot of air flow through the plane might be an engineering challenge.

When I was a young solder going to AIT, Air Defense Missile School at Ft. Bliss we would train by tracking an A-7 that would spend an hour or so each day just flying around the training area. Heat seeking Chaparral and Redeye missiles and radar aimed and Vulcan cannons would practice following that plane. We were told it was flown by a retired or semi retired Air Force Col. that flew this detail just for the fun of it.

Comment

Well not freewing but Motion RC sorry for the confusion
                            It's all well and good, we're sort of one and the same these days, anyway.

To answer your clarified question, we (Motion RC and Freewing) don't have a clear plan to develop a large size A-7 at this time. Speaking of Chris Wolfe and Jet Hangar Hobbies (his and his father's business), I have seen his A-7 firsthand, and also owned one of his A-7 kits years back with a Wren 44 and later a Wemo before the ducting mod. You're right, it's a unique aircraft and Chris flies his extremely well! I think the F-8 and A-7 would be well suited for a larger foam size due to constraints involving both the ducting and the undercarriage that make smaller sizes impractical. The argument could also be made that there are other "bass mouthed" aircraft, which all share the same challenge as the A-7 of routing air from the nose through the entire length of the fuselage, which would probably attract a wider buying audience to amortize the massive investment these models require. Ultimately, as I've mentioned before elswhere, the executive decision often boils down to a financial one, and unfortunately so far I haven't seen a few thousand hands raised for an A-7. Time will tell. There's no rush. We'll be around for a while.

In the meantime, if you did want to tackle Chris Wolfe's JHH A-7 ARF, I couldn't recommend it highly enough. It's well worth the effort to build, and as shown by Chris' example, has the potential to become a show stopping model. JHH's fiberglass work is also top notch. Watch the yaw on takeoff, be mindful of mains/belly clearance on grass, and otherwise it's a smooth performer.

Comment

I’m raising my hand for a FW/MRC A-7. The JHH A-7 is discontinued according to their website.

Comment

JHH's A-7 I no longer available, and not going to be further produced. according to JHH. FYI

Comment

Surprised there isn't one. There are a ton of former A-7 pilots floating around, and I gotta bet many are into RC in their older age. They're very loyal to that airplane.

Comment

Get it while you can:

A7 corsair jet hanger hobbies - RC Groups

Sean

Comment

I'd bite on that if I [literally] wasn't on the other side of the world. Good luck to the seller!

Comment

Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
                                        Get it while you can:

A7 corsair jet hanger hobbies - RC Groups

Sean
                                        I posted on his thread and sent him an email. No response. I'd love to get my hands on that kit depending on what's all included. I've seen Chris fly his many times and I drool every time it flies. Of course, I'd stick a turbine in it.
                                        Pat

Comment

Working...
                                        X