Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got one that's about 75% built with a 120mm EDF I might be talked out of.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190318_231003837_iOS.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	218796
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190318_231003837_iOS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	218796
      Nice plane George, Although I doubt seriously you would part with it. Looks like you've done a beautiful job on it. I would ask how much, but since I retired from the Navy my recreational cash has become quite thin. I'm still trying to scrape up the bucks to get the AL-39, which I really want.

Don't worry about me too much though, I'm being reactivated on Tuesday. I got a really good deal, I actually can't believe it to be honest. But a very, very high ranking guy really wanted me back. I'm a little nervous to be honest. But at least for the time I might have the spare cash to invest in a few more planes.

Just wanted to tell ya, real pretty plane.

Best Regards
      Woody

Comment

Damn George................where ya finding these unique hard to find models
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I remember the Tacos lining up their A7s on the runway and raoring off just about every time I flew out of Albuquerque. I miss our Tacos

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
            Damn George................where ya finding these unique hard to find models
            He must be colluding with Robert Petrincic 😂

Comment

I saw Chris Wolf's A7 at the AMA show, in Pomona CA. Amazing looking jet, and a very nice person as well. His after burners are very impressive as well. I should know, I have 9 of them.
              I am a jet hoarder and can't wait for MRC or Freewing to come up with a 90mm version. I think its one of the coolest looking jets ever made. Coincidentally, someone brought the small 64mm F8 Crusader to the Apollo XI field last Saturday, and it sparked a conversation between two guys, which grew to a heated discussion between 10 to 12 people. I guess there is more interest in a bigger version of this jet than MRC or Freewing is aware of. I for one know dozens of people at my field that have expressed interest in this jet, one time or another. I think it is just a matter of time before some of the leading RC manufacturers will pick up the task of making one, and other copy cats will follow suit when they see the sales potential. I am sure most of us in the hobby are tired of seeing another F16 or F18 debut at some RC event. Please! be original and come up with something original. I agree with Alpha's explanation of the business model of the RC world and proper research is key to deciding what jet to build. To this day I have yet to see that take place. Forums should also post manufacturer's intentions of building a certain model and analyze the response from their customers. In reality, we see the complete opposite. I guess they are afraid of other RC manufacturers of beating them to the punch and coming up with a comparable model. Most quality RC manufacturers have a loyal customer base , ie. Freewing, and if another manufacturer , ie Dynam, came up with a similar product, then I am sure Freewing would come out on top. In my opinion the secrecy is not justified. Just ask us in these forums and we will tell you ahead of time, if we will buy your product or not. Simple!

Comment

There are so many cool jets out there. Just keep them coming and improving the product with every new release. I'm partial to the f8 but just about any military jet would be cool

Comment

There are some good stories about the A7 I only see wolfs A7 on YouTube that brought back memories. When I was young my father took me to an air show at Andrews Air Force bade in Maryland and seen the A7 up close and loved that plane every scene. That Is a nice plane and George you a good job. I know to get one know I’ll have to work a lot of overtime

Comment

Hmm. Love the Corsair. Should I draw one up in Solidworks? Built up or hot-wire cut, balsa or 6mm foam & CF? I've been on a design tear with a little A-4 Skyhawk that I want to power with the E-Flite 180BL EDF. I'm making it entirely out of meat packing tray foam...

Comment

Comment

Always been found of the A-7. Remember having built a model of it when I was younger and using it as my toy airplane. Then seeing it up close and in person while spending my summers, at the time Rickenbacker, in Ohio with my brother. Would like a 1/8 scale epo version to try to convert to a K version.

*(not my model nor pics)

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190318_231003837_iOS.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	218796
                          Nice how could I talk you out of it what's your price?

Comment

Bucket list jet! Click image for larger version

Name:	4450st_Tactical_Squadron_A-7D_Corsair_II_70-0982.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	226026

Comment

I have a JHH A-7 I would sale ;)
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by Fcford View Post

Nice how could I talk you out of it what's your price?
                                Shipping would be the problem.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Any new thoughts on a Freewing A-7? I would buy one in a heartbeat. Grew up around them and F-14s, dad was a maintenance officer for both. I’m loving the Freewing F-14, need another navy jet!!

Comment

I worked on A-7D/Ks for 12 years (1980/92) @ the 180th TFG Toledo OH. Here is a pict of my JHH A-7 done in the commanders colors. I later sold this model to a gentleman in Chicago Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	283219

Comment

Love it, I would purchase one if it was a big 90mm .

Comment

It was a 120mm fan. and about as big as the FW F-22.
                                        Dick Driftmyer CMSgt USAF Retired

Comment

Working...
                                        X