X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

That glide was insane and 7 1/2 minutes with an EDF is great! What makes it so efficient I wonder? Is it the new EDF unit?
    Hi ! That 9 blades combined with the inrunner motor are very efficients and the airframe too !!! 🤩🤩🤩🍾 with 5000mah mix flights were between 5min30 and 6min30 🤪

Comment

• Callie will be working a Ace Maker II scheme for mine. Because of the influx of request, 4-5 week turn on orders is to be expected. Great work takes more time!!!!

Comment

• A solid air defensw gray would give eveyone a good base for the many AF schemes. Over the years many units had these great old jets. Remember spin, spark, spray!

Comment

• I've been hoping for a long time MRC would come out with a T-33. When I was a little kid, a family friend stationed at the Pentagon used to take cross country flights in a T-33 for the weekend in Denver. When we took him back to (then) Buckley ANG base on Sunday mornings, he would let my sister and me get into the cockpit, helmets on, and then they'd close the canopy! Experiences like that inspired me to make a career in aviation. I don't think they'd let civilian kids do that today, sitting on live ejection seats! Lots of great nostalgia for me, I think the paint scheme was somewhat similar to the model, at least I remember some dayglo orange on the wingtanks, possibly the tail, too. Didn't take any pics, unfortunately.

Comment

• I know NavAir policy doesn't allow civilians to sit in live ejection seats unless they've been qualified to do so. Primarily due to this tragic incident.

Originally posted by davegee View Post
            I've been hoping for a long time MRC would come out with a T-33. When I was a little kid, a family friend stationed at the Pentagon used to take cross country flights in a T-33 for the weekend in Denver. When we took him back to (then) Buckley ANG base on Sunday mornings, he would let my sister and me get into the cockpit, helmets on, and then they'd close the canopy! Experiences like that inspired me to make a career in aviation. I don't think they'd let civilian kids do that today, sitting on live ejection seats! Lots of great nostalgia for me, I think the paint scheme was somewhat similar to the model, at least I remember some dayglo orange on the wingtanks, possibly the tail, too. Didn't take any pics, unfortunately.

Comment

• Looks like Motion / Freewing have another solid success on their hands with this one !

A couple of questions for Motion before hitting the pre-order button so this can join the Stinger 90, A4 and F22 in my hanger:

- Is the landing gear the same as that on the L-39? and,
              - What are the usable dimensions of the battery compartment? I'm hoping that I can use my 5000mAh Turnigy Heavy Duty LiPo's in this but they are higher and wider than the Admiral 6000's

Cheers
              Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

Haha!!! Hell, I'm using some of mine as door stops. This is a meme a friend made of my actual foam pile before I organized a little. ;)
                A woman posting this is something special! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty500 View Post
                  Looks like Motion / Freewing have another solid success on their hands with this one !

A couple of questions for Motion before hitting the pre-order button so this can join the Stinger 90, A4 and F22 in my hanger:

- Is the landing gear the same as that on the L-39? and,
                  - What are the usable dimensions of the battery compartment? I'm hoping that I can use my 5000mAh Turnigy Heavy Duty LiPo's in this but they are higher and wider than the Admiral 6000's

Cheers
                  Mike
                  In the first post, on the product page and in my unboxing video on Youtube you can see up close pics of the gear. It is pretty much the same at the L-39, very robust. As for the Battery Compartment, I dont know the dimensions of a Turnigy Heavy duty, but a 5100mAh Admiral Carbon would need some manipulation to squeeze in (probably a very small amount of foam removal, but like the video showed, 4000, 5000 and 6000 admirals fit just perfectly.

Comment

• So bring on the spare parts..... I want two motor fans..... for an ARF F-14.... Just imagine....
                    It was mentioned earlier in this forum! And its brilliant!!
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                      Callie will be working a Ace Maker II scheme for mine. Because of the influx of request, 4-5 week turn on orders is to be expected. Great work takes more time!!!!
                      Nice Sam, I have one coming in the Luftwaffe Scheme. These are going to be really great looking jets in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

In the first post, on the product page and in my unboxing video on Youtube you can see up close pics of the gear. It is pretty much the same at the L-39, very robust. As for the Battery Compartment, I dont know the dimensions of a Turnigy Heavy duty, but a 5100mAh Admiral Carbon would need some manipulation to squeeze in (probably a very small amount of foam removal, but like the video showed, 4000, 5000 and 6000 admirals fit just perfectly.
                        Thanks James. much appreciated.

The Turnigy Heavy Duties 5000's have similar dimensions to the Carbon 5100's but are a hair deeper than the Carbons (51mm verses 50mm for the Carbon), so looks like some foam removal will be needed to squeeze them in.

Unfortunately In New Zealand we don't have a distributor for Admiral batteries and due to shipping restrictions relating to lithium batteries can't get them shipped here from retailers who do stock them overseas. A pity as they seem to be of high quality and also seem to be smaller and lighter than the options that are available to us here.

Cheers
                        Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by ArthurJ View Post

Hi ! That 9 blades combined with the inrunner motor are very efficients and the airframe too !!! 🤩🤩🤩🍾 with 5000mah mix flights were between 5min30 and 6min30 🤪
                          Thanks Art! I have 2 Admiral 4000's that I use in my FMS Beaver. I was hoping to use those but 6 mins plus sounds pretty nice. Cha-Ching! There goes more money. LOL!
                          Lauren

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post

A woman posting this is something special! lol
                            There's not many of us unfortunately! :(
                            Lauren

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	ED0817F2-9A2F-4DBD-9CD7-7EE03D58AA4D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	162.3 KB ID:	226680
                              Originally posted by fjkelley@cox.net View Post
                              The full-scale T-33 is EXACTLY 33" longer than a P/F-80 "Shooting Star". Otherwise, the two airframes are identical. Lockheed put a 33" "plug" under the canopy, which allowed them to add the back set (and dual controls), and label it a T-33 "T-Bird".
                              A number of F-80's were modded to T-33 standards, but retained the .50 cal. machine guns and underwing stores stations. These hybrids were known as AT-33's, and used as air-to-ground tactics trainers. I had the privilege of flying and training in these unique, albeit aged, aircraft. Loved every minute in the machine!

Old Dawg
                              I am all over converting one of these to a P-80. An early post in this thread asked why this T-33 and not a P-80. Alpha had a thoughtful and insightful answer that makes a lot of sense.

The good news is that this model has huge promise for making an easy P-80 conversion.

I actually have a drawing that shows the fuse changes from P-80 to T-33 and it is not a single 33” plug. There is a 26.6” section added to the cockpit area and a 12” section added to the aft fuse, just in front of the aft fuse joint where the real thing splits for access to the engine.

Remove the two fuse sections, new canopy and possibly a vac form cover for the shorted hatch, some vac formed P-80 style tip tanks. The new wingtips might be best created from balsa, but foam is an option.

There are 5 different versions of P-80 tip tanks, including the normal T-33 tip tank:

It may seem like I'm going off the reservation again with this topic but it does, peripherally, pertain to a airplane operated by the U.S. N...

Comment

• I'm happy I prefer the looks of the T-33 over the P-80 because now I don't have to convert it.

Comment

• Can’t stop looking at this beauty. I made a short video of the German version to share. So you can ogle before yours get to you.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                  Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                                    Can’t stop looking at this beauty. I made a short video of the German version to share. So you can ogle before yours get to you.
                                    Looks awesome, the A4 was going to be my next jet, but I think this might have changed my mind!

Comment

• Was this vid posted before already? Since Alpha replied in that vid already I thought it was safe to post this unofficial vid

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                        I know NavAir policy doesn't allow civilians to sit in live ejection seats unless they've been qualified to do so. Primarily due to this tragic incident.

That was a real tragedy, to be sure. In our case, I'm sure that the ground crew had "safed" the ejection seats beforehand for us to sit in them safely. My wife got to sit in the front seat of an F-14 in San Diego when it was in the hangar for maintenance once, around 1982 or so. I'm sure the seat was also "safed" to prevent an inadvertent ejection!

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
                                          Was this vid posted before already? Since Alpha replied in that vid already I thought it was safe to post this unofficial vid

They also posted up a "TEST 2".

Comment

Working...
                                          X