X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Good want 3... One for my A-4 and 2 for the Tomcat I haven't bought yet!

I am for sure getting divorced...
    🤭

Mine is scheduled for Friday too. Sadly the warm weather, also has rain and wind joining it! 😡

Comment

• Warbird Digest (https://warbirddigest.com/product/still-flying/) has a great article this month in regards to the T-33.Click image for larger version

Name:	B.jpg
Views:	1036
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	227029

Comment

• Ordered mine today. My first jet ride was at Elmendorf AFB Alaska as a Civil Air Patrol cadet as the honor drill platoon in 1961.

Comment

• Here’s an article you don’t have to pay for
          America’s first operational jet fighter was the Lockheed P–80 Shooting Star, which first flew in 1944.

Comment

• Mine is scheduled to arrive this Saturday. Thought I had more planes than I needed, but could not resist the T-Bird. I flew the T33 in pilot trainig at Greenville, Miss. in 1960, then at Perrin AFB Tx while in interceptor training. Since we were to be assigned to ALL WEATHER interceptor squadrons, we spent the first two months in the back seat under the hood to better hone our instrument flying skills. Also rotated in flying as target for the F102s we were training in. Can't wait to fly this , now I'm waiting for a EDF of the F102 and the F101B, then I will be TOTALLY satisfied.

Comment

• After promising myself I'd hold off I pulled the trigger this AM. How will I ever forgive myself?

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Well i was all ready to get my T33 via my LHS and got a very disturbing news this afternoon about his order. I feel this will have large ripples and repercussions from the rc community in that Motion RC has made the decision to cancel ALL HOBBY SHOP SUPPORT for all ordering. We are seeing a decline in the very shops that most of us started our hobby with and this to me is a very bad move to not support shops for direct orders.
                Alpha, James powers at large, please say that this is a temp situation and someone will realize the long term effects of this move.
                Now im not sure i can get my T33 and support my local shop in business if i am forced to bypass any Motion RC products which he did a fair amount of product movement.
                im sure you can give the proper wordage to my "smilies"

Comment

• Got mine today and it looks great, bad news is either the timing is off or the motor/ esc is defective. Went thru the normal esc setting and runs like it’s missing a few cylinders! Never had this problem before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iowa54 View Post
                    Got mine today and it looks great, bad news is either the timing is off or the motor/ esc is defective. Went thru the normal esc setting and runs like it’s missing a few cylinders! Never had this problem before.
                    Did you calibrate throttle? Set throttle trim to minimum?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Did you calibrate throttle? Set throttle trim to minimum?
                      Yes , did all that several times, even pulled the motor to check the wires, all seems ok. Tried a different motor with the same results. Timing way off or defective esc.

Comment

• Originally posted by fastphil View Post
                        Hi Dave, good luck flying your new T-33, I noticed FedEx is coming by on Saturday with a new one for me on Saturday also...i'm in the SW Arizona desert and have been flying everyday, so i'm hoping for some continued good weather for some first trim flights...
                        Good luck on your initial test flights, too, fastphil! We'll have to compare notes afterwards what we think of the new plane!

Comment

Yes , did all that several times, even pulled the motor to check the wires, all seems ok. Tried a different motor with the same results. Timing way off or defective esc.
                          Are there instructions on how to put the ESC back to factory default? (Just in case something got changed.) Or try a different known good ESC. It doesn't have to be the full amperage that the motor needs. Just don't take the throttle to max. You only want to see if the motor works smoothly.

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Good luck on your initial test flights, too, fastphil! We'll have to compare notes afterwards what we think of the new plane!
                            Hi Dave, i'm also looking forward to hearing about your new T-33, ...both my buddy and I are receiving the new jets, and will be debuting them at the Desert Warbirds Fly-in the following weekend. I recently received an L-39, and after flying many of the 90mm's, I am really enjoying the lighter 80mm jets that don't fall out of the sky like a brick, and have plenty of power and speed on tap, with very good jet run time, and land like a trainer..!

Comment

• I took my wife out for a nice dinner this evening, and after some nice conversation, I let her know that I have a big box inbound. No, doghouse for me, but I may have to take her shoe-shopping this weekend and stay incredibly interested in all of the shoes that she tries on and remark how great they look on her.
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                Are there instructions on how to put the ESC back to factory default? (Just in case something got changed.) Or try a different known good ESC. It doesn't have to be the full amperage that the motor needs. Just don't take the throttle to max. You only want to see if the motor works smoothly.
                                Thought about that but, the problem is that this esc has about 8 inch battery wires. I will contact Motion tomorrow and see what they think. No info on the esc with the plane

Comment

Got mine today and it looks great, bad news is either the timing is off or the motor/ esc is defective. Went thru the normal esc setting and runs like it’s missing a few cylinders! Never had this problem before.
                                  My Freewing 64mm F22 had a weird motor problem when I first put it together. When I pulled the motor completely out, it worked fine, but wouldn't turn inside the model. Turned out there was a bit of foam that was binding the motor. Once that was removed, it worked fine. You might check if there is anything impacting the fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

My Freewing 64mm F22 had a weird motor problem when I first put it together. When I pulled the motor completely out, it worked fine, but wouldn't turn inside the model. Turned out there was a bit of foam that was binding the motor. Once that was removed, it worked fine. You might check if there is anything impacting the fan.
                                    Pulled the motor and all is clear.. spins freely, tried a different motor and same results . esc problem

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                                      Well i was all ready to get my T33 via my LHS and got a very disturbing news this afternoon about his order. I feel this will have large ripples and repercussions from the rc community in that Motion RC has made the decision to cancel ALL HOBBY SHOP SUPPORT for all ordering. We are seeing a decline in the very shops that most of us started our hobby with and this to me is a very bad move to not support shops for direct orders.
                                      Alpha, James powers at large, please say that this is a temp situation and someone will realize the long term effects of this move.
                                      Now im not sure i can get my T33 and support my local shop in business if i am forced to bypass any Motion RC products which he did a fair amount of product movement.
                                      I feel your pain dude. Motion RC has gotten greedy with increased prices, lowered their customer service, and made it almost impossible for hobby shops to sell the freewing product. They are fools. Horizon hobby on the other hand is much smarter and sells online like Motion, but they also support the local hobby shop and hobby shops all across the US carry eflite EDF's. Furthermore Eflite quality and scale detail has now surpassed freewing. More and more guys are turning to Eflite for their Jets. And I can tell you is that eflite plans on building even more jets! Freewing and motion RC are headed the wrong direction. If they don't change their poor business habbits around they will become the next banana hobby, which we all know they are almost outta business with little product.

Well that's my two cents worth

Comment

• Mine is updated to delivery for today! I was going to wait and hear about the reviews, but this one sounds like Motion hit a homerun with fan/motor combination. I have the German version coming my way, love the colors.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                                          Well i was all ready to get my T33 via my LHS and got a very disturbing news this afternoon about his order. I feel this will have large ripples and repercussions from the rc community in that Motion RC has made the decision to cancel ALL HOBBY SHOP SUPPORT for all ordering. We are seeing a decline in the very shops that most of us started our hobby with and this to me is a very bad move to not support shops for direct orders.
                                          News to me last time I spoke with Motion on dealer ( LHS pricing ) they told me they had no such program as the margin is to thin on these to offer one. Since retiring I work part time for the LHS and I can tell you first hand that there is very little profit there even when buying form Horizon.

Mike
                                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Working...
                                          X