X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
    I did some flying with the RunCam2 looking aft and really like how it came out. In this flight I was mainly shooting skywards to try and show off the vertical climb performance. She will climb away from line of sight view pretty quick!
    Ahhhh I've been watching your flights on the Tube. Subbed to you the other day (RobisonRacing68 on YouTube) after our mutual friend (Erich Ische) sent me a link to your video when you had a dead stick. So thanks for doing the durability test. LOL! Really good flying sir :)
    Lauren

Comment

• WOW!!!! Maiden +6 additional flights. CG set a little behind what the manual calls for. All else by the book. Only needed a few clicks of aileron and elevator trim. Tracked great on the ground with no trim added. Used Roaring top 5000 mAh 35c batteries. Did 4 minute flights at 60% throttle with with reserve left in the battery. Even at 60% throttle it moves around at a good pace. Take off and landing with flaps only needed a few clicks of elevator trim mixed in. Was thinking of doing a RCAF scheme but this thing looks so good that I changed my mind. Only mod I will do is the landing light. Really glad I purchased this jet. I know it will be one of my favorites. Great work on this one MotionRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

Wow! That's way worse than my Iceland one. So sorry!
        Thank you . Ya win some and ya lose some, and this one I lost on. LOL . Did you post pictures of how yours arrived?

I contacted Motion to let them know and attached the pictures. They offered to send the plane back, but that's not something I prefer to do.

Comment

• Someone yesterday sent me a message on how to reset the esc I cant find it now and they attached a video too. Any help out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by bmccool View Post
            Someone yesterday sent me a message on how to reset the esc I cant find it now and they attached a video too. Any help out there?
            If they sent the message to you via this site, it should still be there unless you deleted it. Look up at the top of this page at "messages".

Comment

• I knocked this little mod to the T-33 jet intakes tonight. It was pretty easy and only took about 20minuts. It took longer for the paint to dry than it did to build the intakes. I used the plastic piece that was glued inside the intake as a pattern and then cut the new ones out of some scrap balsa. Painted and CA'd into place. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2805.JPEG
Views:	1012
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	231705Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804.JPEG
Views:	1026
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	231706Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2806.JPEG
Views:	996
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	231707Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2807.JPEG
Views:	980
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	231708

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post
                I knocked this little mod to the T-33 jet intakes tonight. It was pretty easy and only took about 20minuts. It took longer for the paint to dry than it did to build the intakes. I used the plastic piece that was glued inside the intake as a pattern and then cut the new ones out of some scrap balsa. Painted and CA'd into place. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2805.JPEG
Views:	1012
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	231705Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804.JPEG
Views:	1026
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	231706Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2806.JPEG
Views:	996
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	231707Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2807.JPEG
Views:	980
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	231708
                Great idea, I noticed those were missing right away. Much more scale this way. (although I know it’s only a matter of time until someone puts in an afterburner)

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Thanks, I saw the pics in the post on my PC. Edited, OK now?
                  Good to go, thank you sir, very nicely done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post
                    Does anyone have a diagram or drawing showing the locations for the nomenclature for the T-33? I did a google search but didn't come up with much.
                    Here you go (USAF aircraft, locations on GAF aircraft are different, see post #246 for different nomenclature)
                    http://tailormadedecals.com.v150678....icStencils.PDF

Comment

• Just noticed one downside to factory-applied decals. Note the emblem at the rear of the fuselage - the star is upside down!

Comment

• Repainted in the colors of the 49th FIS, based at Griffiss AFB, circa 1980's. Painted in overall Aircraft Gray, 16473. Decals are home made. Colored decals are printed on white waterproof vinyl and cut out by hand. Black lettering is vinyl cut with a Silhouette vinyl cutter. I normally maiden my planes before I repaint them but the consensus on this one is that it's a pretty honest flyer so I decided to chance it on this one. It's so much easier to repaint the individual components
                        Well done!!!! I grew up 20 minutes east of Griffis in Utica/New Hartford. In 1972, my father was the president of the local RC club and one of the members was Col. Doug Brenner, who was commander of the 49th -- for some reason he invited my father to take a ride on one of their two T-33's. Understand, dad is a dentist/civilian (now retired). When he got to the base at the appointed hour, Col. Brenner discovered both T-33's were on a cross-country flight. At that point, he noticed their two-seat F-106B was available! So Dad got a back seat ride in the F-106B and they ran a dummy intercept of an F-111B out of Plattsburgh. I seem to recall Dad got to have the stick for a few minutes.

Successful maiden in the books! Almost a non-event. Zero clicks of trim needed. First time that’s ever happened for me.
                        This was my exact same experience, and like you, I can't recall that ever happening before!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMA-82 View Post
                          Just noticed one downside to factory-applied decals. Note the emblem at the rear of the fuselage - the star is upside down!
                          Now that is just wrong...……….with the postings of several other QA issues already, is it a matter of the Freewing workers being pushed to make schedules before going on Chinese New Year or what
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hopefully I can get TWO sets from motion when they ship out the ones for the bottom.....😀

Comment

• Just noticed one downside to factory-applied decals. Note the emblem at the rear of the fuselage - the star is upside down!
                              Oh NO! That would drive me bonkers. When they come out with parts, I should think they'll send you a set of decals so you can apply one over the original. Hopefully it won't show through in the white areas...

Comment

Hopefully I can get TWO sets from motion when they ship out the ones for the bottom.....😀
                                You get a acknowledgement as far as getting them shipped? I sent a request for a set but haven't heard back from them. I realize that they aren't here yet.

Mike
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I have been wanting the T-33 BUT seeing all of these quality control issues I'm going to hold off and see if the second batch is any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin417 View Post
                                    I have been wanting the T-33 BUT seeing all of these quality control issues I'm going to hold off and see if the second batch is any better.
                                    From what i've seen it's the luck of the draw and no reason to think it will ever change

Comment

• That is a good point. I'm going to hold off at least until spare parts are in stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

You get a acknowledgement as far as getting them shipped? I sent a request for a set but haven't heard back from them. I realize that they aren't here yet.

Mike
                                        No, haven't made the request yet. I'm thinking there will be a note from MotionRC when they're ready.

Comment

Just noticed one downside to factory-applied decals. Note the emblem at the rear of the fuselage - the star is upside down!
                                          Lock that guy in the bathroom!

Comment

Working...
                                          X