X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USMA-82 View Post
    Just noticed one downside to factory-applied decals. Note the emblem at the rear of the fuselage - the star is upside down!
    Sorry bout the star and bar :/ However, that weathering job is fantastic! Could you explain how you did it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Too Many Hobbies View Post

Is your throttle stick all the way down as well? Also if you had the stick up at all when initiating the rx ...it goes into programming mode after about 10 seconds...you might be stuck in programming mode.

You can also try calibrating the tx sticks. Plug in rx with tx throttle at max...wait for a beep, then full down...wait for confirmation beep. If it's not doing that, you might be stuck in programming mode. Look up your receiver manual and learn what the beeps mean...then cycle through the menu.
      I don’t think the ar636 calibrates that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by bmccool View Post
        Ok sitting here turned on receiver (plugged in the battery) then Trans on throttle trim and just get the beep every couple of seconds.
        Go back to what OV10 posted. The sequence you are doing is only when the bind plug is installed. After it is bound, you must remove bind plug after you power off the plane. From this point on, you need to turn on the TX first, give it a few seconds to fully come ON, THEN plug in the plane's battery. The reverse when powering OFF. Also, Spektrum binding generally requires that you stand at least 10 feet away with the TX before pressing the bind button and turning the TX on.
        PS. Did you by accident reverse the throttle channel?

Comment

• Hello guys, I need a new battery. I chose an Admiral PRO 6000 mAh or 5000 mAh. Has anyone had any experience with LiPo with this weight? 850gr

Comment

• Originally posted by DaFlyingSnek View Post

Sorry bout the star and bar :/ However, that weathering job is fantastic! Could you explain how you did it?
            It was the old "post-it note" trick. The objective is
            to create a weathering effect along the panel lines parallel to the direction of flight. You just place post-it notes along the panel lines (reduce stickiness by placing them on your clothes first, if necessary), then create a black streak going front to back that starts on the post-it note and continues onto the plane. Some people use an airbrush for this streak, but I just use carbon from a carbon pencil from a sketching kit. I use the "soft" carbon sticks and just apply it with my fingers. Once I complete the streaking, I spray everything with a foam-safe enamel to lock it in.

That's it - just don't over-do it. Just enough is right.

Comment

• Hey Motion! When will the Spare parts be available ??? I need X2 T-33 9 blade power plants!! :-)
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Rucky View Post
                Hello guys, I need a new battery. I chose an Admiral PRO 6000 mAh or 5000 mAh. Has anyone had any experience with LiPo with this weight? 850gr
                Howdy "Rucky B". Lol.

All my experience was not great with the larger Admirals, but I do like the Admiral Pros a lot and think they are worth the extra money. They hold up MUCH better than the regular ones. I had Admiral 4s 4000's that had so much IR, they sent my P51 into LVC, and that plane was only 35 amps in the air. I trashed $200 worth of batteries that sucked.

So far Hobby King Rhinos and Graphenes have been rated tops, but Admiral makes Graphenes that have been tested to be really good.

If I ever buy more lipos, I buy Admiral Pros in the size if available.

Comment

• I finally got to maiden mine yesterday. Took off quite nicely and had to throttle down to half for a more realistic flight. I'm using a Roaring Top 5000mah 70C lipo and moved it back a bit after the first flight since it seemed a bit nose heavy. I put five more flights on it and loved every one of them. My timer was set at 4 minutes for the first flight and I added 30 seconds after landing with 40% in the battery. I found that the flap-elevator mix was a bit much and put it back to neutral. I had inadvertently put up elevator mix with the take-off flap setting and boy did it climb after lift-off. Got it all sorted out by the fourth flight and it flies as reported. My only complaint is that the paint on mine, the Luftwaffe version, is a little thin in areas and allows those areas to look gatored. Overall the jet looks great and flies great to me since I'm not one who has to have a perfect scale look to be happy. Oh, I have squeaky wheels also.

Comment

• So several complaints of wheel noise............… Is the brass axle bushing that FW used on some earlier models (ie the A-10, F4U and F7F) not a standard across the new product lines??
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hello guys, I need a new battery. I chose an Admiral PRO 6000 mAh or 5000 mAh. Has anyone had any experience with LiPo with this weight? 850gr
                      I bought 2 of the 6000mah Admiral Pro's just for the T-33, my first experience with these batteries. I just maidened the plane yesterday and only have a few flights on each battery so I can't say anything yet about longevity. However, I really didn't notice the extra weight compared to the standard Admiral 5000mah battery that I also flew once with. I aligned the rear of the Pro with the rear of the ply base and balance was on the recommended CG mark. If I want to move the battery back it may be difficult to go very far as the blue box will be in the way. I put the standard 5000mah Admiral at the recommended 70mm position and balance was again on the recommended mark. Plenty of room to move it if you want to push the CG back.

Comment

• Originally posted by soareyes View Post

I bought 2 of the 6000mah Admiral Pro's just for the T-33, my first experience with these batteries. I just maidened the plane yesterday and only have a few flights on each battery so I can't say anything yet about longevity. However, I really didn't notice the extra weight compared to the standard Admiral 5000mah battery that I also flew once with. I aligned the rear of the Pro with the rear of the ply base and balance was on the recommended CG mark. If I want to move the battery back it may be difficult to go very far as the blue box will be in the way. I put the standard 5000mah Admiral at the recommended 70mm position and balance was again on the recommended mark. Plenty of room to move it if you want to push the CG back.
                        Blue box can go anywhere, I removed mine (2 screws)and velcroed it to the side of the fuselage.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                          So several complaints of wheel noise............… Is the brass axle bushing that FW used on some earlier models (ie the A-10 and F7F) not a standard across the new product lines??
                          Not a noise but a squeaking that could wake the dead! Have since applied oil and will see if it helped today

Comment

Roaringtop 6250 is only 803 grams and plane flys great with it with no feeling of being heavy

Comment

• I created a 3d printed version of my T-33 intake detail. I think it looks much better than the balsa one I did originally. I put it on Thingiverse for anyone who might want it.
                              This is a detail part for the jet intakes on the Freewing T-33. Freewing over simplified the design in this area and this part just adds a little detail. To install you need to remove the plastic tab that is glued in this area they trim the foam under it flat. Paint the foam and the printed part and glue it in with CA. You may need to trim the part or the foam inside the inlet slightly to get it to fit with out binding. Make two, one for each side.

here is a picture on the new one installed on my German T-33. You may have to trim the sides of the printed piece to get it to fit, The foam was slightly different on each side of mine and also trim the foam shelf that the stock part sat on flush so air will flow under the printed part. even with trimming the plastic part its a tight fit so slide it in at a angle and they rotate it flat when you get it in place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2808.jpeg
Views:	1102
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	231950

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Not a noise but a squeaking that could wake the dead! Have since applied oil and will see if it helped today
                                And yes squeaking is a noise and is a common issue with basic plastic wheels whereas they also wear out quicker but your response didn't answer my question
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

And yes squeaking is a noise and is a common issues with basic plastic wheels whereas they also wear out quicker but your response didn't answer my question
                                  sounds like a question for motion

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post
                                    I created a 3d printed version of my T-33 intake detail. I think it looks much better than the balsa one I did originally. I put it on Thingiverse for anyone who might want it.
                                    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4107371
                                    Tim, Looks stunning. Love the extra details,as always. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Ready to rock and roll! Need some weather though... The good kind.;)

Lauren

Comment

• Originally posted by Flygirl View Post
                                        Ready to rock and roll! Need some weather though... The good kind.;)
                                        Nice! How was your quality of product? Mine (silver one) is supposed to be here next Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          Nice! How was your quality of product? Mine (silver one) is supposed to be here next Monday.
                                          Hi Tony! Jeez after all these years we still seem to be buying the same stuff. LOL! I got mine back at the end of August (Hall gimbals) so I've had to buy an internal module, put a boot loader on the module, and switch from Jumper TX to Open TX. I probably should have waited like you did but I have not had any issues myself other than the learning curve with Open TX. I have a TBS Crossfire in the external bay and that seems to work great with the radio. I flew with it all fall until it got to cold and never had any issues. You freezing up there??
                                          Lauren

Comment

Working...
                                          X