X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Yes, I‘ve prepared something.... But I will fit and try it first. Unfortunately there are still no T-Birds for us here in Europe...

Click image for larger version Name:	DB1D5D4D-E12B-4C04-9926-FE9E121F7265.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	125.7 KB ID:	233295

i hope.you guys in Europe get yours soon. They look and fly.awesome.

I'm curious what LEDs you are using?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

i hope.you guys in Europe get yours soon. They look and fly.awesome.

I'm curious what LEDs you are using?
      Those are white LEDs salvaged from other Freewing models.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Are they automatically shipping these out to all of the folks that bought into the pre-order? Because I remember discussion about these decals lacking but I thought there was also something we had to sign up for to receive them. But I never saw anything on their website about it...
        I sent a emal to support noting I saw it here that they would be sending them out to those wanting them. I have no clue if they will automatically send them out.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

I sent a emal to support noting I saw it here that they would be sending them out to those wanting them. I have no clue if they will automatically send them out.

Mike
          Thanks Mike I suppose I'll do the same.

Comment

• My missing Iron Cross decals are on the way - it was an automatic, no charge, shipment on their part. Suspect if you have ordered the German version yours will also soon be "en route".

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
              My missing Iron Cross decals are on the way - it was an automatic, no charge, shipment on their part. Suspect if you have ordered the German version yours will also soon be "en route".
              I actually ordered the U.S. version as my father was part of that squadron for two years. I sent an email to Andrew in support expressing my interest, so we'll see...

Comment

• I just tested both the Red and Silver HD paint that they made for me. The Red is very very close to an exact match. The Silver has too much gray in it.

Comment

• Hey there friends,
                  Indeed, the extra underwing decals have arrived. For anyone who wants a set, please contact Support and give them your order number to request a set of insignia be sent to you for free either as part of your next order, or separately sooner if you prefer. Each shipment must be created manually by our team; batch-wide auto-shipments of non-inventory items is not something our system is configured to do, since it's not a common occurrence.

The decal sets are also not being sent automatically since we have many customers who are either repainting their birds to other schemes or are otherwise indifferent to underwing insignia.

Keep the flight reports coming, I enjoy reading them when I can! I also enjoy seeing the 3DP and other customizations being created and shared here!
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, I sent a request for the decals a couple of weeks ago. How do I know if they got my request? Now I can't seem to find "Support" anywhere? I sent my order number with the request so they should have that.

Comment

• Some of my nomenclature from Callie on my T-Bird. For the purist I had to place some of them incorrectly due to red on red and black on black. Also the red fuselage line that should be the engine separation indicator is in the wrong place on the model. forward an inch and a half where the panel line is. Click image for larger version

Name:	Nomenclature T-33.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	233472

Comment

• Originally posted by bmccool View Post
                        Some of my nomenclature from Callie on my T-Bird. For the purist I had to place some of them incorrectly due to red on red and black on black. Also the red fuselage line that should be the engine separation indicator is in the wrong place on the model. forward an inch and a half where the panel line is. Click image for larger version  Name:	Nomenclature T-33.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.6 KB ID:	233472
                        From my info, the red stripe is a "don't stand here when the engine is running " line because if it goes that's where the shrapnel gets thrown. Makes sense to me, the mechanics shouldn't need a red stripe to tell them where to take the plane apart.
                        I’ve seen that red line on turbine powered apu carts also

Comment

• Like I said it is for the pureists

Comment

• You are kinda contradicting yourself there bud, to mention the red line was in the wrong place is something a purist (often uninformed) would point out.

Comment

• I stand corrected :)

Comment

• I got some LEDs and wiring harnesses from Motion to add some lighting onto my T-Bird. I cobbled up making a panel using a photo of the real thing for the two landing lights on the nose gear. The intensity straight on is unbelievable! I like having landing lights on planes to help me line up with the runway on final approach and it helps me get a feel for the descent angle and rate to land where I want to on the runway.
                                Also added two red flashing beacons on the top and bottom of the fuselage. That's it for now, moving in about a week, but eventually hope to add wingtip nav lights and maybe strobes on the wingtips too for better visibility in flight.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Davegee,

Which Landing gear said did you use. Thanks for the info..

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                                    Davegee,

Which Landing gear said did you use. Thanks for the info..

Hi the old ALFER: I didn't understand the question, could you rephrase?
                                    Thanks!

Comment

• Where did you plug the nose wheel light? Directly to a servo Y harness or to the Receiver?

Comment

• Originally posted by bmccool View Post
                                        Where did you plug the nose wheel light? Directly to a servo Y harness or to the Receiver?
                                        I wired and soldered the two landing lights together, and then onto a lead for a standard two pin female lighting plug receptacle. I then plugged that into the "Takeoff light" (I believe that's what it said) labeled receptacle on the blue multi function box. Works like a champ, on when the gear comes down and off when you retract the gear. I don't think it will be ANY problem seeing those lights clearly on final, day or dusk! Going to try it out late this afternoon.

Comment

• Davegee,
                                          Sorry, I meant to ask what LED light set did you use. Thanks.
                                          Sorry for my confusing text. I use the speak to text function and it didn’t understand me and I did not bother to proofread it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X