X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Are you doing any 3d printing for this conversation?
    Yes. the patterns for the canopy and early Lockheed style tip tanks will be 3D printed. Sparky at Parkflyer plastics has signed up to convert these patterns to vacuform tooling.

Comment

• All finished, Minwaxed, set up and bench tested. Nothing new to see but here's where it'll hang for the next month or two waiting for all the snow/ice to melt.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3522.JPG Views:	0 Size:	190.8 KB ID:	233949Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3523.JPG Views:	0 Size:	187.2 KB ID:	233950

Comment

• QUIKSTOP.....Yes.

I was specifically ask for spares. I'm assuming that the shipment will include the models as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          All finished, Minwaxed, set up and bench tested. Nothing new to see but here's where it'll hang for the next month or two waiting for all the snow/ice to melt.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3522.JPG Views:	0 Size:	190.8 KB ID:	233949Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3523.JPG Views:	0 Size:	187.2 KB ID:	233950
          now thats a shop that looks like it get "STUFF DONE"
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
            Very nice, Tooeleflyboy , the subtle shading really makes the aircraft "pop". Sometimes, less truly IS more. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Tooele makes good honey, that tastes to me like Tupelo honey even though they're thousands of miles apart. I dated a honey farmer over 20 years ago. Sweet memories.
            LOL LOL Sick man, but funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha. Stay safe Brother!

Comment

• JoeCool WarbirdFan66 Hey Y'all, A Very Hearty Welcome to "The Squawk"! Glad you're here. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

now thats a shop that looks like it get "STUFF DONE"
                AKA ......................... the CLUTTER zone.

Comment

• Damn Canadians!!!!!!!!! LOL Looks like my entire house!!!!!!!!!!!! HA

Comment

• I really do have over 100 planes that are ready to fly... I have 53 in the box... Please send help...………

Comment

• 42 in the house!! My wife is a Saint

Comment

• 92 planes in model memory. All but about 10 are still flying. I've only been in the hobby since late 2015. Hi, my name is Ox, and I have an addiction.

---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• I did some light airbrushing. I find the Tamiya Lacquer Thinner works best with thinning other lacquers and the Tamiya acrylics as well. Like 90% thinner to 10% paint and it goes on like dust !

Comment

• At 51 operational planes (and nearly 2 dozen various sizes of helis), I have reached the MEI - Maximum Explosion Index for my house. Had I not gotten rid of 100 of them through the years, a semi trailer would be parked in the back yard so we'd have a place to live. My wife has been a saint but her halo is starting to tilted a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              I really do have over 100 planes that are ready to fly... I have 53 in the box... Please send help...………
                              Lord Tunderin Jesus By !

Comment

• Originally posted by Tooeleflyboy View Post
                                I did some light airbrushing. I find the Tamiya Lacquer Thinner works best with thinning other lacquers and the Tamiya acrylics as well. Like 90% thinner to 10% paint and it goes on like dust !
                                Do I understand it correctly that you used some black Tamiya color thinned 90% and sprayed that over the panel lines to highlight those? after you added the rivets?
                                https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• To may fellow Obsessive Compulsive modeler’s that can’t wait to purchase our next favorite, maybe a 12 step program would help, or a 13, or a 14 .................. NA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............... this is to much FUN!! ...LOL

Comment

• flazz Too much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Glad you are here Bro!!!!!!! Jerry

Comment

• glade to be among my fellows ..........

Comment

• Just want to say.... Love all the newer members..... LOVE That our community is growing..... its all so stupidly addicting ..... Flying, Modding, Building, painting, researching, shopping, testing,
                                        All the while slaves to the weather and hanger space... WELCOME ALL!!!!

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post

Yes. the patterns for the canopy and early Lockheed style tip tanks will be 3D printed. Sparky at Parkflyer plastics has signed up to convert these patterns to vacuform tooling.
                                          Nice, I'd just print them since I have the equipment for it. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X