Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent, thanks James and Alpha! That's what I was hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
      T-CAT I can confirm that the new shroud is, well, new. It's more rigid, and better suited to the inrunner in this bird. She's a quickie!

xplaneguy Thanks, brother! Ha, you should know, you were a driving force behind these liveries! This bird flies like our Venoms. I can't wait for you to fly it.
      If it flies like the Venom, that's high praise indeed.

Comment

I tell ya, the full main gear doors, the plastic intakes (thank you), the split flaps, new power systems, servo pockets and covers, nylon hinging all around, the German paint scheme, nice struts and retracts, and ample battery room for a 5000+mah battery makes this jet a bit difficult to hold back purchasing and may just give in. I had no intention of it as it's not a jet on my list to own, but that's never set in stone. This one looks very nice.

I do have a X45 that just arrived, but that is going in a composite jet, but it makes me want another to use for foam aircraft like converting this T-33. Plus I DON'T have to paint the jet since I like the paint scheme. LOL

Comment

As a member of the customer service department at Motion RC I was able to get a sneak-peak at the new T-33. I can confidentially tell you from a little stick time that it's an affordable EDF with a wide flight envelope that will keep most any EDF pilot well entertained. The inrunner 1920Kv power is fantastic! It will fly at 40% throttle and you can drive it around scale-like or pin the throttle and bore some holes in the sky. No matter what throttle setting it sounds amazing! Build and setup is very easy. I used an Admiral RX600SP receiver with this build and flew with NO gyro for test flights. I set it up box stock and had no surprises on maiden. It feels like a more sporty F-86 80mm but is still very easy to line up and land. If you're newer to EDF's this is a great choice. If you're seasoned it's a very fun jet to fly crisp and smooth. Having 2-3 of these in the pattern would be a lot of fun!

*80mm 3658-1920Kv Inrunner 9-Blade

*100amp ESC

*6S 4000mah-5000mah

*Tip-Tanks Removable for easy transport

*2 paint schemes available USAF/German Camo

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1174.JPEG
Views:	2606
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	226042

Name:	IMG_1171.JPEG
Views:	2005
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	226043

Name:	IMG_1180.JPEG
Views:	1682
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	226044

Name:	82093749_738155589927267_5785252052141604864_n.jpg
Views:	1924
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	226045

Name:	82272747_583886522443311_647025089291747328_n.jpg
Views:	1902
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	226046

Name:	IMG_0996.JPEG
Views:	1616
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	226047

Name:	IMG_1050.JPEG
Views:	1718
Size:	385.7 KB
ID:	226048

Name:	IMG_1054.JPEG
Views:	1698
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	226049

Name:	IMG_1163.JPEG
Views:	1671
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	226050

Name:	IMG_1193.JPEG
Views:	2169
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	226051

Comment

The full-scale T-33 is EXACTLY 33" longer than a P/F-80 "Shooting Star". Otherwise, the two airframes are identical. Lockheed put a 33" "plug" under the canopy, which allowed them to add the back set (and dual controls), and label it a T-33 "T-Bird".
            A number of F-80's were modded to T-33 standards, but retained the .50 cal. machine guns and underwing stores stations. These hybrids were known as AT-33's, and used as air-to-ground tactics trainers. I had the privilege of flying and training in these unique, albeit aged, aircraft. Loved every minute in the machine!

Old Dawg

Comment

Name:	Canadair CT-133 Silver Star - Red Knight .jpg
Views:	1885
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	226067

I was waiting for a vintage jet release! Because there have been few Canadian planes in existence, I will do this version of the Canadair CT-133 flying red hot chili pepper known as The Red Knight....
              Very happy to see the T33 modelled. Of course I like the USAF version which is the original....Yeeehaw!....

Comment

That's a happy man right there! Love it Andrew!

Name:	image_49020.jpg
Views:	1952
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	226069

Comment

Flies like a venom you say??? Good enough for me!

Comment

When can we order one??? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                      That's a happy man right there! Love it Andrew!

Name:	image_49020.jpg
Views:	1952
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	226069
                      How ironic! An American plane with two Iron Crosses on it. The Germans had to say yes to everything after 1945!.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by davecee View Post
                        When can we order one??? Inquiring minds want to know.
                        davecee The Pre-Order is now live! The first batch arrives to the States in about a week from now, and to the EU about a week after that, so.... Surprise, surprise, many of you will be flying this bird before the end of the month. Merry January!

After the typical ~8 week pre-order interval of the AL37 and F-18, we wanted to change it up with a quickfire release for this T-33, same as we did with the Skynetic Havok and Shrike, and FlightLine P-51 and Fw-190D.9 Dora.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

A Question for RC Guy 83 from Motion. or Alpha, Can you please give me the distance in mm from the battery tray up vertical to the bottom of the canopy front tab.
                          Just want to see how high that is to see if my batteries will fit ok. On some models I have had to trim some of the foam off said canopy front tab.
                          Thank you. I have the Venom to and it flies like its on rails, so if this is the same then count me in.

Comment

Pre ordered is done. Can't wait to get it.

Comment

Just ordered the German PNP. I had a $200 gift card so I figured "what the heck, ya know".

Comment

Preorder in! Woohoo!

Comment

Pre-ordered! My dad was a USAF flight instructor in the T-33 (and later the T-38) so this plane is natural for me. Just wish he was still here to see it fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Name:	IMG_20190831_144751.jpg
Views:	10950
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	225916

Ohh soo that's how the the T-7 came about!

Comment

Alpha, better stock extra wings, because the folks who like to modify planes may try hanging a set on this: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...np#support-tab to get ether of these:

Attached Files

Comment

I'm hoping the power to weight ratio on this jet is good.

Comment

Working...
                                        X