Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes... better to just ignore. But I did have to reglue one of my gear too.

But people forget that Motion is a reseller, not the manufacturer. Motion does a superb job of customer support.

Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
    Just checking... Woah... thought I was on RCG for a quick second.

Comment

• Originally posted by fjkelley@cox.net View Post
      Bitch, bitch, bitch! Whine, whine, whine, whine!!
      Heck of a value for the buck! Can't you people just enjoy it? Use the T-33 inside the parameters it was designed for, and be happy!!

Old Dawg
      Perhaps you missed all of my glowing comments about MRC and pictures about the A-10 and F-4. Here's a reminder.

F-4 post 3933 https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...thread/page197
      A-10 post 6566 https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...thread/page329

Sorry, but I don't run a good news only reality denying fanboi channel. Old Dawg you're far out of line. The pictures demonstrating lack of glue speak for themselves.

A-10=Spectacular value, spectacular airplane. F-4= Spectacular Value, spectacular airplane, T-33=not so, not so

Ken

Comment

• We shouldn't lower ourselves down the level of the old HobbyKing forum, where it was populated with HobbyKing fanbois. A person should feel that he/she can voice both positive and negative aspects of a product/seller, so long as it's done in a civilized manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          We shouldn't lower ourselves down the level of the old HobbyKing forum, where it was populated with HobbyKing fanbois. A person should feel that he/she can voice both positive and negative aspects of a product/seller, so long as it's done in a civilized manner.
          I was going to say something very similar. I read the positive and negative comments of someone's posts regarding a product/seller as both can have merit. Dismissing either would be shortchanging ourselves and the hobby.

I wouldn't appreciate it if posted online in a honest and informative manner about a product and potentially some downsides I found with it, and it was dismissed and/or viewed as unimportant. It shouldn't have to do with popular opinion, post count, etc. Sometimes people bring up issues that actually spark better quality control and updates features/components in further batches/versions of a product.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
            Sometimes people bring up issues that actually spark better quality control and updates features/components in further batches/versions of a product.
            ABSOLUTELY! Look at the case of the FMS 2000mm Beaver. V1 complaints included non-scale long nose, lack of clear windscreen, ugly paint scheme and lack of a convenient port to plug in the float servo. All were fixed in V2 recently released.

But I agree - there is a tone of "written voice" that should be used to express concerns. It doesn't need to be in an angry, agitated fashion.

Comment

• DONT MAKE ME!!!! LOL I will go all moderator and delete your sorry asses!!! LOL First amendment rules, but try to be nice!! Love to you guys!!! In a manly way, of course...… Just joking, but everyone has different experiences, and they are all valid if expressed with respect and context....

Comment

• Back to drinking Scotch and smoking w..... never mind...

Comment

• Those who know me know there is no w...., but possibly a Scotch!! Ha!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!

Comment

• I appreciate all of the supportive comments. I just want to add one more data point.

As I am working on the gear repair I found that about 50% of the "glue" used was white silicone sealant. Here's a picture. I have never heard of silicone sealant used to hold structural parts on an RC airplane. So what you see in the previous picture I posted is a mixture of silicone sealant and a white glue.

Ken Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0348.jpeg
Views:	802
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	235492

Comment

• "data point"... Silicone sealant and white glue. Unless there has been a paradigm shift in the glues used neither were used in gluing in the plastic LG mount to your wing. Are you saying the glue they used to mount the servos was also used to partially mount the LG block?

On mine they just used their contact cement like they include in the kit. It's neither silicone nor "white glue" which to me means Elmer's Glue. It's the same as the other FreeWing and FLightLine planes I have.

Comment

• Evan D. on the right gear mounting plate, the flexible silicone sealant was found on the flat part immediately against the underside of the wing. On the Left gear mount the silicon was used on the bottom of the mount which is recessed deep into the wing and on the front and rear sides of that deep recessed area. Hope this is understandable.(The gear mount has one flat area that is parallel to the outer surface of the wing and is recessed 2-3mm. It also has a depression where the servo motor is located that is deeply recessed 20-30 cm into the wing.) The other glue used was an opaque off-white, but more clear than cloudy glue. It looks like hot glue, but when I was picking it off it was too hard for me to think it was from hot a glue gun. So, it was hard, like a white glue. Not elmers, but more like a canopy glue, but harder. Not a bad glue, if more would have been used in place of the silicone. I have never used the glue that came with my A10, so I can't compare it to the contact cement that Freewing includes in the kit.

Also, I have never pulled a servo from one of these planes, so I am not at all familiar with the glue used to put them in the airplane.

Comment

• Interesting, thanks. The tube of glue supplied in the kits works very well. The only down side is it softens the foam it comes in contact with. So if you use it to glue the retract mount back in the wing be sparing either the glue at the very bottom or you’ll see it’s effect on the top of the wing.

Comment

• Evan makes a great point as the chemical reaction of the glue he speaks of does soften the surrounding EPO foam. You can see the same issue on the already assembled parts at the factory such as where some of the plastic mounts are in various area, or where the plastic leading edge of the intakes meet the foam.

For retract mount glue, I like using the expanding white Gorilla Glue. It fills the voids well, dries to 80% strength in one hour (if I remember their bottle instructions and data correctly), which makes it nice for field repairs, and I haven't seen any odd effects on EPO foam yet for this type of situation and use.

Comment

• Well said T!

Comment

• Thanks man!

Comment

• This is a look from the top of my head as I maidened my T-33! If you watch until the end, you will hear my unfiltered feelings about this jet lol

Comment

• We had 9 T-33s in the air at one time today during the 16th Annual Arizona Electric Festival! I'm sure someone got pics and video, and I'll share any that gets posted.
                                    Pat

Comment

• That would be awesome to see!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        We had 9 T-33s in the air at one time today during the 16th Annual Arizona Electric Festival! I'm sure someone got pics and video, and I'll share any that gets posted.
                                        So cool. I was so much looking forward to attending this year, but unfortunately family stuff got in the way.
                                        ​​​...
                                        if I leave now, I'll get there about 4am
                                        ​dang I wish I could go

Comment

• I have some measurements that I want to share, did some before my maiden flight:

stock 80mm 1920kv 9b combo:
                                          101A/2250watts/2,6kg thrust

4000 Graphene: 4 mins mixed throttle flights
                                          5000 HRB: 5 mins
                                          6000 HRB: 6 mins with lots of verticals and high speed passes (lipos sits against the front of the BB)
                                          https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

Working...
                                          X