Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing T-33 Shooting Star 80mm EDF Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six and a half minutes with these 6200... https://www.rcjuice.com/lipo-batteri...soft-case.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
      Cockpit work in progress...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panels.jpg
Views:	2439
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	236247

Click image for larger version Name:	Größenänderung DSCF0657.JPG Views:	9 Size:	209.9 KB ID:	236241
      Awesome work Frank, can't wait to see the final result....

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

I had what I felt was a great maiden today. The German livery version. Flew great. Love the plane. But then the landing. It was a normal landing. Not hard by any means and my starboard main LG popped out. Broke the wire at the base. Gear doors also broke. I'll have to take apart and solder the wires. A real PITA.

Mine is the 4th T-33 at our field in recent weeks to experience retracts popping out due to a crappy glue job. I knew about this potential problem but there's no way to check if they are glued in solidly. I wiggled them and they seemed okay.

Motion should know about this known defect.

Hawk
        If I were to start over, I'd just rip out the two rear landing gears and re-glue them with gorilla glue. When they popped off during landing, it also snapped the hinges on both inner landing gear doors. I was lucky that the wires were not snapped, otherwise it would have been a real PITA.

The nose gear seems to hold solid.

Comment

• I worked on one of my T33s and it did not take much to remove the entire plastic gear mount. The contact area was very dry with only a few places bonding the foam to the plastic.
          While Gorilla glue will work well, if you dont want to ruin the foam around the mount you can do the following.

Drill 4 1/4 " holes about 1/2" deep through the plastic flange and into the foam.
          Glue in 4 1/4" dowels.
          Make a retaining strap out of metal, polyply or good quality plywood.
          Apply a little ShoeGoo or similar to the strap and screw into place.

The gear will now rip out before the mount does.

Dw

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Helijet View Post
            I worked on one of my T33s and it did not take much to remove the entire plastic gear mount. The contact area was very dry with only a few places bonding the foam to the plastic.
            While Gorilla glue will work well, if you dont want to ruin the foam around the mount you can do the following.

Drill 4 1/4 " holes about 1/2" deep through the plastic flange and into the foam.
            Glue in 4 1/4" dowels.

Dw

That's clever, Thx !

Comment

• It is finally done (livery as Waterloo Warbirds "Mako Shark). I will install lights and possibly air brakes before maiden next month.
              Waterloo Warbird’s Silver Star was built in 1957 by Canadair and entered RCAF service with tail number 133577. She served with 414 Squadron, based on Vancouver Island at CFB Comox in British Columbia and later with 417 Squadron, based at Cold Lake, Alta. Our aircraft was used for training, electronic warfare and target towing roles while in RCAF service. As with all other RCAF T-Birds, our plane received an extensive avionics upgrade and overhaul performed by Kelowna Flightcraft in 1996 (known as the “AUP” upgrade). She was placed into flyable preservation in 2002 and sold off in 2003 to Red Star Aviation, based in the U.S. She was then acquired in 2007 by an ownership group that eventually became Waterloo Warbirds. Her unique “Mako Shark” paint scheme is based on a similar commemorative livery that flew for one season in 1992 with VU32 Squadron, based at CFB Shearwater in Nova Scotia. The Mako Shark is very popular wherever she flies! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1592.JPG
Views:	1568
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	237147

Comment

• Very nice work Daiglo, should look beautiful in the air ......

Comment

• Originally posted by Helijet View Post
                  I worked on one of my T33s and it did not take much to remove the entire plastic gear mount. The contact area was very dry with only a few places bonding the foam to the plastic.

Glue in 4 1/4" dowels.

Dw

Thanks for the fix. Looks to be simple but effective.Wish I thought of it

Comment

• Originally posted by Daiglo View Post
                    It is finally done (livery as Waterloo Warbirds "Mako Shark). I will install lights and possibly air brakes before maiden next month.
                    Waterloo Warbird’s Silver Star was built in 1957 by Canadair and entered RCAF service with tail number 133577. She served with 414 Squadron, based on Vancouver Island at CFB Comox in British Columbia and later with 417 Squadron, based at Cold Lake, Alta. Our aircraft was used for training, electronic warfare and target towing roles while in RCAF service. As with all other RCAF T-Birds, our plane received an extensive avionics upgrade and overhaul performed by Kelowna Flightcraft in 1996 (known as the “AUP” upgrade). She was placed into flyable preservation in 2002 and sold off in 2003 to Red Star Aviation, based in the U.S. She was then acquired in 2007 by an ownership group that eventually became Waterloo Warbirds. Her unique “Mako Shark” paint scheme is based on a similar commemorative livery that flew for one season in 1992 with VU32 Squadron, based at CFB Shearwater in Nova Scotia. The Mako Shark is very popular wherever she flies! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1592.JPG
Views:	1568
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	237147
                    Daiglo , really well done. Saw this on Facebook as well. With what and how did you do the masking for the blue to white edges on the tanks and above the mouth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daiglo View Post
                      It is finally done (livery as Waterloo Warbirds "Mako Shark). I will install lights and possibly air brakes before maiden next month.
                      Waterloo Warbird’s Silver Star was built in 1957 by Canadair and entered RCAF service with tail number 133577. She served with 414 Squadron, based on Vancouver Island at CFB Comox in British Columbia and later with 417 Squadron, based at Cold Lake, Alta. Our aircraft was used for training, electronic warfare and target towing roles while in RCAF service. As with all other RCAF T-Birds, our plane received an extensive avionics upgrade and overhaul performed by Kelowna Flightcraft in 1996 (known as the “AUP” upgrade). She was placed into flyable preservation in 2002 and sold off in 2003 to Red Star Aviation, based in the U.S. She was then acquired in 2007 by an ownership group that eventually became Waterloo Warbirds. Her unique “Mako Shark” paint scheme is based on a similar commemorative livery that flew for one season in 1992 with VU32 Squadron, based at CFB Shearwater in Nova Scotia. The Mako Shark is very popular wherever she flies!
                      DG, I love it, big time. Thank you for the background history. I researched more pictures and this is quite the popular aircraft. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• The Mako Shark was painted with Rustoleum Spray can and the edges were done with a paint brush using computer colour matched water based paint . All was sprayed with clear satin Rustoleum to match the sheen.

Comment

• Here are 3DP files for better looking seats, based on the Martin Baker MK GU5 as used in later Luftwaffen T-33s. Parts printed with ASA Filament. Warning: This is a kit Please refer to the pictures for assembly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Seat 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	237360Click image for larger version  Name:	Seat 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	237361Click image for larger version  Name:	Cockpit Parts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	237362

Comment

• The T33 makes a great turbine conversion

Paul Appelbaum

Comment

• Yes it does and Paul offers a very nice tank / exhaust pipe package!

Dw

Comment

• Radar-Guy Again great work Frank, thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Nice!!!!

Comment

• Radar guy, for those of us that don’t have access to 3D printers, would you consider selling parts already made?

Comment

Here are 3DP files for better looking seats, based on the Martin Baker MK GU5 as used in later Luftwaffen T-33s. Parts printed with ASA Filament. Warning: This is a kit Please refer to the pictures for assembly.

Click image for larger version Name:	Seat 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	237360Click image for larger version Name:	Seat 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	237361Click image for larger version Name:	Cockpit Parts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	237362
                                      Wow! amazing work once again! Thank you for what you're doing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajp View Post
                                        The T33 makes a great turbine conversion

Paul Appelbaum

https://youtu.be/fNEMLHkpPvc
                                        Ajp Subscribed, Paul! I'm so glad to see a turbine conversion of our bird.

Radar-Guy, you're taking it to another level with that cockpit set.

Keep it coming, guys!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Here are 3DP files for better looking seats, based on the Martin Baker MK GU5 as used in later Luftwaffen T-33s. Parts printed with ASA Filament. Warning: This is a kit Please refer to the pictures for assembly.

These look great; thanks for your work Radar-Guy!

I see you added also a lower rear cockpit panel?👌
                                          Could you please point us into the direction of that file?

Comment

Working...
                                          X