X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
    Jack, did you paint those teeth or is it a Callie decal -- very nice added touch.
    Yes ordered from Callie. On her site go to the T33 page and there’s a Canadian blue scheme, that’s what I ordered

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Which scheme do you have? USAF or Luftwaffe?
      USAF

Comment

• Here are the final 3DP parts for the cockpit.
        - Front panel coaming. I trimmed mine by 4mm in height.
        - Canopy arch plus mirror and compass housing
        - Canopy frame cross brace (located above rear coaming).

I found a nice file for a control stick and scaled it down:
        This is a replica of a B8 Flight Stick used in many helicopters and fighter jets. The model has holes cut out to place m10x1.25 nuts which is the thread size used for many shift knobs. I did my best to recreate the shape of the knob based on many photographs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Final cockpit parts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	241316Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3581.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	241323Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3584.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	241324Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3585.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	241325

Comment

• Top work, Radar-Guy!
          Many thanks!

Comment

• WOW.............. thank you so much RG, super work!!

Comment

• Really, really nice, Radar-Guy!
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Many thanks!
                Standing by for the next jet to come....

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC08406 - Copy.JPG Views:	0 Size:	269.1 KB ID:	225946
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0187.JPG
Views:	1102
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	241676

Just wanted a before and after shot of the mods I made to my T-33 ; Did a little repaint to the green and gray then added tan to the fuselage and wings and full orange tip tanks.
                  Added 8 lights to the plane 3 static 5 flashing; one nose wheel landing light; 2 wing tip static nav lights; 2 wing tip double flash strobe lights ; 2 single flash RED beacon lights, one top one bottom of fuselage and one triple flash strobe light top rear of fuselage. finished off with the USA decal sheet from the Freewing 90mm T-45.

Nose wheel light from Freewing 90mm F-22
                  Static RED, GREEN Nav lights top triple flash strobe light and both RED single flash beacon lights FMS 1400mm T-28
                  Both wing tip double flash strobe light from top of Freewing 80mm Avanti S
                  Paint from Lowes Valspar water base sample paint
                  Decals from Freewing 90mm T-45

youtube lights https://youtu.be/1meNw82EIKk

Kenny

Comment

• Radar-Guy,

Thank you, Frank, for your efforts, design work, and access to that work. You are a "man after my own heart," Sir and share a willingness that is all too scarce in today's world. Respectfully, Steve
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• My friend Gregg and I did some formation flying on Sunday, and our field photographer was nice enough to take some photos of the flights. Over two flights, we tried to get the formation as tight as possible. This was a lot of fun and we're looking forward to flying again. The Freewing T-33 is a phenomenal flying aircraft, and a home run hit in my opinion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200312_081211.jpg Views:	7 Size:	40.0 KB ID:	241930Click image for larger version  Name:	20200312_081049.jpg Views:	6 Size:	35.5 KB ID:	241932Click image for larger version  Name:	20200311_224719.jpg Views:	6 Size:	32.1 KB ID:	241931

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                        My friend Gregg and I did some formation flying on Sunday, and our field photographer was nice enough to take some photos of the flights. Over two flights, we tried to get the formation as tight as possible. This was a lot of fun and we're looking forward to flying again. The Freewing T-33 is a phenomenal flying aircraft, and a home run hit in my opinion.
                        That's a great photo. You guys fly so good. If we flew that close, one or both planes would be taking a dirt nap.

Comment

• T-CAT Say hi to Ken and Greg for me, T-Cat! You and Greg had those birds in tight! I can tell it's not just a forced perspective of proximity, because both planes are so close in relative size. Those were CLOSE!

That would make for excellent onboard camera footage, too.
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Yes they are impressively close
                            The really nice thing though with EDF's is they didn't have to worry about foam hacking props.
                            I can still remember 3 years ago @ NEFI the sight n sound of Pilot Ryan's and my close formation aerial interaction with our FMS 1500 P-47 Razorbacks whereas my HSD Skyraider prop mod hacked him into an explosion of foam confetti.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              That's a great photo. You guys fly so good. If we flew that close, one or both planes would be taking a dirt nap.
                              Thank you! It was a great deal of fun. Thankfully we trust each other enough to fly in formation, communicate as well as we can, and try to fly as smooth and predictably as possible to minimize the risk, yet minimize the distance between aircraft.

Comment

• That's one fantastic cockpit Radar-Guy!!!
                                https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                  T-CAT Say hi to Ken and Greg for me, T-Cat! You and Greg had those birds in tight! I can tell it's not just a forced perspective of proximity, because both planes are so close in relative size. Those were CLOSE!

That would make for excellent onboard camera footage, too.
                                  Thanks Alpha! I definitely will. We all miss you at the field, and hope you're doing well and staying safe and healthy. We always wish you the best and look forward to seeing you again some day.

We had to do multiple passes at this distance to ensure Ken was able to get the shots. The first time he missed it and he was yelling because he loved the way the shot looked . Next time we'll put a camera on the jet(s) for some footage.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                    Yes they are impressively close
                                    The really nice thing though with EDF's is they didn't have to worry about foam hacking props.
                                    I can still remember 3 years ago @ NEFI the sight n sound of Pilot Ryan's and my close formation aerial interaction with our FMS 1500 P-47 Razorbacks whereas my HSD Skyraider prop mod hacked him into an explosion of foam confetti.
                                    That's so true OV10. It's amazing what those props will do in minimal time.

Comment

Thank you! It was a great deal of fun. Thankfully we trust each other enough to fly in formation, communicate as well as we can, and try to fly as smooth and predictably as possible to minimize the risk, yet minimize the distance between aircraft.
                                      I've done military fixed wing and rotary wing formation flight, and that's how it's done in real world as well communication during the flight and lead chalk flying smooth and predictable. The only additional step would be a briefing on the ground prior to flying and a debriefing after lol.

Having identical aircraft verses a mixed formation also helps immensely.

Comment

That's so true OV10. It's amazing what those props will do in minimal time.
                                        OH I KNOW. Later in the year after the Razor incident, down at Triple Tree eWeek (now Fall Nall) I come up under Tired Iron's 1200mm Corsair with the FW A-10 and his prop cut the Rx our of the turtleback and the Warty lost.
                                        RCJetDude captured a vid of it and TI gladly twisted my horns. Most horrendous crash sound that was heard all over the place.
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I've done military fixed wing and rotary wing formation flight, and that's how it's done in real world as well communication during the flight and lead chalk flying smooth and predictable. The only additional step would be a briefing on the ground prior to flying and a debriefing after lol.

Having identical aircraft verses a mixed formation also helps immensely.
                                          LOL, that's awesome. You're right about the same airframe with the same power systems, etc. It's easier to call out estimated throttle percentage, etc. We fly formation with 5-6 jets at a time and all have designated positions and sometimes the planes are all different, so it takes extra care to judge speeds, timing, etc. Formation flying is an absolute blast and it really is neat to see as they all fly by show center.

Comment

Working...
                                          X