X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

OH I KNOW. Later in the year after the Razor incident, down at Triple Tree eWeek (now Fall Nall) I come up under Tired Iron's 1200mm Corsair with the FW A-10 and his prop cut the Rx our of the turtleback and the Warty lost.
    RCJetDude captured a vid of it and TI gladly twisted my horns. Most horrendous crash sound that was heard all over the place.
    Wow! Now THAT was loud. I can imagine everyone heard that easily. The collision was loud, but that prop. sound was serious. Both of those jets are pretty good size too.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

LOL, that's awesome. You're right about the same airframe with the same power systems, etc. It's easier to call out estimated throttle percentage, etc. We fly formation with 5-6 jets at a time and all have designated positions and sometimes the planes are all different, so it takes extra care to judge speeds, timing, etc. Formation flying is an absolute blast and it really is neat to see as they all fly by show center.
      Precision formation flying is not everyone's cup of tea, especially EDF RC pilots I've found. Sounds like you have a great flight group there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Precision formation flying is not everyone's cup of tea, especially EDF RC pilots I've found. Sounds like you have a great flight group there.
        Our field is very busy, but thankfully many pilots there are a great bunch of people and really learn from one another, enjoy the hobby tremendously, and promote it well. I have been fortunate to have begun RC at this field, and I truly hope it stays around forever or as long as it can at least.

Comment

• Hi just wondering where to place my admiral pro 4000mah battery in my german t33 for my maiden and wondered if you guys had any exact measurements or any placements that work really well.
          Any help appreciated,

Fred

Comment

• Originally posted by FredGB View Post
            Hi just wondering where to place my admiral pro 4000mah battery in my german t33 for my maiden and wondered if you guys had any exact measurements or any placements that work really well.
            Any help appreciated,

Fred
            Fred,

Just make a tiny mark on top of the wings where your CG should be, strap the battery to the middle of the tray, extend your landing gear, and balance the plane upside down on those marks that you made with your finger tips. If the tail tilts back flip the plane over and move the battery forward a bit, strap it down and try again. Just move there battery in the opposite direction that plane tilts, until it's balanced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Fred,

Just make a tiny mark on top of the wings where your CG should be, strap the battery to the middle of the tray, extend your landing gear, and balance the plane upside down on those marks that you made with your finger tips. If the tail tilts back flip the plane over and move the battery forward a bit, strap it down and try again. Just move there battery in the opposite direction that plane tilts, until it's balanced.
              thank you very much for the help

Fred

Comment

thank you very much for the help

Fred
                My pleasure

Comment

• Hello does anyone know what the takeoff roll for the t33 is on grass approx?

Fred

Comment

Hello does anyone know what the takeoff roll for the t33 is on grass approx?

Fred
                    Not all grass is the same. This would be really tough to answer even in approximations.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Not all grass is the same. This would be really tough to answer even in approximations.
                      You are right that is a tough question thanks again James

Fred

Comment

• is there somebody using the extraordinary „Miss America“-scheme?

Comment

• Originally posted by reztom View Post
                          is there somebody using the extraordinary „Miss America“-scheme?
                          RT, I have not seen the T-33 "Miss America" Livery. Got a Picture? Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Global Aerojet has the 2 meter turbine version in these colors --- $2100

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Aero_AJT33_04-03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.5 KB ID:	243420
                              Is this it?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Another fun sortie on the T33 from Motion RC!

Comment

• Let's play a game!
                                  My T-33 started life as a German scheme. I'm in the process of re-doing it... and the picture below is a hint.

What scheme am I going for???
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
                                    Let's play a game! What scheme am I going for???
                                    AMK, The other OEM scheme? Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hahaha!
                                      I *knew* someone would go to that! But not quite... how about another hint?

*Note* This is not the actual location of the graphics
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	AA6CE839-F90A-4455-A6B4-D8BDEE6E435D.jpeg
Views:	1055
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	245598

Comment

• I need to repaint my rudder (USAF) and was wondering what rattle-can shade/brand of red is my closest match?

Comment

Working...
                                          X