X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pilot Stan View Post
    I'm fond of US Navy aircraft and just completed converting my Freewing T-33 into a Lockheed US Navy TV-2 (haven't seen that anyone has done this yet). Used "Wings Palette" off the internet to pick the flight squadron scheme, federal colors from Model Masters to get the colors right, and Callie Graphics to complete the look.
    Your very first post and ya knock it out of the park. NICE TV-2
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Wow!!! I had a BVM T33 painted up like that and loved it in the air!
      Motion R/C...you guys need to do this scheme...you would sell a ship load of them.
      My buddies and I would take 18 kits to start!!!

dw

Comment

• Pilot Stan Excellent choice and sharp execution, Pilot Stan, welcome to Hobby Squawk! 'Looking forward to seeing more of your hangar!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I saw a post this morning of a T-33 that was crashed do to an unrecoverable inverted spin. Pilot said it was not recoverable after entering spin. Anyone else heard of this happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
            I saw a post this morning of a T-33 that was crashed do to an unrecoverable inverted spin. Pilot said it was not recoverable after entering spin. Anyone else heard of this happening?
            Hi

OK, and where can it be found to read ore see????

grts Hans

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
              I saw a post this morning of a T-33 that was crashed do to an unrecoverable inverted spin. Pilot said it was not recoverable after entering spin. Anyone else heard of this happening?
              I guess the real question is why would someone do an inverted flat spin with a T-33? But then, if you re going to do it, make sure you have enough altitude to be able to point your nose back down, build airspeed and recover.

Comment

• Was it 50 feet from the ground when it started?

Comment

• I got it from a post on one of the RC sites, can't find it now. Here us the pic posted along with it. Not much info other than he was plenty high enough and put it into the spin and said plane was not recoverable. I was told that Bob Violet T-33's would get into a tumble if stalled in vertical and not recover. I was able to recover mine from a tumble. I was just asking if this is common with this model as I don't want to lose it and would fly it more conservatively.

Comment

• my t33 finally dropped on of the mains on landing on grass worst part was I pulled on it before maiden and seemed solid... clear gorilla glue to the rescue...and had to order the gear doors set as it broke inner gear door...

Comment

• More flights on my -33 today and as usual she behaved impeccably but a lot of my paint is starting to flake off at wing/tail tips, cockpit edging etc. My earlier F/W models are not doing this so -- are they skipping surface cleaning, has the nature of the EPO surface changed ? Something has changed and it isn't for the better ! I can peel it off as though it were after a teenage sunburn !

Comment

• Oh ja,die Farbe hält nicht sehr gut,bei meiner Phantom ist es genauso.

Comment

• Received my USA T33 today.
                          Easy build, and I had to remove dead weight in nose, mine is 68 grams.
                          I have 6S5000-50C Rhino LIPO, weight is 900 gram.
                          Had to move blue box, I checked soldering and I thought one ore 2 where not good, so I re soldered board just to be save, will see?
                          Also I checked main LG pulled on it and it seems to be tight! Hoop so?

grts Hans Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4873.JPG Views:	0 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	259361

ps I contacted MotionRC EU about bluebox and landing gear glue issues, answer is

We are in constant contact with the Freewing factory to make them aware of any quality issues that are highlighted by our customers, including the ones you mentioned. Freewing have assured us that any problems mentioned have been investigated and corrected.

Comment

• Friday 12 of June 2020

this morning flew my new T33, well nothing strange to report.
                            Flew right out of the box, no trimming.
                            Fly form grass field and moved CG 10-15mm back, no problem rotating from grass.
                            Was a bit windy and due to CG a bit more aft plane was sensitive to gusty wind condition.(gyro will be helpful)
                            Normally I fly my planes in windy condition CG more forward, but for this plane no option rotating from grass during take off.
                            Also one advantage is when CG is more aft amp draw is less, I did read 30Amps at half throttle.
                            Because I fly from grass I use protection on my cheater air intake to prevent dirt damage.

grts Hans
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4874.JPG Views:	1 Size:	305.2 KB ID:	259573
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4875.JPG
Views:	1061
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	259579

Comment

• well i don't know how to get it into a flat spin and if its inverted I might as well try all kind i
                              of stick movements I know from flyin' real planes how to get out so id try that first I guess lol

Comment

• Modification to wiring to wing.

I have to remove wing in order to transport my plane to the field.
                                Those 2 wires are to much , there must be a way to eliminate one.
                                Easy fix, flap has 2 point on circuit board, so I took a servo female to female cable and connect one board to the other for flap.
                                And solder jumper from one board to the other for aileron and gear.
                                Plus and Minus are fed through cable from flap to flap.
                                Also I use the box from shipping for transport to the field.
                                Tested and is working great.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4886.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	259803Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4888.JPG Views:	0 Size:	219.7 KB ID:	259804Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4887.JPG Views:	0 Size:	96.5 KB ID:	259801 I Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4884.JPG
Views:	931
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	259809Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4885.JPG Views:	0 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	259807
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Ron, she does spin rather well, not flat but with my CG she goes into a very lazy spin. A friend spun his F/W F-4 all the way to the ground last week - it was very true to scale and almost beautiful to watch !! Did not do much damage as it was fairly flat but he had forgotten about opposite rudder/down elevator !

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
                                    Ron, she does spin rather well, not flat but with my CG she goes into a very lazy spin. A friend spun his F/W F-4 all the way to the ground last week - it was very true to scale and almost beautiful to watch !! Did not do much damage as it was fairly flat but he had forgotten about opposite rudder/down elevator !
                                    If the FW F-4 flies true to scale it wouldn't have help even if he had made the appropriate stop spin corrections. I remember watching a declassified Air Force video on the spin characteristics of the F-4. The only way to recover her from a flat spin was to pop the drag shoot in flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
                                      More flights on my -33 today and as usual she behaved impeccably but a lot of my paint is starting to flake off at wing/tail tips, cockpit edging etc. My earlier F/W models are not doing this so -- are they skipping surface cleaning, has the nature of the EPO surface changed ? Something has changed and it isn't for the better ! I can peel it off as though it were after a teenage sunburn !
                                      Yes i agree. First off i LOVE this jet. Power, efficiency, sound,presence. Only two negatives i can think of is 1) Shouldve had L39 lighting kit stock and 2) Flaky ass paint;) Minor annoyances and easily fixed.

Comment

• Well I found in manual on page 2 I think this

Click image for larger version  Name:	t33 scale led lights.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	260005

and here is written....Scale LED lights....well I can find them ha ha....

and where is LIPO........

So freewing, and MotionRC, you can send them to me so I can install them????

grts Hans

Comment

• Last time I had my T-33 out I got it into a spin out of a vertical upline snap that required opposite control to get out of. I was surprised to be watching it spin with controls centered, most models won't do that. It was hard to tell which way it was spinning but down elevator and some stick wiggling got it recovered. I still think it is when those big tip tanks take over that funny stuff happens post stall.
                                          I put a voltage sensor in mine and a friend and I circled around doing slow and low passes for almost 8 minutes (7:45 on mine) still did some fast stuff and landed with 33% in the 5000, wow.

Comment

Working...
                                          X