X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James View Post

Actually, got a beater L-39 now that is getting a Batwing makeover ;)
    That will be awesome!

Comment

• Got mine ordered ........... silver coming my way soon. Will be changing the livery, and being silver I'll have several options, maybe with a little artistic licence thrown in.

Alfa, I agree completely with the 2 week notice for pre-order. We're all just big kids here and we want or toy's yesterday. There's noting so agonizing to see a beloved aircraft that will be available in ........... 3,4, months or maybe next year ...............
      Keep'm coming MRC .............. I may have to sell the kids or the wife ...... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tp777fo View Post
        I've got 900 hours in this beast. 95th Fighter Interceptor Training Squadron. One will be headed my way. Good subject for K45 turbine.

The last pic...thats me flying my jet. About 1982.
        Great Stuff Tom! What was your primary or final weapon system? I flew vipers for about 8 years or so.. Also what are you fly'n now?
        -Turtle'
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capt Raphael.png
Views:	1316
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	226156

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	A574150F-6259-4B8C-9535-03B6265FCF0C.jpeg
Views:	1300
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	226165I was lucky to see a German version maiden at Black Star Field, Thursday. Really impressed at how fast and nimble the T-33 flew, and with vey docile/forgiving landing characteristics - stalls gently toward. Also the in-runner and 9 blade fan made a very realistic turbo jet whine. Took some stills to share...

Name:	01F8D3C0-0CD3-45A4-BA05-1D58D8CD3DEB.jpeg
Views:	1277
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	226164

Click image for larger version  Name:	79CFC2C8-1A65-4949-8E0B-E31534F787FA.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	226160Click image for larger version  Name:	D9585151-3B3D-4911-A83F-6741F7EFEC5E.jpeg Views:	13 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	226159
          Last edited by Turbinefancy; Jan 4, 2020, 06:15 AM. Reason: Added more photos
          YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
          Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Ordered the German scheme, I'm rarely impulsive on these new releases!
            It will be fun to fly with others at the Jet Jam!
            Good Work Motion Team!

Comment

• Ahhhh Jet Jam!!! 6 months away! :-)
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I’m not into warbird/jet trainers as a rule, but this T-33 scratches several itches. Pre-ordered the US version last night, but was definitely tempted by the German version.

The only drawback that I saw in James’ unboxing/assembly video is that the servos are prewired into a ribbon cable, to be run through a controller/sequencer box. I know that most PNF flyers like this ribbon-cable feature for ease of assembly, but I’m fortunate to be able to transport my planes to/from the field without having to remove the wings. My real gripe is that I don’t like routing my ailerons and elevator through the blue box (I’ve been bitten by bad solder connections within the controller boxes in the past, which didn’t show up during the range test, but almost caused a crash on the maiden flight). Also, I prefer to give each aileron servo it’s own RX channel. So, I’m hoping that I’ll be able to easily undo the ribbon-cable, so that I can bypass the blue box for ailerons and elevator. If not, the world won’t come to an end. LOL
                ---
                Warbirder

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	33CC5579-F122-4C95-8BF7-776DBB6D0822.jpeg
Views:	1321
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	226172It flies so well, I am ordering one as a FPV jet trainer. I will be flying with head-tracking camera at pilot eye position — with reflector gunsight for genuine ACM training — as real as it gets!

Name:	CA456BA0-9895-4937-ADCD-1B638396C6F6.jpeg
Views:	1311
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	226169

Attached Files
                  YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                  Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• A question about cooling air for the battery arose on another forum. What can you tell us about that? Thanks, Dave

Comment

• Ordered the silver version this morning. I am also not a fan of the junction boxes for terminating servos. I lost a Freewing BaE Hawk on it's maiden flight because of a loose solder connection in that stupid blue box!

Comment

• This has the MCBe box which has been much less criticized on the forums.

Comment

• Anyone know why MRC chose to use the slightly higher kV motor with 9 blades vice the high perf F86/A-6 setup with their inrunner 12 blade setup? I’ve ordered the ARF version and plan to install the power system I have available from the High Perf A-6E.

Comment

• I hope to do the same but am having a hard time finding sources for Head Tracking gear. Do you have any info you could share? I can start from the ground up on cameras and goggles.

I don’t plan to do it on this jet initially but want to start leaning forward with FPV. I have the Eagletree Vector system with the OSD but haven’t even cracked open the manual on that.

Can you PM me?

Vic

Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post

Name:	33CC5579-F122-4C95-8BF7-776DBB6D0822.jpeg
Views:	1321
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	226172It flies so well, I am ordering one as a FPV jet trainer. I will be flying with head-tracking camera at pilot eye position — with reflector gunsight for genuine ACM training — as real as it gets!

Name:	CA456BA0-9895-4937-ADCD-1B638396C6F6.jpeg
Views:	1311
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	226169

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr D View Post
                              Anyone know why MRC chose to use the slightly higher kV motor with 9 blades vice the high perf F86/A-6 setup with their inrunner 12 blade setup? I’ve ordered the ARF version and plan to install the power system I have available from the High Perf A-6E.
                              Freewing has been moving to less blades and more Kv on many setups for the best blend of performance and the amperage is less taxing on the ESC. The 9-blade and 1920Kv motor on the new T-33 sound AMAZING! Very jet-like just like the F-86. The ducting is very clean with a large cheater hole as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post
                                A question about cooling air for the battery arose on another forum. What can you tell us about that? Thanks, Dave
                                I saw that and posted this pic.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200104_113221.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.5 KB ID:	226196
                                feels like much ado about nothing though as the L-39 I have sitting next to it has no noticeable openings to let air into that hatch. If your batteries are getting excessively hot after a flight, you probably have an electronics issue.

Comment

• Ordered the US version. I really enjoy the older birds!

Comment

• Turbinefancy Thanks again for all the help Thursday!!! I couldn't have maidened both the T-33 and AL37 and got some good pics by myself. It takes a team sometimes. I can't wait to see the FPV footage from your T-33 man!

Name:	IMG_1203.JPEG
Views:	1251
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	226199

Name:	IMG_1204.JPEG
Views:	1160
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	226200

Comment

• So many options

Comment

• If I'm looking at it correctly, the picture that was posted that showed the CG mark, showed it on the underside, right? A low wing plane like this, I tend to balance upside down, so I would have liked to see the marks on the top side. No biggie, that's what rulers are for.

Comment

• Sounds good at flight idle doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                          X