Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
    'I won’t use the blue box or use [B]spektrum'[/B
    Admiral receivers are not made by Spectrum. Why blame them?

Mike
    Unless I am missing some thing Nobody said Admiral rec. were made by Spektrum . To be more Specific And to the point the first three Admiral receiver I have ever used Were involved in the crash all three planes that I put them in follow all recommendations and antenna placement, or it may have been a combination of the rec. and the Blue MCB these three planes I mentioned in an early post are the only three planes I have lost in over five years. The planes I have mentioned are the only three planes I have lost due to Mysterious signal loss In all my 40 some years of flying. Nobody likes loosing a plane no matter how it happened. The the three lost were with the same trans. There is nothing wrong with it I have been flying many other planes numerous times since with no issue. The Admiral rec. are supposed to be compatible with spectrum Transmitter's but after loosing three planes I have my doubts on that

Comment

• Thank You for the info Mizer, that was very helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

Unless I am missing some thing Nobody said Admiral rec. were made by Spektrum . To be more Specific And to the point the first three Admiral receiver I have ever used Were involved in the crash all three planes that I put them in follow all recommendations and antenna placement, or it may have been a combination of the rec. and the Blue MCB these three planes I mentioned in an early post are the only three planes I have lost in over five years. The planes I have mentioned are the only three planes I have lost due to Mysterious signal loss In all my 40 some years of flying. Nobody likes loosing a plane no matter how it happened. The the three lost were with the same trans. There is nothing wrong with it I have been flying many other planes numerous times since with no issue. The Admiral rec. are supposed to be compatible with spectrum Transmitter's but after loosing three planes I have my doubts on that
        He mentioned Spektrum.
        Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I’m running Spektrum remote receivers with an Aura 8 on three of my Freewing EDF’s. I always install one of these little gems for insurance. Never had a single issue.
          The Voltage Protector from Spektrum, the leader in spread spectrum radio control.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
            I’m running Spektrum remote receivers with an Aura 8 on three of my Freewing EDF’s. I always install one of these little gems for insurance. Never had a single issue.
            https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdID=SPM1600

MRC has the same thing for $1.99. I imagine it should've been considered a "clue" for me when the new A3L V2 Gyros from Hobby Eagle ship with one of these caps. included that there are potential issues with these gyros causing brown outs.

Regardless if an 8A BEC should be able to handle the servo load with room to spare, something about them is spiking the voltage.

I had one of these plug-in caps. on the Mirage. It won't prevent a full brown out unfortunately, that I can attest to, but also learned that newer receivers recover faster than my old Lemon as the software has them searching on the channel they shut down on first, before cycling through other options. A capacitor like this may have prevented the "light" brown outs my F-22 had though, given the separate BEC brought power back within a second or two. That combined with the new receiver protocol gives a little measure of security, but not as much as a separate power source like a receiver pack.

Comment

• I can’t say for sure it’s prevented any brownout issues in my case. But I haven’t had any noticeable receiver problems while using the capacitors. Not to mention I’m running the factory blue box in my T-33, Aura 8 with two remote DSMX receivers. And I absolutely agree one would think an 8A BEC should carry the load. But the little capacitors are cheap insurance especially when using a gyro. I also forgot to mention installing a capacitor on my F-5 with an Aura 8 removed an aileron servo jitter I was getting while extending flaps. They are also good for smoothing things out a little.

Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post

https://www.motionrc.com/products/ho...plug-capacitor

MRC has the same thing for $1.99. I imagine it should've been considered a "clue" for me when the new A3L V2 Gyros from Hobby Eagle ship with one of these caps. included that there are potential issues with these gyros causing brown outs.

Regardless if an 8A BEC should be able to handle the servo load with room to spare, something about them is spiking the voltage.

I had one of these plug-in caps. on the Mirage. It won't prevent a full brown out unfortunately, that I can attest to, but also learned that newer receivers recover faster than my old Lemon as the software has them searching on the channel they shut down on first, before cycling through other options. A capacitor like this may have prevented the "light" brown outs my F-22 had though, given the separate BEC brought power back within a second or two. That combined with the new receiver protocol gives a little measure of security, but not as much as a separate power source like a receiver pack.

Comment

• Well..... I loved my T-33 and so did all the guys at the field but she was lost last week :( After 10 great flights I lost everything and that was it. No issues prior, but for some reason I lost all control. After picking up the wreckage and bringing it home I could not get it to bind to three different receivers. The ESC and EDF were untouched from the crash. I could of sold a hundred of those little jets at my field before that happened lol. I guess I’ll stick with my turbines but she was fun while it lasted.

Attached Files

Comment

• That's a shame! Maybe a blue box that finally reared its ugly head? Anyway, not being able to bind to 3 different RXs may only be relevant to that particular plane. You can bind a RX outside a plane by powering it with an external BEC plugged into it. I typically bind my RX long before it ever goes into the plane. I would suggest you take another look at the BEC. It may very well not be sending any "proper" power to the RX. So don't throw away those RXs just yet. It's likely there's nothing wrong with them.

Comment

• I’m sorry Warpug, just lost mine the exact same way a couple days ago. 2nd flight, I loved it. I’ll be getting another one, I loved it so much. Which type of rx were you using?

Comment

• Yes, it’s a great flying jet. The RXs I tried after the crash are fine. It’s not the receivers I was using for testing. I might consider another one but at $400 a pop it’s a little hard to swallow.

Comment

• About loosing control.

Well It is a strange ongoing story what is the cause of this happening to yours T33 ore other planes loosing control.
                        Is the BLUEBOX at fault.... I don't know at this moment. I still flying mine with it...
                        Maybe I will put elevator and front gear direct to my RCVR, I fly Taranis Frsky.

About BEC (UBEC,SBEC or liniar BEC)
                        I was reading on MRC website CC BEC10A.
                        See explanation below form site.

Castle Creations 10A Switched BEC - 010-0004-00

The Castle 10A BEC is a staple in RC and makes the perfect upgrade to the OEM equipment found in any plane. Some find it wise to disable the low amp BEC included with some planes (by remove the center wire from the ESC) and use an external switched BEC such as this 10A Castle BEC. This will ensure you have plenty of power for your servos, retracts, and receiver. A Proper setup using this Castle 10A BEC will help prevent brown outs which some popular receiver brands are prone to. With this BEC you have the option to use the flight battery pack or a separate battery pack to power the servos, lights, retracts, and receiver. The BEC includes a JR connector to connect to the receiver and bare wires on the other side. Please see diagram or instructions for proper connection.

Well this make may day confusing........

Just thinking along to keep us flying save and not loosing any planes due to mystery lost of control....

Regards Hans

Comment

• Originally posted by WarPug View Post
                          Yes, it’s a great flying jet. The RXs I tried after the crash are fine. It’s not the receivers I was using for testing. I might consider another one but at $400 a pop it’s a little hard to swallow.
                          Did you check yours ESC BEC voltage...was it OK?

grts Hans

Comment

• Your text in bold is there to sell a product, nothing more. The Hobbywing ESCs in these planes have proven excellent. I actually think the CC BECs have had a worse failure rate than the Hobbywing ESCs. Also the ESC has a 5A BEC and the Castle is 10A peak, 5A continuous (with proper ventilation).

While some think that having a separate BEC is a good safety margin, they are separate circuits in the ESC and, in my opinion, adding a separate BEC is more dangerous due to added wiring and connections. My opinion.

Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post
                            About loosing control.

Well It is a strange ongoing story what is the cause of this happening to yours T33 ore other planes loosing control.
                            Is the BLUEBOX at fault.... I don't know at this moment. I still flying mine with it...
                            Maybe I will put elevator and front gear direct to my RCVR, I fly Taranis Frsky.

About BEC (UBEC,SBEC or liniar BEC)
                            I was reading on MRC website CC BEC10A.
                            See explanation below form site.

Castle Creations 10A Switched BEC - 010-0004-00

The Castle 10A BEC is a staple in RC and makes the perfect upgrade to the OEM equipment found in any plane. Some find it wise to disable the low amp BEC included with some planes (by remove the center wire from the ESC) and use an external switched BEC such as this 10A Castle BEC. This will ensure you have plenty of power for your servos, retracts, and receiver. A Proper setup using this Castle 10A BEC will help prevent brown outs which some popular receiver brands are prone to. With this BEC you have the option to use the flight battery pack or a separate battery pack to power the servos, lights, retracts, and receiver. The BEC includes a JR connector to connect to the receiver and bare wires on the other side. Please see diagram or instructions for proper connection.

Well this make may day confusing........

Just thinking along to keep us flying save and not loosing any planes due to mystery lost of control....

Regards Hans

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              Your text in bold is there to sell a product, nothing more. The Hobbywing ESCs in these planes have proven excellent. I actually think the CC BECs have had a worse failure rate than the Hobbywing ESCs. Also the ESC has a 5A BEC and the Castle is 10A peak, 5A continuous (with proper ventilation).

While some think that having a separate BEC is a good safety margin, they are separate circuits in the ESC and, in my opinion, adding a separate BEC is more dangerous due to added wiring and connections. My opinion.

Hello

No I'm not try to sell anything.
                              I just thinking along about issues regarding this T33, I saw that on MRC and it makes me wonder that this was mentioned over there....
                              I use 2 of these CC10A bec in my planes and had never an issue with them, I have them set on 5,5 volts.
                              With OPTO ESC you have to use a separate BEC so that's why I have them installed in my plane and in my gas plane I also use one.
                              Hopefully those guys that lost there T33 find problem, BLEUBOX RCVR, ore BEC from ESC???.
                              Would be great to know what problem is.

Regards Hans

Comment

• Sorry, I was saying that the bold is them, not you, trying to sell a product. I understand the need for a separate BEC for Opto set ups and I do feel that the CC BEC is a good product.

In my T-33 I pulled out the wing interconnection cables and plugs and wired everything directly to the receiver except retracts and lights that went to the MCBe. While I think some issues are with the blue boxes, the MCBe has proven better than older BB's. I still see a lot of people with receiver issues at my field (all brands) due to receiver or antennae placement. Many never do range checks, Some don't even know how.

I don't think the ESC is the reason for these crashes and agree it would be great to know why people are crashing especially if the crash was not the pilots fault.

Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post

Hello

No I'm not try to sell anything.
                                I just thinking along about issues regarding this T33, I saw that on MRC and it makes me wonder that this was mentioned over there....
                                I use 2 of these CC10A bec in my planes and had never an issue with them, I have them set on 5,5 volts.
                                With OPTO ESC you have to use a separate BEC so that's why I have them installed in my plane and in my gas plane I use also one.
                                Hopefully those guys that lost there T33 find problem, BLEUBOX ore RCVR.
                                Would be great to know what problem is.

Regards Hans

Comment

• Agree with Even D that receiver and antenna placement could be the cause of loss of control issues. Looking at the rats nest of wires in my T-33 and the big battery up front, metallic interference are a plenty inside the relatively compact fuselage. I orient my long range receiver antannae one down the side of intake wall and the other pointed back along wire channel going back to the tail - far from metallic influences. And range checked great even at twice recommend distance.

Wishing everyone safe flying and Happy Independence Day!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                  Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry680AS View Post
                                    Hey guys, finally had the chance to maiden today. On the second flight turning base to final I had no response from the controls and in a shallow descending turn it went straight in. Battery still had 30%, using an Admiral Carbon 5100mah with a Admiral receiver. Do you think it could have been the blue box? Anyway, this plane was incredible to fly. I’ll definitely buy another, maybe I won’t use the blue box or use spektrum. Has anyone had an issue like this?
                                    I lost a brand new Bae Hawk high performance a few weeks ago with an admiral RX700T on the maiden flight. The receiver stopped talking to the transmitter on the takeoff roll. The aircraft subsequently went airborne, rolled inverted and crashed. I then bought a new T-33 and another RX700T with a satellite antenna. Today I went out to maiden it and had someone look at it to make sure it was fine just for another pair of eyes. Then I did a range check at maybe 150ft which worked fine. I then taxied it down to the end of the runway and almost at the end, I lost communication with the receiver. There is a 2 ft high hedge that runs parallel to the runway. One of the guys said raise your transmitter, which I did and when my arms were parallel to the ground, comm was re-established. I taxied to the other end of the runway with the same results. This was completely unacceptable to me and I wasn't about to fly the airplane. I came home and then drove 2 hours round trip to buy 2 Spektrum receivers. One for this airplane and one for the Bae Hawk I purchased to replace the lost Hawk. I'm completely off Admiral until they get it together. Really wanted them to work, but just cannot trust them at all at this point.

Comment

• Wow!! Okay, so I’m not the only one having issues. It’s really a shame to lose these beautiful birds. I could have sold a ton of these at my field. It flew absolutely fantastic! I would like to do another but with too many unknowns with the Freewing equipment I just don’t know if I’m willing to risk another $400.

Comment

• Just to add to the LOS that is going around. My L39 has a JR 11X radio and Spectrum 6ch rcvr. I had a short sat cable and they were both back behind the battery and i had a signal loss and was able to recover thank goodness. I got lazy and had the all the cabling bunched up around the recvr's and the light bulb went off so i installed a longer sat cable to place it way up front and placed a logger on the rcvr. All following flights had NO hits or loses. My 2cents is that is goes back to receiver installation and using a sat moved away from the interference culprits.
                                        Without further post crash testing, im still not ruling out possible bluebox issues with other people and what they report but again i have not had any further signal glitches.

Comment

• I am not having any issue's with my newly assembled ARF PLUS., with the power system out of the first one. I am using my DX8 trans. with an AR8010T rec. The first three flights I still had the Flaps and gear running threw the MRC (BB). I did not like the 4 or more second delay with the gear so I routed the gear around the (BB) MCB. Now when I actuate the gear they come down with no delay same as up gear no delay.P.S. I still have all my gasser's on my JR 11X . I updated it last Summer to DSMX I have none of my planes with DSM2 receiver. We can not fly tonight due to Trump going up to ( MOUNT RUSHMORE ) From EAFB. to watch the Fire Works Display. The FAA has NOTAM's out and TFR's for the surrounding area for a 30 mile radius from Keystone, and a 10 mile radius from EAFB and Rapid City Air Port or RAP on the charts from the ground to 17,999 ft. AGL. from 6:30 tonight until 1:00 am the 4th.

Comment

Working...
                                          X