Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi Guys, i would like to add telemetry just to know what the flight pack state is, im flying Spektrum which method would you guys suggest, ie do i need their esc as well or can i read everything from a telemetry receiver?

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Areofoil View Post
      hi Guys, i would like to add telemetry just to know what the flight pack state is, im flying Spektrum which method would you guys suggest, ie do i need their esc as well or can i read everything from a telemetry receiver?

thanks
      A Spektrum receiver with telemetry will work just fine.
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Don't you need a "smart" battery and a "smart" ESC before you can see what the flight pack voltage is?

Comment

• You will need something in line with your battery to measure the pack. Just having a telemetry receiver will not do it. I have used this with my Spektrum

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Don't you need a "smart" battery and a "smart" ESC before you can see what the flight pack voltage is?
            Unfortunately if you don't want to buy the "extras" then you have to cut into the positive wire insulation coming from the ESC and slide the positive in on the wire that is "included" then tape that up and tape off the negative. It sucks, but its better than having to buy the smart stuff or all the the telemetry add ons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chilly Bear View Post

Unfortunately if you don't want to buy the "extras" then you have to cut into the positive wire insulation coming from the ESC and slide the positive in on the wire that is "included" then tape that up and tape off the negative. It sucks, but its better than having to buy the smart stuff or all the the telemetry add ons.
              There must be an easier way. With my Lemon telemetry RXs that I've been getting lately, it comes with a single wire lead that you push into the end pin socket of the battery's balance plug.

Comment

• I just like to fly. I have no interest in all the new tech Telemetry stuff other than the Air Speed indicators I have installed. I have purchased the new Smart checker though has all the info you need. The less crap you have in the plane the less things you will have problems with IMHO. I know their are many out there that want all the whistles and bells they can find. I do not

Comment

• As much as my L-39 was made on a "good day of the week" this bird is my problem child. After having another round of gear problems both mains and nose gear I'd thought it was going to work for a while when I landed down the runway far enough that I didn't see the nose gear wasn't deployed. Slide.........Anyway, after my unwavering faith in the "blue box" I bypassed it on the gear and flew six flights without issue. Only bad blue box I've received, but if I have a single issue with one in the future I'm dumping it immediately.

Comment

• Is a 6S 6000 mah pack a good option for this plane ? I already have 2, so if it is, I'll will order one. I love the looks of it !
                    Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post
                      Is a 6S 6000 mah pack a good option for this plane ? I already have 2, so if it is, I'll will order one. I love the looks of it !
                      Bob
                      Depends on the weight of the pack. I use a RoaringTop 6S 6250 35C in mine. It weighs 28.4 oz / 805g. Before I knew there was 3 oz of lead in the nose installed at the factory, I had it shoved all the way back to the blue box. Once I removed those weights, I was able to move it all the way forward in the battery tray.

So if your 6000 packs weigh 31.4 oz / 890g or less, you will be fine.
                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                        Depends on the weight of the pack. I use a RoaringTop 6S 6250 35C in mine. It weighs 28.4 oz / 805g. Before I knew there was 3 oz of lead in the nose installed at the factory, I had it shoved all the way back to the blue box. Once I removed those weights, I was able to move it all the way forward in the battery tray.

So if your 6000 packs weigh 31.4 oz / 890g or less, you will be fine.
                        Thanks Pat. I probably never would have found out about the nose weight if you hadn't mentioned it !

I placed my order just after you responded and I just got a notification it has been shipped !!!! That is great work by the folks at Motion RC !!!

Bob

Comment

• Bob,

Weight removal instructions if you need to do it:

Freewing 80mm T-33 Shooting Star Both models for banner.jpg Motion RC is excited to announce the new Freewing T-33 Shooting Star in 1/9.5 scale. Honoring the popular T-33 that flew with over 40 countries between 1948 and 2017, the Freewing T-33 faithfully represents this amazing aircraft! Constructed from EPO foam,
                          Pat

Comment

• There are two 6c batteries I am flying my T-33 with and I have removed the weights months ago. The Admiral 6c 6000 50c weighs 844g and the RT 6c 5500 70c weighs in at 825g, but the battery I am now using is the Admiral Pro 6c 4000 60c that weighs in at 642g clear forward which has lightened the T-33 and flies much nicer then with the heavier 6c batteries I have tried in it, IMHO to each there own

Comment

• Successful maiden this morning! Wet grass required a disturbingly long run before liftoff but she made it just in time :-) Just a couple clicks of elevator and she was good to go. What a great bird. Easy to fly, tons of fun and sounds fantastic.

Nice job Motion!

Comment

• Three more successful flights this morning. Loving this bird more and more.

That said... I just looked at my telemetry logs and my current sensor is showing close to 120A on the first full throttle runs after liftoff, and routinely over 100A in each subsequent full throttle period until maybe the final third of the flight, where the flight pack can't deliver that any more.

Just wondering about the 100A ESC being able to take that punishment? Anyone else check their in-flight current and do you think this is any reason to be concerned?

Thanks!

Comment

• I picked this up at Home Depot today and it’s a pretty good match for the silver on the T-33. It matches the F-86 good as well. Works perfectly for quick touch ups.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Rustoleum 2X Aluminum is also a very close match

Comment

• I forgot how awesome this plane is!! Nimble and FUN!!

Comment

• A lil p80 conversion update...taking her out for some flights in the morning. Might even get some video :)
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                                          A lil p80 conversion update...taking her out for some flights in the morning. Might even get some video :)
                                          Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                          X