Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know when Motion are expecting a restock of parts? My front landing gear collapsed yesterday and some of the parts I need are unavailable. In particular the Nose Landing Gear Connecting Pin has been out of stock for a long time now...

Comment

• Originally posted by GooberRC View Post
      Anyone know when Motion are expecting a restock of parts? My front landing gear collapsed yesterday and some of the parts I need are unavailable. In particular the Nose Landing Gear Connecting Pin has been out of stock for a long time now...
      There is stock here:

However, if you don't wish to pay the horrendous shipping cost, you will have to wait a horrendous amount of time for delivery. I paid extra for fast shipping for some T-33 parts and got it in about 10 days. You may not want to pay that kind of money for a 2 buck part.
      The other choice is to get a similar part that's in stock from another plane and modify it to make it work.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        There is stock here:

However, if you don't wish to pay the horrendous shipping cost, you will have to wait a horrendous amount of time for delivery. I paid extra for fast shipping for some T-33 parts and got it in about 10 days. You may not want to pay that kind of money for a 2 buck part.
        The other choice is to get a similar part that's in stock from another plane and modify it to make it work.
        Thanks a lot! The shipping is pretty extreme so I don't see myself paying for the express option. I'll probably take the opportunity to order a few spares to have on hand and keeps my fingers crossed they don't take months to get here!

Comment

Thanks a lot! The shipping is pretty extreme so I don't see myself paying for the express option. I'll probably take the opportunity to order a few spares to have on hand and keeps my fingers crossed they don't take months to get here!
          I'm waiting on a package from RC Castle right now. I chose the cheapest shipping. It's been a month and still waiting. The cheapest method has no tracking right after it leaves Hong Kong, so it's hard to say where it might be. I believe it goes via Singapore (SingPost) and then comes here by going the other way around the world. I've waited upwards of 2 months once but that was during the worst part of the pandemic.
          PS, I also ordered some items and paid the extra shipping. It got here in 10 days, with tracking all the way to my door.

Comment

• Since I'm ordering parts - does anyone know for sure which of the landing gear arms fit the T-33 nose gear? There are a few different types on Motion's site and none specify the T-33.

e.g. Is it this one? :

Landing Gear Steering Arm Type F from Freewing - N5224 To be used for the following Freewing/FlightLine RC aircraft: Freewing 80mm A-10 Thunderbolt FlightLine RC 1600mm F7F-3 Tigercat Freewing AL37 Freewing Jas-39 Gripen

Comment

Since I'm ordering parts - does anyone know for sure which of the landing gear arms fit the T-33 nose gear? There are a few different types on Motion's site and none specify the T-33.

e.g. Is it this one? :

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ing-arm-type-f
              That one is for an A-10, which has a 5.1mm pin. The t-33 has a 4.1mm pin. Find one that will fit onto a 4.1mm pin.

Comment

That one is for an A-10, which has a 5.1mm pin. The t-33 has a 4.1mm pin. Find one that will fit onto a 4.1mm pin.
                Thanks. There is so little detail available on these parts it can be impossible to identify the right one. I think this may be the one I need:

freewing 80mm edf jet metal steering arm freewing f-86 80mm edf jet freewing 80mm edf jet metal steering arm freewing a-6 80mm edf jet freewing 80mm edf jet metal steering arm freewing mirage 2000c-5 freewing 80mm edf jet metal steering arm freewing f-5

Placed an order with the slow shipping from RC-Castle. Fingers crossed!!

Comment

• I can't say for sure if that's the correct one for the T-33. You have to be a bit creative looking for parts. Eg, when you see something in the MotionRC site, keep reading a bit down the page and it will generally tell you what plane it's for. Then go to that plane to find out more info. The first link you put up stated that the part was for an A-10 and some other plane. Then you go the A-10 page and look at those parts and you can then find the nose retract. There, it tells you what the pin diameter is. It's easy enough to figure out what the pin diameter is for the T-33. RC Castle will sometimes give such information but there webpages are not quite as detailed. That's when you have to go back and forth to confirm stuff.

Comment

I'm waiting on a package from RC Castle right now. I chose the cheapest shipping. It's been a month and still waiting. The cheapest method has no tracking right after it leaves Hong Kong, so it's hard to say where it might be. I believe it goes via Singapore (SingPost) and then comes here by going the other way around the world. I've waited upwards of 2 months once but that was during the worst part of the pandemic.
                    PS, I also ordered some items and paid the extra shipping. It got here in 10 days, with tracking all the way to my door.
                    I ordered once using the "forever shipping". I ended up forgetting about my order and eventually felt like Tom Hanks in Castaway almost giving up hope until one day....Voila! After 4 1/2 unbelievable months, a package arrived! I do understand that China has it's hands full trying to accommodate all the orders in the entire world...But, that was has been their bane and we pay for it. Would be nice if we had well stocked warehouses in each country, but the logistics and volume just ain't there....

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

I ordered once using the "forever shipping". I ended up forgetting about my order and eventually felt like Tom Hanks in Castaway almost giving up hope until one day....Voila! After 4 1/2 unbelievable months, a package arrived! I do understand that China has it's hands full trying to accommodate all the orders in the entire world...But, that was has been their bane and we pay for it. Would be nice if we had well stocked warehouses in each country, but the logistics and volume just ain't there....
                      4.5 months is an unbelievable shipping time, even in COVID times. The longest I've ever waited was a Firefly camera from Banggood. That took 3 months. I'm not sure that these lengthy times are the fault at the China end. In my case, I was able to track the package right to the point where it left Hong Kong. That took 1 week. From there it was silent running. I saw a news story on TV around that time that explained the rest of the delay. It would seem that cheap postage from China costs so little that Canada Post gets very little of that tiny "piece of the pie" that they set the lowest priority on those packages. The post office gets those packages and immediately tosses them into a semi-trailer parked at the sorting plant at the port of entry. In this case, it's Richmond, BC. They even showed an aerial drone video of over a dozen semis lined up in the back lot of the plant. Canada Post would then open up a semi and process those packages when they "felt like it" and when they had the time. It is my belief that my little package sat in one of those semis for the bulk of the 3 months. It may be the case for the USA as well.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice folks. I'll post back on how long it took to reach me, assuming I haven't forgotten all about it by then! lol.

Comment

Thanks for the advice folks. I'll post back on how long it took to reach me, assuming I haven't forgotten all about it by then! lol.
                          My son's nose gear retract stopped working completely, so I replaced it with a new one. What parts do you need to get you back going, I could take them off the failed one I have and send them to you?

Comment

• [QUOTE=xviper;n288789]
                            ...."4.5 months is an unbelievable shipping time, even in COVID times". Yes, you are right there. I ordered an FMS Avanti from FMS on March 8, 2020 because my LHS's were out of stock and I don't have an account with Horizon. My residential delivery was July 13, 2020. The last tracking showed Singapore. Checked tracking weekly. No trace. A notice in late May mentioning arrival in Canada. At end of June, a notice from Canada Ghost. My package was on route from where you said: Richmond, B.C. Longest wait ever from China. In the end, glad I got the package. I do have faith that packages will arrive. They always make it. Just never know when. I will order FMS through the LHS. I know I won't have to wait 4.5 months unless everybody is out of stock. Have to weigh the costs. It does remove some hassle...

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                              A lil p80 conversion update...taking her out for some flights in the morning. Might even get some video :)
                              Corsair nut - Every finish this one up yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post

My son's nose gear retract stopped working completely, so I replaced it with a new one. What parts do you need to get you back going, I could take them off the failed one I have and send them to you?
                                That’s very generous of you John. Thank you!

After some investigation yesterday I think I’ll be able to reuse the pin from an earlier nose gear replacement to get back in the air soon. I have a set of nose gear doors and a just-in-case steering servo on the way from MotionRC so with any luck I’ll be covered and won’t have to wait for RC-Castle. Thanks again for the offer!

Comment

That’s very generous of you John. Thank you!

After some investigation yesterday I think I’ll be able to reuse the pin from an earlier nose gear replacement to get back in the air soon. I have a set of nose gear doors and a just-in-case steering servo on the way from MotionRC so with any luck I’ll be covered and won’t have to wait for RC-Castle. Thanks again for the offer!
                                  No problem, if it turns out you need something just shoot me an email. johnbergsmith@me.com

Comment

• I am in (finally) for an ARF Plus in Silver

Comment

• Thinking about getting one myself, looks like it flies great to, got out of EDF jets when I lost my runway by my house, but thinking about getting back into them one day....

Comment

Thanks for the advice folks. I'll post back on how long it took to reach me, assuming I haven't forgotten all about it by then! lol.
                                        Well I can hardly believe this myself, but my cheap shipping order from RC-Castle is now out for delivery after just 8 days from HK to Washington State. I guess I just got lucky!!

Comment

• Had the nose gear problem on mine as well. Move the retract plug over one position and have had no problems since.

Comment

Working...
                                          X