Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing T-33 Shooting Star 80mm EDF Thread

Freewing 80mm T-33 Shooting Star
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Both models for banner.jpg Views:	265 Size:	108.3 KB ID:	225885
    Motion RC is excited to announce the new Freewing T-33 Shooting Star in 1/9.5 scale. Honoring the popular T-33 that flew with over 40 countries between 1948 and 2017, the Freewing T-33 faithfully represents this amazing aircraft!

Constructed from EPO foam, carbon, wood, aluminum, and other materials, the Freewing T-33 is powered by an 80mm EDF power system optimized for performance and easy flying behavior. Its wide 1350mm (53") wingspan offers a light wing loading that allows for very stable flight and a mild gentle stall. Scale split flaps and robust aluminum trailing link suspension landing gear makes taking off from and landing on grass runways an easy operation. Removable tip tanks, an accurate overall outline, and landing gear doors enhance the scale fidelity of this model aircraft. With a quick and easy screw together assembly that is convenient for pilots wanting to get in the air quickly.

The Freewing T-33's power system provides performance that is similar to other recent 80mm Freewing jets such as the popular Avanti S and L-39 Albatros but is now powered by a 1920kv Inrunner! The 100A ESC provided ample headroom for high power use and the 9 blade EDF provides a proven efficiency that thousands of Freewing jets have had worldwide. Rapid acceleration, low cruising altitude position, and efficient energy consumption are key features of the Freewing T-33. Although it's wingspan is greater than more expensive 90mm jets, the T-33 is affordable to operate and makes a perfect EDF trainer jet for new jet pilots moving up from smaller 64mm and 70mm jets.
    PRE-ORDERS ARE OPEN NOW

Both versions will be available in the US mid-January (2 weeks about) and a late January arrival for the EU (3 weeks about)

USAF US PNP: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp

German US PNP: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp

USAF EU PNP: https://www.motionrc.eu/collections/...mm-edf-jet-pnp

German EU PNP: https://www.motionrc.eu/collections/...mm-edf-jet-pnp

2 Liveries will be available!

The USAF 57th Fighter Interceptor Squadron "Black Knights" & the German Luftwaffe 9455

Click image for larger version  Name:	US flying 3.jpg Views:	250 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	225887Click image for larger version  Name:	German flying 1.jpg Views:	252 Size:	96.7 KB ID:	225888

VIDEOS:
    Flights

Unboxing and Assembly

Specifications

Wingspan: 1350mm/53"
    Length: 1200mm/47"
    Motor: 3658-1920KV Inrunner
    EDF: 80mm 9-Blade Fan
    ESC: 100A w/ 5A BEC
    Foam: EPO
    Landing Gear: Aluminum Trailing Link Suspension
    Recommended LiPo: 4000mAh - 6000mAh

More Information coming very soon! But here are some more pictures while you wait:

Click image for larger version  Name:	US Ground 1.jpg Views:	250 Size:	161.3 KB ID:	225889Click image for larger version  Name:	German ground 1.jpg Views:	247 Size:	167.5 KB ID:	225890
    Click image for larger version  Name:	German flying 2.jpg Views:	250 Size:	130.9 KB ID:	225891Click image for larger version  Name:	US flying 1.jpg Views:	245 Size:	76.2 KB ID:	225892
    Ample Canopy and Battery Space

The T-33 has plenty of space in the battery compartment for all any battery you need, plus added accessories if desired.
    Clean Fit Landing Gear Doors

The landing gear doors have a nice, tight and clean fit for that ultra scale look pilots covet.
    Scale Split Flaps

The scale split flaps are another nice feature adding to the realism of the model.
    Molded Plastic On Intakes

Plastic intakes not only create a clean look but are functional in protecting the leading edge of the intakes from damage.
    Robust Main Gears

The gears are a robust metal spring-loaded for both pavement and grass.
    Inrunner Motor Preinstalled

A highly efficient inrunner brushless motor is pre-installed, providing a top speed in excess of 100mph!
    CG Mark Pre-Molded

The CG mark has been pre-molded into the model for your convenience.
    Servo Covers Throughout

For a nice clean look on all servos
    Nylon Hinges Throughout

Nylon hinges throughout the model for durability.
    Removable Tip Tanks

The tip tanks are easily removable for transport.
    Requires:
    Attached Files

Reserved
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Like both schemes! Looks very well executed. Well Done!

Comment

Comment

oh yeah, my bank hates you Alpha! posted it on Rcgroups too!

Comment

Beautiful airplane! Thanks MRC for thinking about us that are just starting our journey in edf’s this will be a great step up.

Comment

Some things I like at first notice:

- You finally gave us a 9 blade fan WITH an inrunner. Thank you
              - Servo pockets and covers
              - Full gear doors.....again, thank you
              - Two color schemes available soon and not waiting. The German scheme is very nice, and doesn't have any black paint on foam (but hard to tell and I'm not sure if the nose is plastic capped) like the US scheme (the black paint on EPO ends up "gatoring" in the sun in short manner, so I stay away from those liveries now)

Comment

Looks awesome. Love the gear doors and cockpit especially.

Comment

So now we know, 80mm T-33. I for one am happy as the Shooting Star was on my wish list -- and hope I don't have to read 200 "I wish they'd..." posts.

But I am very curious ALPHA -- I suspect there were design considerations involved and very interested in your comments. Once decided on the Shooting Star, why make the TRAINER version and not the FIGHTER (P-80)? Seems like the T-33 is the only trainer that seems to get priority over the fighter version in models. Nose length? Battery hatch considerations? Was a P-80 considered or were you set on T-33 from the start?

Regardless, I'll be pre-ordering. Thanks for the beautiful, well-thought-out industrial design work.

Comment

We hope so, Farmflyer. The 80mm class is a sweet spot for price and performance, but we don't really have a model that is as trainer friendly as this one. The F-86 is a good choice, but its smaller retract units and smaller wheels limit grass ops, and its design is 6 years old, being our first 80mm bird.

The T-33 offers glue-less assembly, suspension struts, a powerful inrunner, split flaps, a stable one-piece wing, and the distinction of having a 44 year service life beginning with as the USAF's first trainer and later seeing service with many nations around the world. In fact 80% of its life was spent in nations other than the US.

While its straight wing makes it fly similar to the 90mm Venom in slow flight, the T-33 is also fast. It's L-39 slippery! Plus, it has so many decal options for the refinishing-minded modelers out there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190831_144751.jpg
Views:	10900
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	225916

Comment

I like it. I was hoping for a new warbird, but if it had to be a jet at least it is a early jet! I wonder how hard it would be to convert it to a P-80? Cockpit of course, shorter, different wing tip tanks or no tip tanks. It would be a blast to dog fight my ME262.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                        We hope so, Farmflyer. The 80mm class is a sweet spot for price and performance, but we don't really have a model that is as trainer friendly as this one. The F-86 is a good choice, but its smaller retract units and smaller wheels limit grass ops, and its design is 6 years old, being our first 80mm bird.

The T-33 offers glue-less assembly, suspension struts, a powerful inrunner, split flaps, a stable one-piece wing, and the distinction of having a 44 year service life beginning with as the USAF's first trainer and later seeing service with many nations around the world. In fact 80% of its life was spent in nations other than the US.

While its straight wing makes it fly similar to the 90mm Venom in slow flight, the T-33 is also fast. It's L-39 slippery! Plus, it has so many decal options for the refinishing-minded modelers out there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190831_144751.jpg
Views:	10900
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	225916

Do you have a picture of it next to the ME262?

Comment

This one will reach my hanger. I've been waiting for this plane and the F9f in this scale for a long, long time, happy days!

Comment

Alpha & et al, Well dammit Man, I'm just a simple 'Kansas country-boy', but that is one gorgeous air-frame. I thank you, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

MrSmoothie We considered a P-80 initially, based on a conversation and personal event with Tony and Evelyn in November 2016, but the T-33 quickly became the more appropriate model for us. As a real Trainer, we wanted to emphasize its trainer/beginner-friendliness of this model. Additionally, the T-33 enjoyed a 44 year service life. The P-80 fighter, by contrast, did not. We also have a fair number of warfighters in the pipeline, so a Trainer felt right this time as a follow up to our Airliner. Finally, it was very important to us to release a pioneer-era jet that could wear both an American and a European livery, because our European customer family grows every day. We worked hard to ensure that both liveries are on their way to both warehouses as I write this. Doing so was a prominent feedback point from our European customers with recent releases for the Skynetic Havok Racer, Shrike Glider, and AL37 Airliner.

We designed the canopy foam hatch to be easily convertible to a single seat P-80. I'm certain some of you 3DP gurus will make that happen, in addition to wing tips.

Comment

decals are applied right Alpha?

Comment

Beautiful...thanks MRC and Freewing! So why not posting price?

Comment

Thank you for the explanation Alpha -- very interesting. So a marketing rationale (and well thought out) as opposed to a functional one.

We designed the canopy foam hatch to be easily convertible to a single seat P-80. I'm certain some of you 3DP gurus will make that happen, in addition to wing tips.

I'm already downloading 3-views of the P-80 and T-33 to see what differences there are aside from the obvious canopy and wingtip/tank configuration.

As I said, I'll be pre-ordering. ALSO glad to hear
                                    We also have a fair number of warfighters in the pipeline

Comment

I'm in... I used to draw this plane in my school notebook when I was supposed to be doing homework many milleniums ago.
                                      Lauren

Comment

i say with an inrunner is will be close to the L-39 at 399 PNP or 329 PLUS...

Comment

Working...
                                        X