Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Thanx for the pic response.
    Wonder why FW is so on/off about using the brass axle bushings on new releases like what was done with some earlier releases that I'm aware of such as......A-10,F4U and F7F
    It certainly isn't a cost prohibitive thing for the brass axle bushings to be done.
    The retail wheel costs for the A-10 > $3.49, F4U > $3.99 and F7F > $2.99
    These prices are so darn affordable that this is really difficult to understand why FW/FL don't put these non-ferrous bushings in all their new products wheel axles.
    Hope you're listening on this one Alpha
    Yeah, quieter wheel components is definitely welcomed. Although many of the videos show the wheel sound well already, Gooniac posted a video recently of his friends maiden flight of the T-33, and the sound is very noticeable upon taxi and landing rollout (takeoff isn't as bad since the sound of the power system overcomes some of the wheel noise, ha-ha). There is another video posted online where a bystander can be heard mentioning to the pilot post-flight, "it's very squeaky, huh?".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dkurtzid View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	9554FD25-89ED-475A-BC0B-38246897044C.jpeg
Views:	1735
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	232162Click image for larger version

Name:	39B59C9C-6335-453E-A295-203074103D63.jpeg
Views:	1713
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	232160Click image for larger version

Name:	291F9FD6-34D2-40D2-891B-10F328D92A49.jpeg
Views:	1784
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	232161Click image for larger version

Name:	5C83A72B-4963-4301-A30B-5F0A2403AFF0.jpeg
Views:	1740
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	232159 Not very original, and the Thunderbirds scheme has been used everywhere, but I still felt compelled to do it.

Don
      Wow! Amazingly done! How did you get the curves on the nose/tip tanks? Did you mask them? or just draw with a paint pen and fill in the rest with an airbrush?

Comment

• For the nose I made a paper template for each color and used an X-Acto knife to cut the vinyl for each of the three colors. For the tip tanks I painted the red and blue and then used white vinyl for the center with X-Acto cutting on a template for the curves.

Comment

• Just got back from test hops on my T-33. No surprises , rock sold in the air. The thing floats forever. Well done Motion.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Two winners! I like them equally, but the flight line gallery prefers the sound of the Venom.

Comment

• A couple drops of silicon on the wheels to get rid of the squeak and she rolls forever!

Comment

• So, those of you painting your T33, are you painting over your decals? Or are you applying polyurethane before painting?

Comment

• Just got back from the maiden flight of my T-33, and it flew great! Had a gusty crosswind and was a bit concerned at first, but no trim was required at all after liftoff. Tracked nicely, had great power, and an excellent glide capability. Was surprised at the flight time as well, flew 4 minutes at first, and measured 65% left in the 6S 5800!

Comment

• Took advantage of light breezes and sunny skies this afternoon to maiden my T-33. Took 5 packs; 2 4000's and 3 5000's. Decreased recommended aileron throw by about 30% 'cause I heard roll was a bit twitchy at low rates. Needed a few clicks of up and right trim at 1/2 throttle and was hands off. Very comfortable 1st 4.5 min flight. First 5k pack was low 3.8's. Flew 4000mah packs 3.5 mins, low 3.7's. this jet is fast even at half throttle, ballistic at full. Sound is quiet, almost turbine like. It has a great "whoosh" in a high speed throttle off low pass. Easy and comfortable to fly and land. Pull the trigger... you're gonna love it!

Comment

• Any idea when the next batch of USAF T-33 PnP versions will arrive at MRC?

I enjoyed the maiden flight of my T-33 so much, I am ready to go for the P-80 conversion!

Comment

• Originally posted by TBolt View Post
                        So, those of you painting your T33, are you painting over your decals? Or are you applying polyurethane before painting?
                        The Decals were just painted over on my Thunderbird where original U. S. Air Force decal location needed to be solid silver.

Don

Comment

• Not very original, and the Thunderbirds scheme has been used everywhere, but I still felt compelled to do it.

Don
                          No apologies required whatsoever. Very few T-33 EDFs around to begin with and just not many with that color scheme. RC Lander did offer that scheme, but I have seen it in the "wild" exactly once.

Looks awesome and one of the best looking T-33 schemes ever.

Comment

• Speaking of the time delay on the blue box gear channel....
                            I've made a 1/10 scale Follow Me truck, using the Blue Boxes that I'd pulled from the T-33 and a couple other Freewing aircraft. The Blue Boxes control three different lights and they all have a different delay. I figure that the Follow Me truck will be a big hit at the RC Field. :-)

It's a short, crappy iphone video that I quickly made to show my truck to a couple friends. Anyway, I figured that some of you all may appreciate the truck.

In addition to using the Blue Boxes to allow me to switch lights ON/OFF, I switched the 3-channel ground receiver to a 6-channel Lemon DSM receiver so that I'd have channels available to turn lights on and off. Throttle and Turn are on the Right Stick (Elevator and Aileron, respectively).
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• T33 mods!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                                T33 mods!!
                                CN, Super Duper Mods and a good lookin' aircraft. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I love the retract mod you put on there, and you're absolutely right. The stance makes the plane look 10 times better! Could you elaborate more on how you did it?

Comment

• A buddy of mine did two flights on my T-33 yesterday. Flights were good with all stock settings, but after the first flight we reduced the low rates on the ailerons, which really helped the over sensitivity. We didn’t adjust the rudder or elevator but did fly it on low rates.
                                    I flew it twice today myself and had nice flights. It cruises nicely at Denver altitudes (5800’MSL) at mid throttle power settings. All aspects were predictable and landings were easy so far. Really enjoying this jet! I would like to add some mods like a landing light on the nose gear strut and some light weathering. Very happy with my purchase, I highly recommend it!

Comment

I like your mods!!

Did shortening the main LG create any issues with the wheel well clearance when retracted? Or the door closing mechanism? Or is the lower squat all due to the Softer spring compression?

Don

Comment

• T-33 made it's public debut last weekend at the Desert Warbirds, a yearly fundraising fly-in for our local veterans, and earned a 2nd Place in the Post WW2 class for it's great flying and show characteristics, and was a pleasure to fly it all weekend ( we enjoyed mid-70's and 2 mph wind straight down the runway)...I also had a chance for some great formation flying with the T-28's....Thanks Motion RC for the great flying jet..!

Comment

• Congrats on 2nd place. I have to ask what got first and other places when (no disrespect intended) a foam plane taken out of the box, assembled, and flown in an excellent manner can win awards. It does not appear that yours was weathered or modded in any way.

Comment

Working...
                                          X