X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
    thanks for the info T-cat. The first flight I made with mine was per MRC video I believe was 75mm forward of the rear of plywood plate with there 5000 mah pack when I went inverted at 1 45 degree climb it nosed toward mother earth not real bad but. took some down elevator to keep it in the 45 degree climb after trimming it for straight and level flight
    You're welcome. I had to remove the location of the MFCB and place it further aft, then trim away some of the canopy foam to get my heavy battery onto the wooden plank that the MFCB was on, but that was necessary for my 870g battery to achieve the CG I wanted. Motion RC's 6S 5000mah LiPo is roughly 135g or so lighter than my LiPo. I didn't have any elevator trimming on the maiden flight (only aileron) and the elevators are set completely level with the fuse line next to it. During inverted flight, very little pressure on the gimbal was necessary to remain in the level flight.

Comment

• T-33 gaggle at the AZ Electric Festival. 8 in the air at one time!

Pat

Comment

• When I fly down to see my daughter. They pick me up at the Mesa Airport. Here in SD to find a nice place to fly I just go to one of our local Air Ports and they let me fly my Jet's, and a few small Air Ports in Wyo. Upton, Newcastle, Hulet ( up by Devils Tower) Belle Fouche SD Martin SD. There are no suitable pave runways here in Western SD. I do belong to many clubs in a 200 mile radius and when I can I fly over in Gillette Wyo. When I was working for Cat a few years back I flew a lot in Riverton Wyo. They let me leave my trailer full of planes at their Field, and became one of there main Instructors During the 2 years I was over there. I would love a place like the field you guys have that is an awesome place.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          T-33 gaggle at the AZ Electric Festival. 8 in the air at one time!

Now that looked fun and exciting. Thanks for posting!

Comment

• Pat, that looks like an amazing event, lots of fun, and a great field. Some day I would really love to go. It's on my to-do list for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
              Pat, that looks like an amazing event, lots of fun, and a great field. Some day I would really love to go. It's on my to-do list for sure.
              Yeah, you need to come out! We had Victor Shamulus, Vic Checkcinco, Brent Hecht, Justin Link, and several other CA boys here over the weekend. Felt almost like a Jet Rally because of the number of Freewing birds we had.
              Pat

Comment

• Ha-ha, I love it! It sounds like the turnout was phenomenal and I'm enjoying the videos. Good luck on next years event and all others to continue its growth and popularity.

Comment

Yeah, you need to come out! We had Victor Shamulus, Vic Checkcinco, Brent Hecht, Justin Link, and several other CA boys here over the weekend. Felt almost like a Jet Rally because of the number of Freewing birds we had.
                  My son, the wife, and I got out there on Sunday. Unfortunately a day late and a few pilots short, but still enjoyed our time there. Met Justin as he was burnin down his batteries before departing for home. Yes, it was still pretty much a Jet Fest at that time. In fact didn't see any props on the flightline. Was good to see the T-33 up close and in person. Will try to make it out on Saturday next time. Had to check out this new XFL football league that started this weekend and totally spaced out the event until later that evenin.
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

T-33 gaggle at the AZ Electric Festival. 8 in the air at one time!

Very cool. And I thought 6 A-10's at E-jets last year was busy! How wide is that runway anyway? Be hard to take off together like that at either Jet Jam or E-jets!

Pete

PS. Anybody know when they are expected back in stock?

Comment

• Our runway is 700' long and 60' wide not counting the taxiway. One of the nicest fields in the southwest, and probably a Top 10 nationwide.
                      Pat

Comment

Our runway is 700' long and 60' wide not counting the taxiway. One of the nicest fields in the southwest, and probably a Top 10 nationwide.
                        We usually have several flyers come out to your field for the festival. This year just wasn't in the cards for me.

Come on out to Albuquerque sometime. Between Balloon Fiesta Park, and Maloof Airfield we are incredibly lucky . Year round flying great weather. Our problem is we our nowhere near anything so we are under appreciated and don't attract large events..

Maloof from above. One of the oldest airparks in the country. 800ft long just resurfaced by the city. Plenty of room for turbines and any other model.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_dabb6097906b547f_1564596846000.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	305.5 KB
ID:	235981

Comment

• My sister lives on the other side of Sandia mtn... I get there a lot, just a couple weeks ago.. I need to check your site out.

Comment

• That group T-33 flight was awesome to fly in!
                            I've already got plans for my re-paint.

Comment

• Still have to finish painting the nose and apply the graphics, but I am very pleased at the way it is coming along. The colour is off because of the fluorescent lights. Still amonth before the field is free of snow so no rush.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Excellent Daiglo looking great!

Comment

• Has anyone installed an Admiral RX600SP Gyro receiver in their T-33? Interested to see where and how you placed it. Pics would be greatly appreciated if possible.

Thanks,
                                  Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGagJr View Post
                                    Has anyone installed an Admiral RX600SP Gyro receiver in their T-33? Interested to see where and how you placed it. Pics would be greatly appreciated if possible.

Thanks,
                                    Tony
                                    Although mine is not an Admiral RX600SP, it is still a gyro receiver. I made a small solid shelf out of thick styrene to ensure no flexing and movement during flight, and any wires down below it are also now secured (especially the ESC power leads) so they do not knock into the shelf when inverted, etc. I hope this helps. Some people had room to place their gyro where the blue MFCB was, but I couldn't due to how far I had to move my heavy LiPo back.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Daiglo View Post
                                      Still have to finish painting the nose and apply the graphics, but I am very pleased at the way it is coming along. The colour is off because of the fluorescent lights. Still amonth before the field is free of snow so no rush.
                                      Very cool! Great job on the project.

Comment

Has anyone installed an Admiral RX600SP Gyro receiver in their T-33? Interested to see where and how you placed it. Pics would be greatly appreciated if possible.

Thanks,
                                        Tony
                                        I have. But I installed the lexan plastic shelf lower due to the servo connectors being vertical in the RX600SP receiver instead of horizontal like T- CATS Works great. Like the scheme you chose, Awesome job Daiglo

Comment

Thanks,
                                          Tony
                                          I'm using that admiral gyro receiver in my T-33. I also added a wooden shelf behind the bluebox and placed the admiral on it. I did place the shelf a little bit too far aft and the servo cables from the bb coudn't reach my receiver, so I rotated the bb 180 degrees to solve my problem.

This is not my picture but my installation looks very similar:
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=233779.jpg
Views:	842
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	236191
                                          https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

Working...
                                          X