Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hum, think we should have gotten those with the plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scaleman3 View Post
      Hum, think we should have gotten those with the plane.
      And my car should have come with gps nav..... but it didn’t 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

I‘m very interested in this mod, but don‘t like to cut my freshly painted fuselage. What is the outlet diameter on your model? I would like to model a 3DP reduction piece for the tail pipe.
        Exit is about 60mm

Comment

• Originally posted by flazz View Post
          Yesterday, 11:33 AM
          "I added some leds to my T-33. A solid green & red on the wingtips, a white beacon on top and a red beacon below.
          I used some clear lenses/mounts where these high power 1w leds fit in perfectly, as you can see it gave good results and I could install them without showing or damaging the foam."

IT2:

Very cool, I'm planing on do something similar. Can you give us a source for the LEDS and the lens covers? Also, what flashing unit are you using?
          thanks for any info.

Thanks flazz

I bought my lens covers here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32820431045.html but you should be able to find similar ones on Amazon or eBay.

I didn't use a flashing unit, all leds are connected to the various light ports on the bluebox (steady lights for the wingtips, double flash for the white beacon on top and triple flash for the red beacon below).

Good thing that Freewing includes these blueboxes in their planes, but I always suggest to open them and check the soldering on the bottom.
          https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post

Exit is about 60mm
            Thanks! Here is the file for a 3DP nozzle. Slow progress with my make over, but the weather over here is still too bad for maiden flight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3549.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	238066

Comment

• To bad the T-33 doesn't have enough power to put ski's or floats on it, I would be out flying mine off the Snow.We just got 8 to 12 " here in Rapid City SD OH well I just finished painting the floats for my new E-Flite Air Tractor and painted and put floats on the new UMX Turbo Timber to fly off the Snow
              Click image for larger version

Name:	t-33.jpg
Views:	1330
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	238094

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                To bad the T-33 doesn't have enough power to put ski's or floats on it, I would be out flying mine off the Snow.
                How do you know it doesn't? You don't know till you try. Personally, I fly all winter in the snow/ice but it's primarily with my VTOL's and water planes, "skidders", hand launchers and planes with giant balloon tires.

Comment

Thanks! Here is the file for a 3DP nozzle. Slow progress with my make over, but the weather over here is still too bad for maiden flight.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3549.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	238066
                  Outstanding work Frank with the T-33 and many many thanks for sharing all the files!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    How do you know it doesn't? You don't know till you try. Personally, I fly all winter in the snow/ice but it's primarily with my VTOL's and water planes, "skidders", hand launchers and planes with giant balloon tires.
                    So do I. I have 5 or 6 planes with floats, Ski's and Tundra tires, but I prefer All of them with the floats on them. Come Spring and the Lakes melt then I fly off the water while out fishing. Love my Two Mini Timbers. Fly them from my front deck.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	snow ops.JPG
Views:	1223
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	238114

Comment

• I think, if you really wanted to, some smaller floats would work on this T-33. You don't need them to be large enough to "float" the plane since it's not off water, just enough for it to slide along the snow/ice. I'll bet this plane has plenty of power to do that - less friction sliding on snow than wheels rolling on grass. Personally, it's just not worth the effort to do it with my other "winter" planes available. I even had a Lippy P.15 that can be thrown in winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post

Outstanding work Frank with the T-33 and many many thanks for sharing all the files!
                        Ditto; keep up the good work (and 3D-goodies)!

Comment

More 3DP stuff...
                          Here are parts for the speed brake, loosely based on Brent's design. The servo mount is designed for a Corona (!) DS-939 MG servo. I had to remove a bit of foam from the fuselage to give room for the servo. It should be easy to move the servo closer to the "brake boards", if desired. You may notice a "step" at the aft end of the boards. That's caused by an issue with my printer, it's not in the model.

Frank

Click image for larger version  Name:	Speed Brake.jpg Views:	299 Size:	121.6 KB ID:	237764Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3540.jpg Views:	283 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	237765Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3541.jpg Views:	277 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	237766 ​ ​ ​
                          Man thank you for doing the CAD work on this and my friend Vic for printing these out. They can out great! I installed it last night and it fit perfectly and as soon as I finish the paint I will get it posted.

Thanks guys!

Comment

• Working on. ejection seats and giving the pilots a little flair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                              Working on. ejection seats and giving the pilots a little flair.
                              very nice work mate, looks very nice

Comment

Cockpit work in progress...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Panels.jpg Views:	736 Size:	172.8 KB ID:	236247

Click image for larger version Name:	Größenänderung DSCF0657.JPG Views:	9 Size:	209.9 KB ID:	236241
                                we also need the stick, Frank!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post

we also need the stick, Frank!
                                  Oops! I‘m currently on vacation, you need to wait till the end of the coming week. You‘ll get the canopy arch incl. rear view mirror and compass housing then as well.

Comment

• Landing lights in, dorsal strobe in, Ejection seats in.

I'm not going to do the wing lights or I'll never finish. It's almost time to fly

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                      Landing lights in, dorsal strobe in, Ejection seats in.

I'm not going to do the wing lights or I'll never finish. It's almost time to fly
                                      dont be a so lazy Gilatrout , you will bite yourself into your own ass later if you dont install the wing lights now, while you are at it. To wait a few days longer will hurt nobody, just think about how cool it will look and go for it .

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1FD8674D-9778-4210-B338-FE36F7C50B95.jpeg
Views:	927
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	239054 Added LEDs to mine. NAVs, Strobes, flashing beacon, and dual nose gear lights. I’ve got posts on my YouTube Channel. “Race 22 Crew” on how I did the install if interested. Click image for larger version

Name:	DFC803A4-57C7-4FE7-AC96-5D6800B0E13D.jpeg
Views:	976
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	239053

Comment

• What type of LED and Strobe?
                                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Elbee
                                            Elbee commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            QB, In "Race Crew 22's" utoob videos, he mentions that he bought the L-39 LEDs and Lenses and an A-10 LED set from MotionRC There are 3 vids on his install on his channel. Check those out. Best, LB
                                        Working...
                                        X