Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I too put my nose steering on a seperate channel and mix with rudder. The mix is controlled by the gear switch. That way the nose steering servo is turned off while the gear is retracted.

Comment

• I went out this morning with a bunch of planes and Choppers, A-10 Hog, F-4 Phantom, mini F-86 Saber, B-24 Liberator, Blade 250, Blade 550, and my T-33 Shooting Star I pulled out the Admiral receiver and installed a Spectrum AR8010T receiver due to issues with either the MRC or the 10 channel receiver I had with it. I routed the Ailerons, Elevator and the rudder directly to the AR8010T and mixed the rudder. with steering, with separate trims. Designated the Rnob to steering so I can adjust the steering centering right from my trans. With out test running it up and down the runway and changing the linkage to get it straight.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2T33.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	261735

Comment

• BLUEBOX

This morning at flying field my front LG didn't want to go out.
        Tried several time gear up/down have to wait due to delay but no response of front LG, main LG works.
        At one moment it start working so I flew my plane 3 times this morning.
        Only in second flight I had a hick up, toggled my gear switch and front LG came out.
        At home same issue, used my servo tester no problem.
        Will test some more and contacted MotionRC about this, will see what solution will be?
        Keep you updated.
        Greetings Hans

UPDATE 29-6-2020

I had contact with a fellow T33 pilot, also active on this forum.
        He explained to me that he experienced the same issue with his front LG.
        But this was due to a bend pin.
        I rechecked my front LG and indeed mine was bend a little.
        Bend it back so it is straight again??
        I fly from grass, he also.
        So for grass operation it seems that this pin is not strong enough for the job.
        ( I also remember reading the Eflite F4 Phantom ( version2 foam ) thread that they have also problems with pin of front LG)
        Also I put 2mm wood under my retract unit so it's a bit higher up front an give some room that my wheel is not binding inside fuselage.
        Will see how this hold up after some more flying.

Regards Hans

pictures are property Icarus the 2nd

Click image for larger version  Name:	trunion LG front 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.9 KB ID:	261920Click image for larger version  Name:	trunion LG front 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	261921

Comment

• EDF maintenance due to flying from grass

I did inspect my plane today, also I inspected EDF unit.
          Pictures show dirt on case of EDF, blades are fine.
          So I cleaned EDF with de-greaser , looking good now.
          I guess I have around 15 flights know from grass, so every 10 flight I will clean my EDF unit.
          Greetings Hans

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4952.JPG
Views:	1013
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	261813Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4953.JPG
Views:	1070
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	261814
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post
            BLUEBOX

This morning at flying field my front LG didn't want to go out.
            Tried several time gear up/down have to wait due to delay but no response of front LG, main LG works.
            At one moment it start working so I flew my plane 3 times this morning.
            Only in second flight I had a hick up, toggled my gear switch and front LG came out.
            At home same issue, used my servo tester no problem.
            Will test some more and contacted MotionRC about this, will see what solution will be?
            Keep you updated.
            Greetings Hans
            I'd bypass the blue box for at least the gear. Get a triple Y and hook them up directly to the RX and see if this fixes the glitch. I had a similar glitch with the ailerons. After bypassing the BB, all was fine.

Comment

• I recently lost the first Free Wing T-33 Set up exactly to the manual BB (MRC and one of there 6 Channel RX600SP DSMX Compatible rec. with stability plus gyro. Used only as staight 6 channel. On the third flight I was just about to make a left bank down wing leg to final , Flying straight and level at above 1/2 Throttle things went crazy with out any trans. inputs from me it did a snap roll and there was nothing I could do to correct it. Then here just less then two weeks ago at our regular flying site I was Flying My new ME-262 With one of their 10 channel receivers flying along straight and level all of a sudden it when in to a slow roll to the right and in it went. I have been flying for over 40 years flown every thing you can thing of, Compition Pylon racers to UMX stuff. I fly all winter long and at least two to three times a week with very minimal problems until now with their stuff All the people at Motion would say is Sorry to hear that it happened Saying you must have stalled the planes or High frequency receiver interference of some find. I just put 6 flights on an arf plus I did not need the ECS or EDF, used the power system out of the crashed T-33 I installed a bran new AR8010T bypassing every thing but the flaps and gear to the BB or MRC. The one I received Thursday, I assembled programmed set throws and put the first three times at both places Three flights Thursday afternoon and three flights at the club field in Gillette Wyo late early this morning where I lost the first one I , due to what they call a mysterious DEAD ZONE same trans. DX8 G2 I fly 14 other planes and two Choppers from. They were trying to say might have been a trans. problem NOT. At this point I am rather disappointed with them. Every thing else I have been flying With this trans. and Spektrum rec's all week long as I stated 24 other planes and two choppers I fly every day for at least one hour. No problems at all You can take it from hear I love there planes but their Electronics SUCK !!!!! IMHO

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                I'd bypass the blue box for at least the gear. Get a triple Y and hook them up directly to the RX and see if this fixes the glitch. I had a similar glitch with the ailerons. After bypassing the BB, all was fine.
                Had the exact same issue and had to land without the nose gear. Bypassed the box and no more issues.

Comment

• Pilots

See my update here,

BLUEBOX, maybe in this case not the problem........

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...807#post261807

Regards Hans

Comment

• Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post
                    Pilots

See my update here,

BLUEBOX, maybe in this case not the problem........

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...807#post261807

Regards Hans
                    Nice detective work. I believe you are right. In your case, it’s not the blue box but a mechanical binding problem. This now reminds of what happened with my old FW/FL P-38 (2 years ago). Both of those main gear retracted in the same direction as the nose gear on the T-33. I also flew from very rough grass. A couple of hard landings and the struts bent back (bending the pin). When the gear retracted, the tire pressed up against the upper part of the wheel well. This prevented the retract mechanism (worm drive slider thing) to reach the end point and trip the switch. This caused the retract to lock in place. Pushing on the strut helped the slider get to the end and reset the retract and allowed it to extend. When I discovered this, each time I landed, I would give the strut a good “unbend” before pulling up the gear. I even Dremeled some foam in the wheel well to allow more room for the tire. The retracts never got stuck again. Even just rolling along the bumpy ground when taking off and after landing was enough to bend the strut back. Vibrating metal bends easily.

Comment

• Hey guys, finally had the chance to maiden today. On the second flight turning base to final I had no response from the controls and in a shallow descending turn it went straight in. Battery still had 30%, using an Admiral Carbon 5100mah with a Admiral receiver. Do you think it could have been the blue box? Anyway, this plane was incredible to fly. I’ll definitely buy another, maybe I won’t use the blue box or use spektrum. Has anyone had an issue like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry680AS View Post
                        Hey guys, finally had the chance to maiden today. On the second flight turning base to final I had no response from the controls and in a shallow descending turn it went straight in. Battery still had 30%, using an Admiral Carbon 5100mah with a Admiral receiver. Do you think it could have been the blue box? Anyway, this plane was incredible to fly. I’ll definitely buy another, maybe I won’t use the blue box or use spektrum. Has anyone had an issue like this?
                        Your not alone Sir. I have lost three free wing planes with same type of issue's in the last three months, loss of control ,# 1 the twin 80 mm A-10 admiral receiver and the MCB BB on first flight in the final just 20 FT. up the plane went in to full down elevator with more then enough ground speed it did no stall. # two the first T-33 admiral battery admiral receiver set up by the book same issue as your's just before turning to base still straight and level the T-33 went into a left bank with no input from me then snapped and crashed # three New ME-262 just about two weeks ago admiral battery admiral 10 channel receiver and the MRC BB set up by the book the first flight every thing looking great did a left bank to go out across our field just above 1/2 throttle flying straight and level all of a sudden nosed down and went in to a slow roll to the right and I could not correct with my trans. That's three unexplained crashes using what Motion recommends and three lost planes. I just received one of there Arf plus T-33's last Thursday. I installed the power system out of the unexplained crashed T-33 bypassed all controls but the flaps and retracts. Finished assembly programming and control surface setup went out Thursday late flew three times went to Gillette also made three flights and flew it again today in NewCastle Wyo yesterday at the Newcastle air port where I test flew and lost the twin A-10 I love there jets but will do away with there MRC's and use nothing but Spektrum receivers PS I fly 20 other planes with the same, trans. the T-33 I am now flying has been flown over ten flight with no issues what so ever, but reading this thread about retract problems and in other threads I just got done with completely eliminating the MRC.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	2T33.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.5 KB ID:	262037

Comment

Hey guys, finally had the chance to maiden today. On the second flight turning base to final I had no response from the controls and in a shallow descending turn it went straight in. Battery still had 30%, using an Admiral Carbon 5100mah with a Admiral receiver. Do you think it could have been the blue box? Anyway, this plane was incredible to fly. I’ll definitely buy another, maybe I won’t use the blue box or use spektrum. Has anyone had an issue like this?
                          Hi

Sad to see en here of yours problem and crash of yours T33.
                          Looks repairable to me, I would repair it.
                          I re=soldered my bluebox, and my binding front LG was not because of bluebox, see my findings back in this threat.
                          Always difficult to say what was the problem, but reading story form Mr Wild Man, I would not use those Admiral RCVRS.
                          He flown 3 planes to the ground, you no have one ...that's to many issues.
                          Other Pilots with T33 reading this threat here and have no issues with there bluebox please let us know, so these guys could make a complained about there Admiral RCVRS...
                          I have more than 10 flights on my T33 and luckily no issues with Bluebox!

Comment

• 'I won’t use the blue box or use spektrum'

Admiral receivers are not made by Spectrum. Why blame them?

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Well, because I’ve lost more airplanes holding a Spektrum transmitter than Futaba. This has happened to me in the past using some older Spektrum stuff, exact same thing. I really enjoy the products so I thought I would give it another chance. I’m not blaming anyone, I’m not calling motionrc or horizon. I was just curious if anyone had an issue like this so I can narrow it down. I’ll use my Spektrum again and see, it’s just a model airplane.

Comment

Well, because I’ve lost more airplanes holding a Spektrum transmitter than Futaba. This has happened to me in the past using some older Spektrum stuff, exact same thing. I really enjoy the products so I thought I would give it another chance. I’m not blaming anyone, I’m not calling motionrc or horizon. I was just curious if anyone had an issue like this so I can narrow it down. I’ll use my Spektrum again and see, it’s just a model airplane.
                                Were those losses you had on Spetkrum using actual Spektrum receivers? The market is flooded with knock offs from various outlets. I've seen some that were so close that I sent them to Horizon to be sure. Being at the LHS 3 days a week as the air guy I've seen a lot of strange issues for a number of reasons. Not looking for the old which system is better just information on the what's and why's things happen for my own knowledge and to help my customers. .
                                Mike
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Admiral Rcvrs, would be nice if they could say which Admiral rcvr they use....

https://www.motionrc.eu/products/adm...xis-stabilizer !!

If they use a rcvr with build in Gyro, maybe problem lies within Gyro.
                                  If you use "recovery " function it can be having a strange effect during landing.....
                                  Just some thoughts.

Regards Hans

1. Wild Man used : 6 Channel RX600SP DSMX Compatible rcvr, this is with buiild in Gyro.....

Comment

• Since I first discovered Lemon products, that's all I've used. (As most know, Admiral is made by Lemon for Motion, but with some special features.) Although I started using the DSM2 products, I learned now to stick to only DSMX or DSMP and only with those that have a satellite antenna. My last order, however, has been a couple of their current gen of Lemon stab PLUS and these don't come with the satellites nor can one be added. I've never liked these "diversity" antennas without a satellite but I thought I'd give the new generation a try. I hope it doesn't come back and bite me in the rear.
                                    PS. I try to arrange the two antenna wires at 90 degrees to each other and try my best to keep everything away from the battery and power leads, although it's always possible. Thorough range testing is a must.

Comment

• Yes, all the planes I’ve lost before were with Spektrum receivers. The receiver I used was the Admiral rx600. I was just curious if there was an issue using this combination with the blue box. I’ve used Admiral receivers before, the rx600 and the rx600sp and they worked great. This was the first time I used it with that blue box.

Comment

• With the Spektrum/Lemon/Admiral related losses, were any of the RXs still getting power on the ground after the crash? Blinking lights?

Comment

• I don't have the T-33, but I had two "light" brown outs with a new F-22 using the Admiral 6 Channel RX600SP DSMX Compatible Receiver with the built-in gyro. and the blue box, so thought I'd chime in. I was fortunate to get the plane back both times shortly after losing power and control, particularly the second time where it went into a full-deflection downward spin.

I pulled the receiver and am sending it back to MRC for analysis (and a refund). But after pulling the receiver, I tested everything and installed a new Spektrum AR620. No frame losses >20 and no holds - receiver voltage never drops below 4.9V and then only momentarily (vs. 5V BEC setting). I've flown with that receiver six times without a glitch now (no gyro) so I'm fairly confident it was the receiver that caused the issue. I checked every connection in the plane and purchased the Spektrum flight log to help diagnose the problem, but everything tests fine with the new receiver.

I think something is dropping the voltage to the Admiral Receiver far enough to cause a momentary brown out on mine, likely due to the gyro. I left it on factory setting for gains and all those servos moving were too much for it I think. Perhaps my mounting didn't isolate enough vibration as well, who knows.

The only other brown out I've had (sadly) was on my Mirage 2000. That one was a Lemon receiver, but I put in an FMS EDF that was pushing the boundaries of what the ESC can handle, so have only myself to blame on that one. I have learned I want a separate BEC or receiver power source though. I think a high number of these issues are due to a lack of sufficient, stable and clean power to the receiver, if only momentarily.

Comment

Working...
                                          X