Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received my German version colour scheme yesterday. I must say that i am impressed with the quality of Freewing products. I have the mirage 2000 V2 as well and yet to maiden both.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanDaMan View Post

Good Job James!!!
      I definitely enjoyed watching your unboxing and building of this beautiful bird James. I received my German version colour scheme . I also watched the video of Patrick flying it and your response
      was that you want the German version as well.😀😉

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post

In the manual they give you a measurement for the wood tray for where to put the end of your battery. I stuck my 4000 6S pack right on the mark, did a quick and dirty CG check using my fingers and the X on the bottom of the fuse, and sent it! There will be no CG drama/controversy on this one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1003.JPEG
Views:	2041
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	226235
        Hi Bro, did you put your 6 S 4000mah on the 70mm mark as per the manual and James's online buliding video?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shauncat View Post
          Hi Guys, is it possible to use two 3 cell 5000mah batteries in series to compensate for a 6 Cell 5000mah in the freewing T33 shooting star?
          6 cell batteries are difficult to fine in my home town in Durban South Africa. Your advise would be appreciated Gretel.
          I have previously used two 3 cell 3300mah batteries in one of my war birds with no issues as well.
          Now that you have this plane in your hands, it's simple enough to see if you can accommodate those 2 - 3300mah, 3s batteries in the space provided. Next is to see if those batteries will allow the plane to be balanced at the desired and recommended CG. Using 2 - 3s batteries in series to make a 6s battery is not unusual. You must simply make sure that the two batteries are the same brand/size/"C" rating. Since EDFs generally have more draw than a prop plane, the "C" rating is important. Most EDFs do better with a "C" rating of 40C to 50C and higher. Keep in mind that even a brand name LiPo will put out only about 1/2 the "C" that's stamped on the label, so if you have an "economy" brand of battery, you may require much higher than 50C.
          Originally posted by Shauncat View Post
          Hi Bro, did you put your 6 S 4000mah on the 70mm mark as per the manual and James's online buliding video?
          Each plane is slightly different in the way they are built, as are different battery brands, sizes and ratings. Using someone else's "mark" is not always a good idea. You put your batteries wherever they need to be to achieve the CG you want or that is recommended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shauncat View Post
            ...is it possible to use two 3 cell 5000mah batteries in series?
            Sure! There's plenty of room in the battery bay for the series connector and two 5000's.

I normally run a 5800 and I know guys run 6200's up there. If you've got some heavier or bigger capacity packs remember that you can remove the weights hidden up in the nose cone and enjoy the extra run time.

Comment

• I removed the nose weights and fly routinely with the HS 8000mah 6s 100C, and she balances fine with the lipo an inch a half back from full foward.

Remove those nose weights and you can still CG this this bird loaded up with as much of a battery load as her wings can handle.

Comment

• Yep, when I took the nose weights out of mine I was able to move my RT 6250 from right back at the blue box to all the way forward in the bay. Lots of room for a big battery in this beast.
                Pat

Comment

• This has become my favorite jet.

Comment

• Strange dip in my RCVR voltage from BEC.

See telemetry screens below with same LIPO?????

It seems to me that BEC of my ESC has an random issue only whit my CNHL blacklabel 6S5000 65C no1 ????????
                    With other LIPO's i didn't sse this issue very strange........
                    I got an reply from a Dutch college on fromum in The Netherlands and he said that voltage measurement is done digital in RCVR,
                    it seems to be done in steps of 0,11 volts...he said to me seeing my data.
                    i was a bit blinded during this, never saw it before ore didn't check it before will look into my old data.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RCVR BEC voltage dip with CNHL BLlabel 6S5000 65C faulty 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.8 KB ID:	267360Click image for larger version  Name:	RCVR BEC voltage dip with CNHL BLlabel 6S5000 65C good 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.8 KB ID:	267361

Also I received today my Airspeed sensor and tested that also this afternoon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5111.JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.5 KB ID:	267362

Airspeed with Rhino LIPO downwind in a dive is 79 KTS= 146 KmH.
                    I checked also stall speed without flaps and with flaps 25 KTS=46.30 KmH
                    My airspeed warning is set to 52 Kmh ore 28 KTS.
                    Just a nice future to have.

Grts Hans
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Flight speed and amp draw.

at my last flight today I was testing how slow I could fly with my T33.
                      I knew I could fly easily at 20-22 amps, but today I managed to fly at 15 amps, see below

Name:	airspeed amp draw telemtry screen.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	267368

Grts Hans

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

What lights? did you install lights in your T-33. Which transmitter are you using? After reading some of the post here, where guys are having problems with the gear is the reason I used a Tri. harness for the gear and now have completely got rid of the MCB (BB) I also separated the steering from the rudder they both have individual trims and I can adjust the steering with the Rnob on my DX8 with out having to adjust it from underneath manually. I just ran it down the runway adjusted to run straight and true. I can also make the steering less sensitive by lowering the travel for that channel. works great
                        Are you running a 7 channel receiver so you can separate your steering from the rudder?

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          Yep, when I took the nose weights out of mine I was able to move my RT 6250 from right back at the blue box to all the way forward in the bay. Lots of room for a big battery in this beast.
                          Pat i have my 6250 in theexact same spot. Lovi g the long and powerful flights on the 6250s. I need more of them now lol

Comment

• timmybettle..love that airspeed sensor!! Very cool!

Comment

• Maiden flight tommorow I'm cg the plane 1/3 mac which is slightly after of cg mark on 4000 gear up with gear down it shifts to cg mark which is not 1/3 mack with 6000s I have to push bat back to blue box

So 5000s should be a little foward of that

But it's not at the recommended video settings

Anyone else have this issue?

Comment

• Depends on the actual battery in use. I fly with a RoaringTop 6S 6250 35C. At first I had it pushed all the way back to the blue box. After taking the 3 oz of dead weight out of the nose, I now have it at the very front of the battery bay. CG is about 5mm back from the mark and flies fine there.
                                Pat

Comment

• Yup I flew a 5000 about a quarter in from blue box .... No trim needed no flap to elevator mix needed either

My aerolines are on second hole from top along with elevator high rates 100 percent

Great roll rate slow speed with flaps was walkable

Flew with tanks on

I kept it flat on approach it's a floater any alpha it can stall and tip a wing all be it not severe

The aoa was fine keeps it on runway after set down

200 ft takeoff no flaps

Next time out I'm trying it with no tanks

Puts my f86 to shame .... You think it would be the other way around

3.5 minuteflight time admiral 5000 20 percent left mixed throttle

Comment

• After removing the nose weights, my T-birds has become even more lively. I can almost hold knife edge now

Sharing my recent flights practicing FPV formation loops and such in FW T-33's with drone chase views. Enjoy!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• I might have missed it but could someone tell me how hard it is and where the weights are that you guys are removing. I'd like to try some of those RT 6250s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sideslip View Post
                                        I might have missed it but could someone tell me how hard it is and where the weights are that you guys are removing. I'd like to try some of those RT 6250s.
                                        See this post:

Freewing 80mm T-33 Shooting Star Both models for banner.jpg Motion RC is excited to announce the new Freewing T-33 Shooting Star in 1/9.5 scale. Honoring the popular T-33 that flew with over 40 countries between 1948 and 2017, the Freewing T-33 faithfully represents this amazing aircraft! Constructed from EPO foam,

Takes about 20 minutes and is really easy to do. I fly with the same pack, and before I took the weights out I had it pushed all the way to the back of the battery area. After taking the weights out, I push it all the way to the front.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post
                                          Flight speed and amp draw.

at my last flight today I was testing how slow I could fly with my T33.
                                          I knew I could fly easily at 20-22 amps, but today I managed to fly at 15 amps, see below

Name:	airspeed amp draw telemtry screen.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	267368

Grts Hans
                                          Nice chart and stall speed test. Very useful info indeed. I flew FPV on my buddy's rig which has ASI. We were approaching at 40kts and touching down around 30. Good to know we have some safety margin left. Thanks a bunch.
                                          YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                          Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

Working...
                                          X