Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the maiden plus three more today, I thought it had plenty of power and once on speed it drew beautiful long vertical lines. I set my timer at 3 minutes with roaring top 5500's and landed with 3.8 per cell. I balanced on recommended cg and only flew on full rate with the aura on. I had no trim inputs except the nose gear steering. Three landings were pretty good. The last one I had a big bounce with a go around ( don't land this thing fast!) be patient let it settle on the mains. The spring holding the nose gear door has been annoying and has since departed the aircraft .All in all a good jet. A must for Hun fans!

Comment

Thank You for your debrief. Always appreciated!
      Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

A couple photos of my F-100

Comment

Nice shots as always, a ! Are you flying with the Aura 8 as well?
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
            Nice shots as always, a ! Are you flying with the Aura 8 as well?
            Yes sir ... she is 100% factory stock out of the box

Comment

Were you happy with the flight performance?

Comment

Hello guys
                I have about 15 flights on my SEA f100 set up completely stock using HRB and venom 5000 packs . This is my first non motion edf in years. I was really having some buyers remorse after preordering it. I liked the looks and drew the short draw in the group.
                The canopy fit on mine is not great and there were some touch ups on the paint. The aura 8 works fine and the jet has plenty of power it just feels different than a motion unit.
                Three and a half minute flights are the norm with mixed throttle, it tracks very well. It’s a nice piece of hardware, not quite freewing quality but few edf’s are.
                Quite excited about the gripen but the foot of snow here might be the end of flying season.

Comment

This is flight number ten filmed on an iphone by a good friend. I've been really enjoying the flight characteristics of this jet. You can really tell the homework was done in the engineering department. The Aura 8 has worked flawlessly, the setup is best done with a windows laptop. For reference, the runway used is 250ft long and I had about 5kts of left crosswind.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	284025 Well I'm happy to report that there are three of us members of the 114th RC Aero Squadron that are flying the Flex F-100. We fly off of a well manicured grass runway, and this Jet has performed beautifully flying off our grass strip. My F-100 has the Thunderbird Paint scheme. I'm attaching a picture of the Hun Pilots of the 114th.

I own quite a few Freewing EDF's. Alpha and his team at Motion are fantastic however; I'm very impressed with the engineering of this Flex F-100. Special thanks goes out to Andy Davis, the owner of HSD Jets USA for his help on getting these Jets to us.

Comment

I just got one yesterday and put it together this morning love how east it is to put together. Cant wait to fly it next week

Comment

Has anyone upgraded their power system to a different motor/fan combo?

Comment

Originally posted by pdansalvish View Post
                          Has anyone upgraded their power system to a different motor/fan combo?
                          I saw one fly with the F-22 8s set up in it, flew terrific. I didn't look up close, but he said it was almost a drop-in upgrade.

Comment

So far I like how mine flys. I got her dialed in and shes a doll to fly now

Comment

Could not take the crappy cockpit and pinheaded pilot, so...

Comment

Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                                I wonder which factory is producing these ? I like the Vietnam camo.
                                I may be late to the party but pretty sure Taft Hobby make these for Flex-and no Taft dont sell them either so only one "spendy" option🥲 gotta get me a T-bird at some point i think😍

Comment

Just finished assembling the F-100. Finally got around to it. I have to say this was the easiest assembly and initial setup of ANY EDF I have built. One of the features that drew me to the F-100 is the included and pre-setup Aura 8. I use Aura’s in all of my other EDF’s. I think they are fantastic. I’m looking forward to evaluating the factory Aura programming and comparing it to my setups in my other Aura’s. Anyway. I’m a Futaba user. Just a single servo lead from the SBus port on the receiver to the Aura. Done.

So so far my only issue with the F-100 is the finish. It’s fairly decent overall, but could definitely be improved. There are a few areas that were clearly touched up by hand at the factory. It’s obvious and unattractive. I’m not sure how to describe the next issue accurately, but the foam cell size is inconsistent. Meaning some areas on the same surface are rougher than other adjacent areas. Not a big deal. But compared to my Freewing EDF’s I think Flex could do better for a $500.00+ model. None of these issues are show stoppers. I’m still overall satisfied with the looks of the 100.

The servos sound smooth and solid. And appear to center well. The retractable landing gear also sound solid and operate smoothly. And when running up the EDF in the garage, it has a really nice jet sound. I expect the F-100 will look and sound really good in the air. Looking forward to a maiden.

Comment

8 months after the last post in this thread, are people still flying these things? At 550 US bucks, this is in pretty lofty territory for a foam jet, up there with the Freewing F-18. If only there was an ARF+, I would jump on it immediately but not willing to spend that kind of money and then dump the drivetrain and put in something more powerful, maybe even 8s. Videos have shown adequate but still anemic performance. It has a similar EDF as my old FlexJet and it's "OK". If I liked the FlexJet more, I'd upgrade the fan but it just doesn't inspire me. With the reports of poor paint quality and the messy touchups, one would have to really want an F-100. I've had another Taft plane (ViperJet) in the past and it had many deficiencies. Eflite has a Viper that puts the Taft to shame. Hopefully, Freewing will come along and do the same with an F-100. Nevertheless, it's still an intriguing model that I'm keeping in my peripheral vision. They should be back in stock by the end of the month.

Comment

I still fly mine, and love it. I did put the freewing HP fan unit in this and the flexjet. It will consistently fly around 120mph

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        I still fly mine, and love it. I did put the freewing HP fan unit in this and the flexjet. It will consistently fly around 120mph
                                        Good info. Much cheaper than going 8s.

Comment

Yes indeed!

Comment

Working...
                                          X