X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Flite 64mm A-10

Boy they sure ramped up the power on 64mm fans. 6s...WOW !! Looks nice and scale too.
    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
    Boy they sure ramped up the power on 64mm fans. 6s...WOW !! Looks nice and scale too.
    I just received one yesterday, after checking every thing I decided there is to much gray, so I started adding more color. Just finished the top of the wing this morning. I am going to do the tail surfaces tonight and the fuse tomorrow. To many projects going now, so staying in to finish a bunch of them. To windy lately to fly.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mail.jpg
Views:	1605
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	247251Click image for larger version

Name:	camoW.jpg
Views:	1475
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	247252

Comment

I like that Wild Man. How did you mask those areas?

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        I like that Wild Man. How did you mask those areas?
        I used Two widths of 3" masking tape then after laying out a masking paper pattern I cut the pattern out of the masking tape laid it on the wing and covered both sides of pattern with masking paper and painted it. I was very suprised after doing a test with some masking tape to find that they finally have a plane with a paint job that does not lift with the tape WOW it is about time!!!!. I was very careful not to get the tape on any of the decals though. I use a low tack masking tape.

Comment

Great job with the desert element. I've been flying mine for a couple of weeks now. It's an awesome no-fuss jet to take to the field. Was dialled out of the box. A little more glue required than what I like to see on a new release.

I've made it work with 4000mah but it really does want a smaller pack. I settled on 3700 and can still get 4:00 flying sensibly.

Comment

Originally posted by mshagg View Post
            Great job with the desert element. I've been flying mine for a couple of weeks now. It's an awesome no-fuss jet to take to the field. Was dialled out of the box. A little more glue required than what I like to see on a new release.

I've made it work with 4000mah but it really does want a smaller pack. I settled on 3700 and can still get 4:00 flying sensibly.
            They did a great job one this one. At first thought the price was a little high until I had it out of the box and checking all the nice scale detail it has and the paint job is top notch and does not lift when using masking tape like all their other planes

Comment

I ordered my eflite a10 this week. It should be here by next weekend. I can't wait to get it together and in the air!!

What batteries is everyone running? I had planned on some 6s 4000mah 60c packs.

Comment

Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
                I ordered my eflite a10 this week. It should be here by next weekend. I can't wait to get it together and in the air!!

What batteries is everyone running? I had planned on some 6s 4000mah 60c packs.
                I'm using Turnigy HD4000 60c packs and they are pretty painful to be honest. Had to remove some foam from the inside of the fuse to get it back enough to close the canopy and still took 1/2oz of ballast in the tail. That said it flies great with them.

Much better luck with a smaller and lighter 3700 pack and flight times are comparable.

Comment

I like your personalization, Wild Man ! Let us know how you like it! From what I've heard, I agree with Mshagg that a 3600-3700 pack is best if you don't want to have to mod anything.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Can you post a picture mshagg? I planned on the turnigy heavy duty batteries going into my A10 since i have a few of them for other planes / boats etc.

How much did you have to modify? I know pilot ryan & a few other people said they were using the spektrum 4000 packs with no modification.

Comment

So the spekrum packs are super compact and super light for the capacity. Makes me wonder how legit the C rating is but that's a different conversation lol. If you can stomach the price (they're asking $250AUD here!!) they would be perfect for this jet.

Here's some pics of the big ol' Turnigy in there. Hopefully you can see the foam carving. They work ok but it really does fly much better on a lighter pack. Like you, I had these at hand from other planes. But I wouldn't buy them just for this jet.

​​​​​

Name:	20200401_074617.jpg
Views:	1282
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	248599Click image for larger version

Name:	20200401_074626.jpg
Views:	1292
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	248600

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                        I like your personalization, Wild Man ! Let us know how you like it! From what I've heard, I agree with Mshagg that a 3600-3700 pack is best if you don't want to have to mod anything.
                        So I've got the FMS V2, the eflite UMX and the eflite 64mm. Figure it's only right I get the freewing now ;)

Some food for thought alpha... 6s 64mm EDFs open up a crazy new world of easy form factor planes that are ridiculously overpowered. The fussy battery size is a bit of a pain given we're all used to 5000mah house bricks. But still. Can't wait to see what you and the freewing team come up with in the months to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                          I like to keep things light so I went with MRC's 3300 30c batteries. At Our higher Altitudes light is better. When it comes to performance and time there is not that much difference, I fly a lot in the winter months and at these higher alt. we really notice a difference between winter density Alt. and summer time Density Alt. The higher the Alt. the lower the performance 3,000 to 7,000 MSL makes one big difference, and not as bad from Sea level to 3,000 MSL gets back to the three H's when it comes to performance

Comment

Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                            So the spekrum packs are super compact and super light for the capacity. Makes me wonder how legit the C rating is but that's a different conversation lol. If you can stomach the price (they're asking $250AUD here!!) they would be perfect for this jet.

Here's some pics of the big ol' Turnigy in there. Hopefully you can see the foam carving. They work ok but it really does fly much better on a lighter pack. Like you, I had these at hand from other planes. But I wouldn't buy them just for this jet.

​​​​​

Name:	20200401_074617.jpg
Views:	1282
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	248599Click image for larger version

Name:	20200401_074626.jpg
Views:	1292
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	248600
                            Thanks for the pictures!!! Super helpful.

The battery placement in the pictures is that where that is CG'ing with those turnigy packs? I'll probably try to fly it on those to start since i have quite a few. I might look into getting a smaller pack or two for it down the road.

Comment

Yes, with 1/2oz of lead just under the horizontal stab.

Comment

MSHAGG - Are you connecting your battery on the top of the pack with the wires coming thru just below the latch for the hatch? Or did you re run wires so they are under the battery tray somehow?

Comment

With smaller packs I bring them up the side of the battery, with the larger packs I connect the battery and then slide it into position as there isn't room either side to get the wires past.

Comment

Have you had any issues with your BEC? Or have you located your BEC someplace that it's not getting moved around a bunch?

I picked up a spektrum 6s 3200 pack from the local hobby shop today. Fits to much easier and these things aren't a problem. But like i said i have a bunch of these turnigy 6s 4000 i'd like to be able to use. So all this info has been helpful to say the least.

Comment

Got some flights in with my A10 Thursday afternoon & got a few clips on my cell phone.

Testing the cell phone camera during a flight with the E-flite A10 Thunderbolt II. This was the second flight on the A10. I was flying this on the Spektrum...

Great Jet would recommend it to anyone. Maybe even as a first jet it fly's that well.

Comment

Flew the A10 this weekend. Got a few flights in with the full armament on the plane. It slowed the plane down just a touch, but over all you don't even know they are there until you see them in all their glory. They don't really affect the flight of the plane to much.

The more i fly this eflite a10 the more i love it. It's a confidence building machine.

Comment

Working...
                                        X