X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
    Got some flights in with my A10 Thursday afternoon & got a few clips on my cell phone.

Testing the cell phone camera during a flight with the E-flite A10 Thunderbolt II. This was the second flight on the A10. I was flying this on the Spektrum...

Great Jet would recommend it to anyone. Maybe even as a first jet it fly's that well.
    Crick3t WOW ! As soon as I opened and started watching your flight on the E-Flite A-10 . I recognized the field right away. Flying Mustangs in Billings Montana. I missed the last two years June fly in. i Plan on coming up this year a few times and fly with Chris L and Earl S. Just finished painting my A-10 I added more Camo, Black and Tan. Really changed the looks of the A-10 I will post some picks after work tomorrow. need to hit the sack it is 1 in the morning I just finished the programming. I need to get up at 6;00 am and get to work, hopefully the weather will be nice enough to fly it this weekend

Comment

Went ahead and took a few photo's after I programmed and balanced My A-10. I just did not did not like all the shades of Gray alone so I had to change it.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	A-101.jpg
Views:	1375
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	250685Click image for larger version

Name:	A-103.jpg
Views:	1261
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	250686Click image for larger version

Name:	A-102.jpg
Views:	1233
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	250687

Comment

I just started flying this year in March. Had a friend that has been part of the club for a while and got me into it. Love this hobby!!! I know Earl. He helped me a lot with learning how to land jet's. He's a funny guy too. Nothing he fly's goes slow HAHAH.

The paint scheme turned out really well. Really makes it look totally different (AND REALLY GOOD) from the base grey paint.

Comment

Went out today and got a flight in with the A10. Setup a gopro on the runway for one of the flights. Here's a link to the clip from today's runway cam.

The wind was between 15-25+ MPH. I only did one flight before calling it a day. The A10 handled the wind really well. It was still work being pushed aroun...

Comment

I need HELP!!! I received a new E-Flite A10 Thunderbolt ll I can't get the receiver to power up Horizon is sending a new BEC and receiver. Does someone KNOW what port the BEC uses on the receiver?

Comment

Any port that's free. You could plug it into the bind/prog port after its it's bound.

I suspect you'll find there is a y-harness in there because all 6 outputs on the AR636 are in use.

Comment

Originally posted by bobtheman View Post
                I need HELP!!! I received a new E-Flite A10 Thunderbolt ll I can't get the receiver to power up Horizon is sending a new BEC and receiver. Does someone KNOW what port the BEC uses on the receiver?
                I have had people call me about this . The receiver will not power up if you did not install the bind plug first before plugging in the battery to bind . this is easy to over look when in a hurry

Comment

Finally had a nice Spring day no rain or wind. So I loaded up my new E-flite A-10 Twin 64 mm EDF, and put the first two flights on it. had no one else with me, so I did not get any video. There are only two items I need to adjust the steering, plane pulls to the right, and I need to give it a little up elevator. 4 minute flights were just about right, bringing the 6 cell MRC 3300's down to 34% and 3.79 per cell
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	firstflight1.jpg
Views:	1324
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	253666Click image for larger version

Name:	firstflight3.jpg
Views:	1199
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	253667

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                    I like your personalization, Wild Man ! Let us know how you like it! From what I've heard, I agree with Mshagg that a 3600-3700 pack is best if you don't want to have to mod anything.
                    We finally had a nice day so I went out and put four flights on the new E-Flite A-10 this video is not the best, but it is hard to find people that are good at keeping the planes in the shot when it is there first time using a cell phone, but my friend did OK for the first time. This was the second flight. The first flight was with out the armament and I had to adjust the elevator linkage and put in one turn of up elevator I am flying it on a MRC 6 cell 3300 30c. The A-10 is a very comfortable flying Smaller EDF and very predictable in flght. With the armament on it I need more up elevator trim and the armament does slow it done some. I liked the way it lands with 1/2 flap better then with full, full flap is going to take more practice it slows it down and more throttle is needed as yuou can see in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W7SMeFiobk

Comment

Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
                      Got some flights in with my A10 Thursday afternoon & got a few clips on my cell phone.

Testing the cell phone camera during a flight with the E-flite A10 Thunderbolt II. This was the second flight on the A10. I was flying this on the Spektrum...

Great Jet would recommend it to anyone. Maybe even as a first jet it fly's that well.
                      Its pretty good!

Comment

I went over to Gillette Wyo. today to help with a little Surveying on a new building for the sub floor and do a little flying I flew my E-Flite A-10 and my new Free Wing T-33 on the second flight with the A-10, The 5th flight on it. After taxing back to the pit area I made a turn into the pit area the right main rolled out from underneath the wing. All the landings I had made were a little fast and I had never bounced the plane on any landing. here are a few photo's, There wasn't hardly any glue holding the retract assembly in place.I used 15 minute Epoxy to repair I also poke holes in the foam before adding the Epoxy for a better bond (sorta makes little rivets after it soaks in for a very strong bond. i also added foam safe CA to the left main assembly
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	repair1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.9 KB ID:	254797Click image for larger version  Name:	repair2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	254798Click image for larger version  Name:	repair3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	254799Click image for larger version  Name:	repair4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.7 KB ID:	254800

Comment

Originally posted by mshagg View Post

So I've got the FMS V2, the eflite UMX and the eflite 64mm. Figure it's only right I get the freewing now ;)

Some food for thought alpha... 6s 64mm EDFs open up a crazy new world of easy form factor planes that are ridiculously overpowered. The fussy battery size is a bit of a pain given we're all used to 5000mah house bricks. But still. Can't wait to see what you and the freewing team come up with in the months to come!
                          I am so indecisive, I want an A-10 as my next jet. But I cannot decide between the FMS V2 Arctic Camo 70mm A-10 or the new 64mm E-flite A-10. I have read nothing but great things about the E-flite A-10 but the thing that worries me is that I cannot find as many reviews out on the internet on the FMS A-10 Arctic Camo 70mm. Is this because it is not a favorite among pilots?

My train of thought is, if I am simply deciding the FMS over the E-flite only because of the paint scheme, then I should go with the E-flite because I could easily buy some paint and modify if I want. However, I already have the 64mm E-flite F-15 and I am wanting a bigger sized fan. So that is why I am still wanting the FMS 70mm A-10 - it is not a big jump to an 80 or 90mm and I can ease into my level of confidence by moving up to a 70mm jet.
                          Happy flying!

Comment

Originally posted by Cchrissyv1 View Post

I am so indecisive, I want an A-10 as my next jet. But I cannot decide between the FMS V2 Arctic Camo 70mm A-10 or the new 64mm E-flite A-10. I have read nothing but great things about the E-flite A-10 but the thing that worries me is that I cannot find as many reviews out on the internet on the FMS A-10 Arctic Camo 70mm. Is this because it is not a favorite among pilots?

My train of thought is, if I am simply deciding the FMS over the E-flite only because of the paint scheme, then I should go with the E-flite because I could easily buy some paint and modify if I want. However, I already have the 64mm E-flite F-15 and I am wanting a bigger sized fan. So that is why I am still wanting the FMS 70mm A-10 - it is not a big jump to an 80 or 90mm and I can ease into my level of confidence by moving up to a 70mm jet.
                            They're very different planes, so you can invest more indecision than the paint job lol.

The eflite honestly flies like a small warbird that just happens to be a twin EDF that looks like a hog. It's light, easy to transport and easy to fly. You can really throw it around in the air, in a very un-scale like manner, duff it in and then easily transport it back home. The primary weakness is that it's fussy with batteries. Get up to 4000mah and you'll have a hard time fitting it in the fuselage and getting a good CG. I loooove the flipper scheme, but there's no denying the FMS v2 is the sexiest looking EDF on the market (in my opinion). Eflite loses points for glued assembly of the rear section - pray that the rudder and elevator servos have a long service life lol.

The FMS is a beast. It's big and it's heavy. Needs a lot more space. Although it's easy enough to fly due to the configuration of the aircraft (big straight wings), your sore arms from carrying it out of the car weigh on your mind when you're flying it. It has more power, obviously, but a lower top speed and is far less agile than the eflite. It will take whatever battery you want, but flight times will suffer below 5000mah. Commands a little more technique as it has more adverse yaw tendencies, but im always being told I should use more rudder anyway. Primary weakness is the LG - rough landings will pull the mains out of the foam, although that's an easy fix. The front oleo really benefits from switching to a trailing link for grass ops. For tarmac it's probably a non-issue, but us grass guys are no stranger to swapping struts out lol. The included gyro does what it says on the box, but i think AS3X on the eflite's AR636 is the gold standard.

Most of all it depends on where you are in your EDF journey - I'd say you want some experience with larger jets (like an 80mm avanti or something) before tackling the FMS A10. The eflite would be an awesome stepping stone from the F-15 (a plane i know and love due it kicking off my EDF addiction). It would almost be a good first EDF but the speed would be too much for someone at that stage.

If you want a fast, easy plane than looks like a hog - go for the eflite. If you want something more challenging that brings on that unsettling - but rewarding - nervousness, go for the FMS. They're both great, but fulfill different roles in the hangar.

Comment

I have twp a-10's. the Free Wing Twin 80 mm and now the E-Flite Twin 64 mm A-10. My reason for purchasing the E-Flite A-10 was for convenience and less travel time to and from where I fly it and I have 4 other planes that use the 6 cell 3300's.The Admiral 6 cells I have are a great fit with no hassle with attaining the correct CG and can be set at 55 mm to 70 mm as advertised. I have my CG now at 65 mm back from the leading edge, and this fits ,y flying style. I fly many smaller planes from a parking lot south of our Fair ground 30 ft. wide and 900 ft long. We have permission from the Fair ground to fly there. The parking lot and surrounding area is some what confined and a lot of the other people I do fly with find it some what intimidating and nerve racking, and requires quit a bit more skill to fly in a small place. I find the smaller E-Flite Twin 64 mm A-10 was a very good choice for such a venue and a great smaller EDF to add to any ones Hanger. To see the video of the parking lot we fly smaller planes from check out post #29. So if you want a great flying smaller A-10 this is it I would recommend it to any one looking for one

Comment

Got my E-Flite twin 64mm A-10 last week. Spektrum 4000 60C 6S fits with wiring alongside and battery wedged into fuselage far enough back to set CG at 62mm. Configured DX6e tx using file from Spektrum website. I get a full five minutes in calm air and could stretch it out to 6, but I like having that extra minute for missed approaches. My only issue is I cannot switch off SAFE in flight from the transmitter (switch B for my other SAFE aircraft) like I can with other AR636B equipped planes. I followed the switch assignment procedure detailed in the manual with no results. It would be nice to have the help for scale-like landings and puttering about then switch it off to pull loops and rolls. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200725_145235.jpg
Views:	1069
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	266685

Comment

if anyone has the a10 armament for sale let me know pls

Comment

Ron1950 I pm'd you about the ordinance.

Comment

Thanks san. Very interested pmed you back.

Comment

Working...
                                      X