Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the comments on the rubbish retracts, I've bought a set of Elecrton evo40, they can be ordered with various trunnions which are easily removable and reversible. Ordered mains with 12.7mm (half inch) and front with 11mm.
    Mains required little work front hole fixings changed from 3mm to 4mm Tee nuts, re drilled rear mounting holes and inserted 4mm Tee nuts, perfect! Slight mod to do on the gear door though as evo40's are slightly bigger. Fastened with 45mm x 4mm Allen bolts.
    Front strut required woodwork surgery, but fits well, again the strut gear door needs a little modification.

Electron's are powerful, far superior than the cheap Roban ones, also bought the GS200 control unit, expensive but well worth the cost, can also control braked wheels if I need to upgrade in the future. Will post photos when done!

Comment

• Hey guys what is everyone doing about esc cooling? Esc fans or ducting? I really dont like the idea of cutting holes in the fuse and putting vents and if i have too id like to know where

Comment

• ​ I fixed the elevator problem that thing stripped out almost immediately even with flat spots on the rods

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	22082.jpeg
Views:	482
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	272549 The final piece of the puzzle came in hopefully maiden next month just waiting for the xicoy cg balancer

Comment

• Is the book right on cg being 3 3/4" from the leading edge?

Comment

• Does anyone know how to get the nose gear from steering after its retracted

Comment

• Not sure how the nose steering is set up on this bird. If the situation allows, I often put the nose gear steering on its own channel and do a proportional mix to the rudder. Then have the mix only active when the gear are extended, activated by the retract switch. That way there is no nose gear steering when the gear are retracted.

Comment

• I'm using the 26ch smooth flite from booma and the jp hobby landing gear controller .the gear its self doesn't have a switch

Comment

• She is done finally just put it on the xicoy and have the cg dead on ...the right wing needed 10oz to correct and the nose needed 1lb so the auw is 30.5lbs ...hopefully will be posting the maiden video Click image for larger version

Name:	20200907_092120.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	275321 Sunday....wish me luck

Comment

• Looks fantastic Reeper38! Love the subtle detailing/weathering. I wish you the very best of luck on your maiden Sunday! Looking forward to a successful maiden video and report!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Does anyone know the wing area of the jet? I'm trying to calculate the stall speed and wing loading ...im at 31.5lbs all up and 33lb static at wot....am I good for the maiden next weekend

Comment

• Is it true that the v2 from motion came with brakes? Does anyone know how I can get a set of this gear?

Comment

• The version 2 does not come with brakes, mine is supposed to be a V2 but to be honest I can’t see any differences between the photos from other build threads.
                            The number on all the parts inside mine is 24. Does anyone know if this is likely to be the 24th model produced or something else?
                            Or indeed when did version 2 arrive!

Comment

• Yep im pretty sure yours is v1 also im pretty sure that means its the 24th one made mine is 26 u are right the parts are numbered like that off the line im not sure when the v2 came out

Comment

• I just chatted with someone that got the v2 from motion and they said it came with brakes

Comment

• That’s annoying then as I bought my “version 2” earlier this year from MotionRC, sounds like I need to message them!!!

Comment

• Unless the numbers started again with v2 ..which I would assume they would .but I heard just a title while ago that this guys that came from motion had brakes....let me see a pic of your gear ill tell ya if its v1 or not

Comment

• Well hopefully its nice next weekend and I can maiden this hog Click image for larger version

Name:	20200919_161109.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	275757Click image for larger version

Name:	20200919_161157.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	275758

Comment

• Hey Reeper38
                                        I’m anxiously waiting to see how your maiden flight goes?
                                        I have one sitting in the box
                                        i’m still a little reluctant about building it considering previous issues
                                        I wish you the best of luck
                                        Frank

Comment

• Boy she sure looks the part. Good luck man!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X