Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said I've never owned a foam airplane, thats not exactly true. I do have a twisted hobbies Crack Laser. Its a foamie, but yall know what I mean.

Comment

• Can someone please explain to me how the main battery telemetry works...how can I get spoken read outs of my main packs voltage percentage? I'm using the ar smoothflite 16ch with a spektrum 9030 t receiver with 3 satellites...how and where do I wire up the packs...im pretty sure I put them on the flight pack telemetry port but im not sure and don't want to burn anything up ? I already caught 2 servos on fire 🔥 on this build .and don't want to burn up my reciever or the smoothflihht

Comment

• Originally posted by Reeper38 View Post
        Can someone please explain to me how the main battery telemetry works...how can I get spoken read outs of my main packs voltage percentage? I'm using the ar smoothflite 16ch with a spektrum 9030 t receiver with 3 satellites...how and where do I wire up the packs...im pretty sure I put them on the flight pack telemetry port but im not sure and don't want to burn anything up ? I already caught 2 servos on fire 🔥 on this build .and don't want to burn up my reciever or the smoothflihht
        You have to connect the sensor lead that comes with the receiver to the battery leads going to the esc then plug it into the flight pack voltage port on the receiver. That will give you the voltage from one set of the flight packs, im 100% positive about that. Im using the 9030 as well and im not positive, but I think you have to get a second sensor lead and connect it to the second esc then plug it into one of the auxiliary ports on the receiver then you have to go into your Telemetry setup in your TX and configure that aux port to the flight pack voltage setting. As far as the voice commands its been a while since I set it up but if I remember right you go to the voice alert setting in the tx and it will give you an option of how often you want the tx to give you a readout. Or you can set it where it will just give you a warning when the packs reach a pre determined voltage. I have all my airplanes set up to give me readouts. Its a nice feature to have. That smoothflite 16h, is that like a powerbox gyro?

Comment

• Does anyone have any concerns about the way the verticals just glue to the horizontal stab. If it tries to delaminate inside the vertical they will tear right off. Im thinking about taking a dremel and at least remove some of the glass inside the joint so i can get a wood to wood glue joint. I know one guy had that problem and had to drill holes in the vertical and just force a large amount of epoxy into it to stabilize it. It didn't happen in flight, he bumped it on the doorframe trying to bring it inside but he said he barely bumped it, that it came apart pretty easily

Comment

• Jink it is like the powerbox mercury but imo its better .man booma is the **** these things are amazing I had the 26ch on the other a-10 and it was a total loss...the 16 is filled up thought im not going to be able too do the operational cockpit..unless I double the esc fans up or just wire direct w/a switch.i have all surface on there own channel so I can have full crow and rudder brakes as well as reg.brakes..im getting close to finishing

Comment

• Text me jink I forgot to save your number and its to far back in my call log...I want to see what ur plan was to cover these wheel wells ..im thinking I want to make a mold and make some fiberglass inserts ...I don't know if u can do it unless u make urs magnetic so u can take the wings off...u should consider making a 1 piece

Comment

• Originally posted by Reeper38 View Post
                Text me jink I forgot to save your number and its to far back in my call log...I want to see what ur plan was to cover these wheel wells ..im thinking I want to make a mold and make some fiberglass inserts ...I don't know if u can do it unless u make urs magnetic so u can take the wings off...u should consider making a 1 piece
                Reaper, I really don't see any reason that the wheel wells need covering, they are so deep in the LG pods and out of the slipstream of the airframe in my opinion its unnecessary work. I've been back and forth about a one piece wing but like I said in an earlier post, transportation and assembly ease are important features to me. With the additional mod im working on now my three piece wing setup should be bullet proof. I just got a new phone and im working out of town, ill be back late tonight so if I can't get your number out of my old phone I'll pm you

Comment

• Ok, I have a question, I've always heard that you can't mix analog and digital servos on the same airplane. I've never heard an explanation as to why, it's just an issue that I've never had to deal with because all my airplanes that I have now are all 3d type aircraft and have digital servos. Its been some years since I've done a scale build and for the most part I always used analog servos on them. I went that same route on this build to save money and a little weight. I know the weight saving was minimal but analog servos are lighter than digital and there's a bunch of them on this airplane. The problem im having is finding a thin wing type analog servo that has enough torque to drive the elevator halves. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Comment

• after doing a little research that I should have done beforehand it looks like I've suffered yet another setback on this build. From what I understand using analog servos with the newer spektrum radios above 9 ch is problematic due to the higher frame rates. It causes the servos to "hunt" when trying to hold the neutral position or when holding a set deflection such as flap settings. From what I understand it will cause higher current draw and heat build-up and will ultimately burn up the servos at a rapid pace. Someone please tell me im wrong and that I don't have to re-buy all my servos for this build

Comment

• Can you set the receiver to output low frame rates? I’ve mixed analogue and digital before with no problems, only had Futaba and now on Jeti so no experience with spektrum.
                      Think everyone gone over to the RCgroups thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skytrakvideo View Post
                        Can you set the receiver to output low frame rates? I’ve mixed analogue and digital before with no problems, only had Futaba and now on Jeti so no experience with spektrum.
                        Think everyone gone over to the RCgroups thread!
                        I don't know if that's something that I can manually change. I got out of the hobby for a good while and the electronic technology got away from me. The last scale build I did i was still using a JR 10x PCM radio. There was a fairly steep learning curve in front of me adding electric flight into the equation as well. I can't find anything in my RX and TX manuals about how to change it of if you can. All I know is my full range RX's seem to bind at 22 fps and the one micro receiver that I own in a little 3D foamie binds at 11. Still stuck on this one. I did go ahead and order two of the spektrum thin wing digital servos off Amazon because apparently they discontinued them just in case I do have to replace them all. What do you guys think the minimum torque requirements would be to drive the elevator halves using the factory mechanism. I know that big scale planes like this don't require a lot of torque say like a 3D plane of compared size because of much smaller control throws. I know I need to get this figured out so I can move on. Im just used to a certain building process where I do things in a certain order and I've never liked to deviate from that.

Comment

• OK, I figured out the servo deal with one exception. I can change the setting in my TX to transmit a lower frame rate. The servos I have will work. I have one concern. Im comfortable with the torque output on the servos i have with one exception. I feel like I need more torque on my elevator servo since ive decided to go with the factory mechanism to drive both halves modified to a point where I feel it isn't going to come apart on me down the road. The only analog servos I can find with more torque than the ones I have are those big clunky giant scale servos. Anybody have a suggestion? And im with you skytak. Im starting to think nobody is following this thread anymore either. There were several guys that were either building or bought one of these A 10s ready to fly and after post or 2 they just disappeared. I look at the rcgroups thread from time to time but I haven't been able to get into my account to post or pm anyone for some time now. Tried like 5 times to change or recover my password with no luck.

Comment

• Jink - Can't speak for anyone else but I am still following. I come here nearly every day to get my A-10 fix since I sold my CGRC. Maybe you guys just need to post more and finish these birds? Totally kidding, of course. I know what it is like to be buried in the project. Anyway, have a look at Promodeler servos. Super torque in mini sizes and top notch quality. IMO, reasonable pricing for what you get. Not a sales pitch and I am not a paid shill. They just solved a sticky problem for me where I needed some serious torque and reliability in a mini size.

Comment

• 3D printed missiles...... found on Thingiverse.com 1:10 scale
                              Re-sized in the 3D printer software (easy) to 130% about 1:8 scale. 3D printer best toy I've bought since the A10 🙄🤣

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210129_184938.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	296915

Comment

• Hey Reeper - how's your's coming along, must be nearly ready for wiring by now?

Comment

• Hey sky almost done all wiring except motors this week I'm sending Gary my het's to get the new fans installed and the jp mains and brakes are at the machine shop and he said 2 weeks to get to it and complete...after that she's ready.i bought my first 2 turbines and have been working on those to get ready to get my waiver on February 19th -21st...I purchased a brand new swiwin v2 3d hotdog and a k100g2 to go in it ... and a new boomarang elan with a jetcat p120 so im hustling to get em done before the 19th...also a huge 122"hangar 9 su-26 imac beast with a dle-170cc its a very nice plane ....has 3 servos per aileron...ridiculous haha Click image for larger version

Name:	20210129_224926.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	297048Click image for larger version

Name:	20210120_200527.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	297049

Comment

• That thing doesn't look fast at all.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Awesome stuff you've got there Reeper, those should keep you entertained all summer 🤣👍
                                      I've got a few other projects on the go, problem I have is sticking to one until it's ready!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210122_125631.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.3 KB ID:	297076
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200711_144434.jpg Views:	1 Size:	207.9 KB ID:	297077
                                      Awaiting EDF conversion, with Schubeler/Tenshock

Comment

• Reeper - good luck this weekend, hope the weather is good!

Comment

• Of course the rally got canceled cause the weather ...o well gives me a few more weeks to get everything ready...working on the 93" f4u corsair also got my new radio and trying to learn it that l39 is sick sky and I'm working on the su26 and the gear for the a-10 is still not done been like 3 weeks ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                                          X