• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pullin' for you guys! Much success!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Does any one know what color grey the grey a10 so I can do some scratch touch ups and have it match. I know it's grey but has anyone found a grey that's exact or close to...that matches?

Thanks

Comment

• I could not find anything that was an exact match. Ended up mixing my own and blended it in with the airbrush.

Comment

• Originally posted by MWDK9 View Post
          Does any one know what color grey the grey a10 so I can do some scratch touch ups and have it match. I know it's grey but has anyone found a grey that's exact or close to...that matches?

Thanks
          I couldn't match it with off the shelf paint, I had my local paint store scan it and match it in a latex house paint to do touch ups and it matched very well but I'm doing a full re-paint with scale colors seeing I've had to remove the wing skin to reinforce the structure

Comment

• BTW, I don't think there is an actual paint number because the first kit i received had damage and had to be replaced. I received the new airframe before I sent the old one back to RCaerodine and the two were slightly different shades of grey.

Comment

• Thanks all , I guess I'll have to repaint more close to realistic

Comment

• The latex paint i had mixed at the paint store matched very well. I took the outer wing panel and they scanned it. It would be fine for touch ups because you don't have to worry about it being fuel proof. You can even thin it 60/40 with clear windex and spray it with an airbrush

Comment

• This weekend will be the maiden if the weather cooperates. I am running four 5000 mah Spektrum batteries and in order to get the cg at 3 3/4 inches the batteries all had to go right over the front wheel. Tomorrow I will weigh it and report back what that is. I taxi tested it up and down the street and it definitely has the power to take off. You can see the nacelles torque roll to the left if you hit the throttle too fast. I can see during flight that gradual throttle increases will be a good idea. If it survives the maiden I will do a repaint in the correct Alaskan scheme and apply new decals from Callie. Click image for larger version

Name:	D6E069CC-CF14-44C1-AC67-BB8EDFC1087C.jpeg
Views:	433
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	310762
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I'll be taking mine up Sunday I put all 4 6s 5000 in the tray and 2 2s 4000 in the nose and came in at .25 nose heavy so ill call it good with auw being 32.5lbs Click image for larger version

Name:	16196637647504193793611769854883.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	310768

Comment

• That’s a nice looking jet. I think my JPHobby fans must be heavy.

Comment

• Godspeed gents, may they both come down happy and healthy after their maiden voyages. We're rootin' for ya!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Good luck to both of you!!!! Nice looking jet Reaper, 32.5 is a good auw considering all your mods. Hope you guys have recruited good camera men. Anxiously awaiting the results. And Dan, in the RC groups thread another modeler that had some success with this airframe had to add carbon fiber cloth to the area where the nacelles mount. Ii believe reaper has already done so and im planning the same

Comment

• Hope you’ve both got video camera's ready and charged!
                            Dan, your JPhobby fans are very similar in weight to the ejets jetfan, around 700g each.
                            CG with landing gear down.
                            Don’t go ballistic with full throttle all the time once you’re off the ground, and keep some power on for landing, although you probably know that anyway!
                            Good luck chaps, chocks away!

Comment

• My A10 weighs 30 pounds 4 ounces. I am going to add cloth and resin to the nacelle mounts tonight and be ready for the weekend. I checked CG with gear down and my batteries have to be all the way forward to balance. I can see that abrupt full throttle on takeoff or otherwise would be disastrous. I flipped my FMS A10 over on its lid when I first got that a year ago because I pinned the throttle on takeoff before it had enough speed to liftoff. But I am looking forward to the flight. There is nothing like flying something that makes your knees shake from nervousness.

Comment

• Have any of you changed out the control horns for something that does not protrude thru the control surface? Carbon fiber or something? If so let me know its something I want to change after the maiden.

Comment

• In honor of your maidens I switched out the header image to the A-10. (Shift+Refresh on your browser on PC). Kick the tires and light the fires!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Loaded and ready for the morning..gopro is charging...im going to fly a bunch of stuff in the morning to get warmed up but by the end of the day I'll have some vid up on youtube... Click image for larger version

Name:	20210501_231325.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	311132

Comment

• Bad maiden super tail heavy xicoy lied or I messed up somewhere...I used my original from the first and that think was perfect...luckily I over buit it and my emergency landing only bent the struts and retracts ..ill fix it after first inflight
                                      video coming soon

Comment

• Ugh, well I'm glad it wasn't a total loss. Sounds like she will be air-worthy soon. Good luck on the re-maiden!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• In order to get mine to balance I had to put all 4 of the lipos pretty much over the front retract. I did not fly mine because during taxi testing and running the motors up to full throttle one of my new spektrum G2 batteries went completely dead causing the left fan to cut out. But I will fly it this week. It either flies or dies——

Comment

Working...
                                          X