Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had mine for about 3 years, so I have the one with 150 amp esc in it. Haven't done much with it past year, but looking at improvements that have come along, I plan on getting the new HSD fan when it comes in in mid May and the newer control box.
    has anyone converted their older model to the newer control box? What was the difficulty setting it up?

Comment

Aros i I flew mine today with the TH-ELE mix turned off to see how it would behave. I like it much more, now the rolls are clean and axial. A great model flying even better. With the mix turned off my CG is now closer to yours at 168mm. I am not sure why HSD ships these with the TH-ELE mix turned on, maybe something to do with the fact that the same controller is shipped with the turbine version? Anyway the TH-ELE mix is staying off now.

Comment

Nice! Yeah I am with you PaulZ , I don't see the need for that throttle/elev mix. There's got to be some science behind it I guess but I never understood it and always deactivated it.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying, T/E mix off and CG back near 170mm. Now if you want an even nicer scale flying model add tailerons and flaps.

Comment

I got her today...Dang I forgot how big she is. Here's a photo next to the Freewing 90mm, and she ain't no slouch either. Flaperons I get for shorter takeoffs and slower landings but tailerons makes me think hyper-sensitive roll, no?

Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.8 KB ID:	251731
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Aros I think everyone that gets the HSD F16 takes the same picture.....I did lol (A10 has 90mm upgrade)
              Tailerons are actually less sensitive than ailerons since they are closer to center line but are responsive. It makes the rolls more scale, not axial, plus with rudder input they look great. Just create a condition so you can have both modes.
              Here is a quick video of the 3 conditions I had on maiden.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8E56D701-F900-44ED-93F2-C48F9EC86DA5.jpeg
Views:	742
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	251747Click image for larger version

Name:	D255E7DA-6EE2-4C34-9C6A-1F06255E366F.jpeg
Views:	727
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	251746 Let’s try it again

Comment

lol I think you're right on the same photos...Thanks for the info and vid! Now about the controller...Do you have to manually set everything up through it or can you still hook up your rx and use your radio for setting up like usual?
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

These F-16 still need more power when are one of you going to try 14s. for the most part all the ESC's that handle 12S also handle 14S

Comment

I haven't heard anyone try anything beyond 12S for the EDF version...I don't want to be the guinea pig.
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Aros in stock set up, the MFC has double servo outputs On the main controls and servos are connected that way, two servos per channel. To be able to set up stock controls and a condition for tailerons, flaps, and flaperons you will need to connect each surface to its own channel. The MFC has plenty of spare channels to do it. Then all the mixing is done at the transmitter

Comment

Roger that Lcacing, thanks for the info!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Guys, with the the CG closer to 170 and no TH-ELE mix where do you have your elevators for level flight? Manual has them at 5mm from bottom edge of the fuse, I'll start with 2mm and see how she flies.

Comment

PaulZ I haven't been able to setup my new one yet (waiting on the 2S batteries to arrive tomorrow) but I believe I recall on my first two that the trailing edge of my elevators always aligned with the trailing edge of the fuse (see photo)...

Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	252317
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

PaulZ 2mm is about where mine are. Didn’t see any trim adjustment from 168 to 170. The elevators are not neutral even at CG 170 so probably there is still room to move the CG back a bit more. I might try 175 next time I fly.

Comment

I was thinking 165mm for the maiden but now I am thinking that might be a touch nose heavy...Maybe I will maiden at 170...No mixes, straight aileron/elevator. This is one model I always tend to overthink due to the flying space constraints and high approach for landings...I've had some flights where the drive home was pure elation and happiness, and some where the drive home was seething anger and regret, lol.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks Lcacing I just flew a bunch today. I am going to move the CG even further back next time. I was at 168mm and had to trim the elevators right down to the edge of the fuselage, too far in my opinion. The book has CG at 178 and I am wondering if that may be better. Still without the TH-ELE mix...that thing is truly unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                      I was thinking 165mm for the maiden but now I am thinking that might be a touch nose heavy...Maybe I will maiden at 170...No mixes, straight aileron/elevator. This is one model I always tend to overthink due to the flying space constraints and high approach for landings...I've had some flights where the drive home was pure elation and happiness, and some where the drive home was seething anger and regret, lol.
                                      Speaking of anger - the main gear did not deploy on one of the flights today. I did everything, cycled it, rolled the plane etc and nothing. So had to put the nose gear back in and belly land on the grass. Only minor damage, I ripped off the ventral fins and that's it. Lucky landing today...

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        PaulZ I haven't been able to setup my new one yet (waiting on the 2S batteries to arrive tomorrow) but I believe I recall on my first two that the trailing edge of my elevators always aligned with the trailing edge of the fuse (see photo)...

Click image for larger version Name:	unnamed (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	252317
                                        Yes that is where they "should" be on most F-16's but it will still nose down unless you move CG back closer to 170.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                                          Speaking of anger - the main gear did not deploy on one of the flights today. I did everything, cycled it, rolled the plane etc and nothing. So had to put the nose gear back in and belly land on the grass. Only minor damage, I ripped off the ventral fins and that's it. Lucky landing today...
                                          Oh man that sucks! Glad it wasn't any major damage. At least you had grass to belly land. Where I fly it's all pavement so that would leave quite the mark on mine. Ugh. Just something else to stress about, thanks!

I think I went with 175mm once and I found it too tail heavy for my preference and landings were too floaty/touchy if I recall. I always thought the manual's 178mm was way too tail heavy. Maybe it's because of where I fly. On my high approach - even with the long runway - I need to get her big butt down as quickly as possible so as not to eat up most the parking lot. That's probably why I was flying more on the nose heavy side of things - relatively speaking. 170mm might be that nice sweet spot for me.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X