Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the way it handles at 170mm, the only reason I might move the CG back is just to see If it will help or not. When I check the CG in flight, get up, it shows that still a bit nose heavy but the weight of the gear in the down position must be taken into account. For sure a tail heavy plane on landing really sucks.

Comment

I am also thinking 170 is a good sweet spot for CG. I'll try a few more flights and see. Maybe Sunday, weather permitting...

Comment

Did you figure out why the gear didn’t go down? I think sometimes when the gear is cycled, specially with the 3sec delay, to soon it confuses the module. I removed the delay so now as soon as I hit the switch doors open and immediately the gear comes down.

Comment

Got her bound and everything is functioning as it should but the brakes. I have only powered up the controller not the EDF power yet...I only did a little test last night and pushed the button I thought was the button I had for brakes on my last one but nothing happened. I will finish up the setup today and taxi test and see how it goes. Right now CG is set at 170. The next wait is for new RT 5500 70C batteries. Dang things aren't cheap so it's gonna be another payday away at least until maiden.

Anyone tried the Admiral 6000 50Cs, or any Admirals in this bird for that matter?
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Aros I would not invest in the RT 70c,I’m using the RT 5500 45, plus they are on sale for $83. I tried the 70c and did not notice any difference in performance. I set my timer for 3min, gear check pass and land at about 4min use about 3600mah. That’s even with the exhaust mod pulling 116amps at full throttle. Stock pulls even less.
            Im about to get another set, in fact I’m also going to use them on the HSD T-33 EDF.

Comment

Get them from jetwerxrc shipping is only $9 vs Roaringtop $10

Comment

Never mind I just check and now are $94 I procrastinated and lost out

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post

Anyone tried the Admiral 6000 50Cs, or any Admirals in this bird for that matter?
                  I bought one 5000 50c as for the price and performance I was not impressed, after about 20 flights one cell died. I’ve been using HRB 6000’ and for the price they work ok. In fact Used them for the first 20 + flights on the HSD F16, once I got a set of RT5500 45c I could tell a slight performance increase.

Comment

Thanks man, sounds like I will be sticking with the RTs...I will look into the 45Cs if you're saying there was no noticeable difference between those and the 70Cs. I still think C rating is a big unknown in this hobby as far as true ratings go. Looks like I will be switching receivers as my Admiral rx is not doing well with the 44.4V power. When I add power in taxi, I lose rudder and nose wheel control. Turns out I had the antenna too close to the batts. I moved it back to the controller department and it helped, but I still saw the rudder twitching. So I am not chancing this $1K foamie with a $19 receiver, even though I normally endorse them as I haven't had any problems with them, but then again I have only used them in 6S setups at most.

I also noticed the fan has a weird sound I have never heard before. I thought there was something wrong but Chris at HSDJetsUSA said it's normal in the lower RPM range and has to do with the cheater hole. Ran it up to WOT and it sounds fine so I think I'm good to go. So let's see, checklist before maiden:
                    • Purchase new RT batteries
                    • Purchase higher end Spektrum rx with extra long antenna sat wire extension so it's far from the batteries
                    • Purchase quality longer M2M servo leads (I think the ones I am using are not great and is cutting out at times)
                    • Figure out why the brake isn't working (could be related to the servo leads)
                    • Drink a shot of vodka before maiden.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Aros Seen your post on FB, I posted my Futaba rx picture just to throw a friendly jab lol.
                      Brakes should be coming out of R04 lead from the MFC to RX, assigning a switch to that spare aux channel should do it.

I had the same question about that weird noise always around 1/2 throttle, sounds like electronic noise
                      but goes away above or below. Not convinced about the wind answer, I was even leaning towards timing, I was old timing should be high but I have not verified the setting.

C ratings on lipos is just a hype IMO. Every time I see a battery claiming 50c or above I just laugh. We be lucky if we get 1/2 of that, In flight the F16 pulls around 105 amps full throttle. I have a flying buddy that has one of them high end Lipo ESR Meter Mark II, he tested the roaring top 6250 35c and the results showed a “true” 18C with a max output of 108 amps so in reality even the 35c RT will work.
                      I did do one flight with a new set of RT 6250 35c and they performed well. He has not tested my new 45c but My guess they are at least a true 20c or about 110amps output.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lcacing View Post
                        Did you figure out why the gear didn’t go down? I think sometimes when the gear is cycled, specially with the 3sec delay, to soon it confuses the module. I removed the delay so now as soon as I hit the switch doors open and immediately the gear comes down.
                        No I have not, this is still a mystery that worries me. The nose gear door and gear was coming out fine, the mains gear door and gear were not. It's like the whole sequence for the mains was being ignored. This only happened one time on Thursday and of course when I was in the air and it was time to land. I'll try removing the 3sec delay, that makes sense. It takes for ever for these gear to deploy anyway. I'll report back what I find, looks like next week as I decided to not fly the F-16 on Sunday till I do more testing...

Comment

Aros I like your checklist, with the shot of vodka you are good to go! One note on RX. Have you tried your Admiral with a satellite rx added? The 12S system is much more noisy and having a satellite helps. I am using the AR636 but I added a satellite rx and it works perfectly. The flight log only shows a few frame errors which is normal.

Comment

PaulZ Yes the AR636 with satellite is what I was using. I had the satellite taped right next to one of the batteries since the lead wasn't any longer. The AR636 is mounted right in front of the controller. When I put the satellite back in the same compartment with the AR636 (aft of the controller) everything worked. But towards the end of my taxiing I saw the rudder jolt a few times on its own. So now I am afraid it has to do with the receiver. Could be a connection thing as well...

Lcacing I would be surprised if it's the timing since it's supposed to be calibrated out of the box...It's strange, never heard that sound before.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Aros this is how my AR636 is installed, right behind the MFC. The satellite is glued to the roof of the compartment right in front of the MFC and before the batteries. Works great.

Comment

PaulZ I'm sorry I misspoke...I am using the Admiral RX600 not the AR636...Good idea on the placement...I assume you are running fairly lengthy servo leads since the connectors on the back of the MFC to your rx are on the opposite end of your rx placement? Thanks for the pic!

I just ordered the AR9350 9-Channel AS3X Sport Receiver with two satellites. I need to order some new M2M (long) leads as well as I like your placement better.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

PaulZ I'm sorry I misspoke...I am using the Admiral RX600 not the AR636...Good idea on the placement...I assume you are running fairly lengthy servo leads since the connectors on the back of the MFC to your rx are on the opposite end of your rx placement? Thanks for the pic!

I just ordered the AR9350 9-Channel AS3X Sport Receiver with two satellites. I need to order some new M2M (long) leads as well as I like your placement better.
                                  Yes, long leads to reach the other side. Makes a clean install.

Comment

Guys, what is the voltage set to on your MFC for the servos/AUX. I think the F-16 has HV servos but my MFC was set to only 6V for AUX from the factory.

Comment

I wish I knew. I am still trying to figure out how to go through the menu, lol...Once I find out I will let you know. I see that my throttle/elev mix is ON and I want it OFF so I need to figure out how to do that.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I wish I knew. I am still trying to figure out how to go through the menu, lol...Once I find out I will let you know. I see that my throttle/elev mix is ON and I want it OFF so I need to figure out how to do that.
                                        Go to Throttle CP -> Status -> Off.
                                        C
                                        you check what voltage your AUX is set to? You can see that on the main menu by clicking one of the black buttons. A summary screen comes up showing RX voltage and AUX voltage. Thanks!

Comment

Will do, thanks!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X