X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90mm f16 Thunderbird or 90mm blue angel

Hey guys just need an opinion on this. I hear the f16 got a different motor since it was released and is not underpowered anymore is this true? I'm leaning toward the f16 cause I never had one and I am an air force vet. I just want to make sure the performance issues were solved.
    thanks in advance

It's still a heavy bird. The extra power (of 8S) does make it better though.

Comment

I wasnt talking 8s. I'd keep the 6s

Comment

I was mentioning 8S only to say the extra power makes it fly better than the old 6S. I imagine the new 6S won't be as good as the 8S but better than the old 6S...

The F-18 on the other hand flies great on the old 6S set up and is a rocket on 8S and I would think it'd be even better with the new hipo 6S. It flies much lighter than the F-16.

Comment

I see. I guess what I'm asking is if there is anyone out there that has the new 6s could you chime in and tell me how it is. I heard that the old 6s was grossly underpowered.

Comment

Also I already have the eflite f18 so it be nice to get a good f16 now too.

Comment

The 70mm, both EFlite and FW are really good.

Comment

I'm unhappy with eflite quality. First takeoff the e ring let loose and the wheel flew off had to belly land caused damage. Then 2nd flight I over controlled the takeoff caused it to lift off, invert, and then crash. New vertical stabs ordered

Comment

So I do not have experience with the new f18 or the f16, but I can offer a piece of advice from knowledge from my f15. I have the non HP f15 and it's a fantastic flyer but it is heavy, so that is what I assume the f16 will be like with the PNP format. You can order an arf plus and get the inrunner motor system for the f16 separately but the inrunner is out of stock right now. So if you do not mind the wait it might be a better choice to go with that inrunner system even though it will be more expensive. Since it will pay off hopefully in flight performance. Or even just get the F18, F22, F4, or even the HP F15, as a few guys at my club have the F18 and F22 and just rave about them. If you haven't already considered or have an F15, the HP might be a good option, though I havent flown the HP yet, the F15 Outrunner model flies incredibly stable but is just heavy. Also the F18 B/A comes with an inrunner if I'm not mistaken.
                  I also should add that when the term "flies heavy" is used, atleast in my context, it refers to as soon as you back of power to a point it feels like it wants to flat spin and fall out of the sky. In the event my word choice confused someone who was reading I felt that it may be nice to elaborate.

Comment

I appreciate your response. From what I understand the new pump f16 is way better than the original so i would like to hear from someone that has it. I would rather get that opposed to the f18 or f15. I just have a thing for the f16,but dont want to buy a poor performing one.

Comment

Hey, I totally feel that man! I just thought I would toss what knowledge I had out there. I am hoping to hear from an owner aswell since it's on my list of wants!

Comment

Originally posted by Badboys328 View Post
                        Hey guys just need an opinion on this. I hear the f16 got a different motor since it was released and is not underpowered anymore is this true? I'm leaning toward the f16 cause I never had one and I am an air force vet. I just want to make sure the performance issues were solved.
                        thanks in advance
                        I had both, F-16 was so much more fun to fly than the F-18 for me anyway, I sold the F-18 after 15 flights, I just did not like it at all, F-16 is awesome is all I can say, the 1835kv is perfect for it and flies it well.

Comment

DCORSAIR Since I am also curious about it, the 1835 is the inrunner correct? So you have to get the arf plus and then the edf and esc separately? Just wanting to clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by Vextren View Post
                            DCORSAIR Since I am also curious about it, the 1835 is the inrunner correct? So you have to get the arf plus and then the edf and esc separately? Just wanting to clarify.
                            Yes, inrunner and it is so smooth and has a nice woosh to it. I would buy the PNP and then sell the stock fan and motor, cheaper in the long run once you sell the stock fan.

F-18 was too floaty for me but lands so easy, the F-16 flies like it's on rails but is a litte tricky to land, once you get used to it, you will love it.

Comment

DCORSAIR Hey that's great to know! So you recommend grabbing the PNP, and I assume the inrunner and outrunner use the same ESC?

Comment

So put about 12 flights on the raptor yesterday. It flies great! Landings are such greasers!!!. Anyway my last landing unfortunately was a little hard and I snapped a gear leg right outta the retract. Parts already ordered so shell be back in the air in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Vextren View Post
                                  DCORSAIR Hey that's great to know! So you recommend grabbing the PNP, and I assume the inrunner and outrunner use the same ESC?
                                  Yes, just use the stock 130 amp ESC, you shouldn't have an issue. I installed the 1835kv unit in my F-4, F-15, F-16, F-18, F-22. and the Yak 130 with stock 130amp ESC, never had one failure on any of my jets using the stock ESC.

Comment

DCORSAIR Alright! That is good to know for my wallets sake lol, thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Comment

Working...
                                    X